Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Future; are we ready ?
Neat ideas, but I have a few questions. Taxis are available NOW - if I don't avail myself of them now, why would I do it in this peculiar machine-controlled future? Even if I did, how would I pay for the ride in a future where the jobs have become scarce or non-existent?

Hospitals are chock full of nefarious machinery NOW, but doctors have not become obsolete. How would my phone developing an ability to make me bleed and scan my retinas suddenly make doctors and all of their very much more sophisticated machinery obsolete? While on that topic, machinery that makes me bleed has a short life span. The last one that did that, as well as it's operator, became utterly dismantled. Just because your phone can suddenly hold you down and take your blood, and scan your retina for good measure does not necessarily mean that people who can make use of whatever it discovers, and, you know, HEAL you, will suddenly become of no use. There seems to always be a use for folks that can heal other folks and mend their busted bits.

I would say "who in the hell would even BUY a phone that makes them bleed?", but the question is already answered by the droves of cattle and sheep who are actually paying premium prices to install CIA grade mechanical spies in their houses to keep tabs on them - Alexa, anyone? "Alexa" may be able to order a pizza for you, but I bet she draws the line if you order her to burst into flame.

No thanks. I'm content to live in my cave, scratch, grunt, and chuck sharp sticks at passing wildebeests. It's the Human Way.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
The Future; are we ready ? - by 727Sky - 12-05-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: The Future; are we ready ? - by Wallfire - 12-05-2017, 09:45 AM
RE: The Future; are we ready ? - by BIAD - 12-05-2017, 10:43 AM
RE: The Future; are we ready ? - by 727Sky - 12-05-2017, 11:11 PM
RE: The Future; are we ready ? - by Ninurta - 12-06-2017, 07:12 AM