Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
(05-23-2019, 05:18 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...The first video in this set, the one that kept flashing "or her" onscreen, set me to wondering - for all his skill
and good fortune, Erwin seems to never have captured a FEMALE pixie on film, and I have to wonder why...

It could be that due the current over-the-top political correctness that's trending, Erwin and Tom are bending the
knee to it in hopes of not pissing-off any passing progressive! The viewer count on all the videos is low and being
passive with the small audience they have, may have been seen as a good move.

Quote:Ninurta

'...I have downloaded every single one of Erwin's videos I could find, and saved them to a local drive so that I can
step through them frame by frame to look for glitches and the like, and so far have not found a one.

The lighting, focus, contrast, edges, etc are exactly what one would expect if it were real. Admittedly, I'm no CGI expert,
and could never make a dime at it, but the work looks phenomenal to me, even frame by frame!...'

I agree, the effects really work. And this is what puzzles me.
The subject matter aside, if it is a style of self-advertising in order to display skills in movie-making, would loading a video
on YouTube really attract the interest of those who work in that industry?

The fifteen videos -to date, don't offer many examples of special effects and tend to lean more towards Erwin's stumbling
character. Admittedly, just like the first Jaws movie, you keep the audience hungry with only glimpses of the monster, but
can Mr. Saunders' act continue to hold the audience's attention?
That's assuming he's acting -of course!

If the goal is to promote one's movie-skills, then it will only be Tom that benefits. Erwin has hinted in the past that it is
London-based Tom that has advised him on how to behave in front of the camera and like others here, I seriously doubt
the elderly Mr. Saunders is the CGI expert. And I say that with respect to him.

The scenes involving Erwin attempting to crouch beneath a slab of rock and hide himself with the camo-netting are only
slightly humorous if the viewer has become used to the investigator's manner. It works to some extent, but if all of this
is a self-promotion campaign of video editing and effects, would Erwin's antics also add to Tom's prowess in film-making?

What is weirdly rational in all of this is Mystic's comments. If you accept the premise that whatever the videos show you
are real, then it all falls into place and the continuity makes sense. Which again, is the mark of a good filmmaker.

It's a conundrum!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by BIAD - 05-23-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 12:15 PM