Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is The Holy Grail...? Sounds Intriguing.
(07-13-2019, 03:35 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I don't know what caused it, nor do I know why spiders fly, but they did and do, and I've seen it.

End of story. It kind of creeps me out - it ain't enough that spiders sneak and creep along, now I know the bastards can fly, too!

Many moons ago, I was idling on a countryside bridge that went over a railway line, when I found one of those old audio cassette tapes.
I must've been around ten years-old and probably waiting from some friends to arrive in order to spend the day doing what kids used
to do out in the woods before cell phones came along.

Being a boy, it's natural to take things apart to see how they worked and so, splitting the cassette casing, I examined the two little
wheels -or spools, of tape inside. After a minute or so of inspection -and observing there was no magic voice trapped inside the plastic
shell, I tossed the tape over the bridge.

Except, only one of the spools went over the railing and unwinding as it fell, I saw that the breeze that was flowing from under the
bridge was raising the tape skywards as the little bobbin unfurled its contents whilst dropping to the railway line below.

Then reaching the end of the tape, the empty spool rose from the ground as the breeze lifted the fluttering tape higher.
I grabbed the spool that had caught on the railing and kite-like, manoeuvred the dangling plastic wheel as the breeze continued
to lift the long strip of tape.
Now I guess, this is how spiders fly in the air!

I've seen them attach their threads to a post or whatever and then take-off, moving with the air currents until they get to wherever
they going. It is weird!
Alas, the big ones in my garage are too big to fly!!
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is The Holy Grail...? Sounds Intriguing. - by BIAD - 07-13-2019, 08:49 AM