Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acoustic Guitar Groovy Assault of Your Senses
A personal story:

I was 17 and playing lead guitar/sax/drums for one of the best bands in our state.. I made great money, bought and paid for my own car and musical instruments so life was pretty darn good .  

I was in a music store laying down some of the latest top 40 licks and had a couple of guys asking me how I did that.... I messed around for maybe 20 minutes full of my abilities and feeling good about my show and tell; being helpful/show and tell is something most musicians will do readily..... I got up and was just about ready to leave when a smallish man of Spanish decent picked up a standard guitar.. I had looked at that guitar before and I had thought the neck was to wide and I did not like the string height...

He started playing and the longer he played the more I realized no matter how good you are at something there are always those who are better... This guy was absolutely the best guitar player I had ever seen... He played everything and I just stood there with my mouth open probably...

I walked out of the music store a rather humble 17 year old..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Acoustic Guitar Groovy Assault of Your Senses - by Wallfire - 04-17-2018, 02:17 PM
RE: Acoustic Guitar Groovy Assault of Your Senses - by 727Sky - 04-24-2018, 09:11 AM