Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Goes On... and Sometimes, You Wonder Why
I believe you all have discovered the answer to the most vexing question that has plagued philosophers for millennia - "what is the meaning of life?"

As best as I can figure it, I've probably got at most 11 or 12 years left on this rock-ball. My telomeres say that I should make it an average of 25 more years, but I have my doubts I'll last that long. However long it goes, I've made it this far, and I'll make that last mile as well - kicking and screaming as I go, just the same way I made it this far.

The purpose of life is to live, and there is no rhyme or reason beyond that.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life Goes On... and Sometimes, You Wonder Why - by Wallfire - 02-06-2019, 09:05 PM
RE: Life Goes On... and Sometimes, You Wonder Why - by Ninurta - 02-08-2019, 07:57 AM