Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American Pravda, NYT
Not wishing to leave out the West-Coast communists -when it comes to biased 'better-than-you' journalism...

Quote:L.A. Times columnist apologizes for 'insensitive' description of Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

'Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist David Horsey apologized for an "insensitive" description of Sarah Huckabee
Sanders that was removed from his piece about the White House press secretary in the Los Angeles Times.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2772]

"I want to apologize to Times readers  -and to Sarah Huckabee Sanders  -for a description that was insensitive
and failed to meet the standards of our newspaper," Horsey wrote in a note added to the top of the column, which
was first published Wednesday. "It also failed to meet the expectations I have for myself. It surely won’t be my last
mistake, but this particular error will be scrupulously avoided in my future commentaries.
I’ve removed the offending description."

The Times also added a "for the record" comment Friday, reading, "A description of Sarah Huckabee Sanders
at the top of the original post did not meet Times standards. It has been removed." 

In the original column, Horsey said Sanders "does not look like the kind of woman" President Trump would choose,
because he prefers "sleek beauties with long legs and stiletto heels," according to Fox News.
Fox reported that Horsey imagined Trump would have picked someone more like Ivanka or Melania Trump, calling
them, "Barbie dolls in short, tight skirts." 

"By comparison, Sanders looks more like a slightly chunky soccer mom who organizes snacks for the kids' games,"
Horsey wrote in the removed passage, according to Fox. "Rather than the fake eyelashes and formal dresses she
puts on for news briefings, Sanders seems as if she'd be more comfortable in sweats and running shoes." 

“Yet, even if Trump privately wishes he had a supermodel for a press secretary, he is lucky to have Sanders,” Horsey
wrote...'
USA Today:

Pompous son-of-a... Journalist!
L.A Times felt the need to follow the Lady Clinton's negative perception of today's America and deliberately allow
an employee to write, sub-edit, edit and print a personal view that was never gauged as inappropriate in the
alleged talent of Journalism.
Horsey is a hack, print that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
American Pravda, NYT - by guohua - 10-10-2017, 09:25 PM
RE: American Pravda, NYT - by BIAD - 10-10-2017, 09:46 PM
RE: American Pravda, NYT - by Mystic Wanderer - 10-10-2017, 11:05 PM
RE: American Pravda, NYT - by guohua - 10-11-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: American Pravda, NYT - by BIAD - 10-11-2017, 08:36 AM
RE: American Pravda, NYT - by Mystic Wanderer - 10-12-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: American Pravda, NYT - by BIAD - 11-04-2017, 02:31 PM