Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could This Mark The Start Of The Great Apostasy?
Prophecy speaks of the great apostasy of the Catholic Church. I can see a lot of people falling away from the church, if this is true.

Quote:VATICAN CITY -- The Vatican on Monday declared that it is “morally acceptable” for Roman Catholics to receive COVID-19 vaccines based on research that used cells derived from aborted fetuses, guidance that came after some churchmen in the United States argued that such products were immoral.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wir...s-74841735

Add to this news the talk about mandating a vaccine that will be needed to travel, work, or shop, and it makes one think that maybe we need to look closer at what is really going on.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I can point you to some deep, dark secrets about the Catholic Church. They have been being exposed for a few years now, it's just that people are looking in the wrong places.

People need to leave the Catholic Church, or at least stop listening to the current Pope. He is leading people astray.
(12-22-2020, 03:48 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I can point you to some deep, dark secrets about the Catholic Church. They have been being exposed for a few years now, it's just that people are looking in the wrong places.

People need to leave the Catholic Church, or at least stop listening to the current Pope. He is leading people astray.

It has been said that that the “great falling away” is one of the most predicted events in religious history, and that the predictions and or prophecies are found in or interpeted from the book of Revelations.

It was thought that the scandal of the priest and child abuse would open the flood gates, but while some left, the majority of Catholics stayed firm. 

Then there is the prophecy of the last pope. Now this decision may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I can see a boat load of Catholics sailing away on this one. Even I am abashed by this one.

• minusculebeercheers 

The Catholic church saw a huge decline with the priest scandals.  My own parents, who went to church weekly while I was growing up(yes they made me go too) haven't been to church ever since.

I went to Catholic school kindergarten through twelfth grade.  I'm sorry, but it never made sense to me.  A God who would test somebody by asking them to kill their own child?  A God who would wipe out all life on earth except one person?  A vengeful God?  Really?

I never bought any of it.  I'm sure Jesus was a stellar human being, somebody to follow.  Hell, he'd have my vote for president.  But the son of God?  

If God is out there somewhere watching, I think God would be happy with those who simply treat others well and live their lives well.  If not, if God demands my kneeling once a week at church, if God really is a God who would test a father by requiring a child sacrifice, I'll take my chances with Lucifer
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(12-22-2020, 05:54 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: The Catholic church saw a huge decline with the priest scandals.  My own parents, who went to church weekly while I was growing up(yes they made me go too) haven't been to church ever since.

I went to Catholic school kindergarten through twelfth grade.  I'm sorry, but it never made sense to me.  A God who would test somebody by asking them to kill their own child?  A God who would wipe out all life on earth except one person?  A vengeful God?  Really?

I never bought any of it.  I'm sure Jesus was a stellar human being, somebody to follow.  Hell, he'd have my vote for president.  But the son of God?  

If God is out there somewhere watching, I think God would be happy with those who simply treat others well and live their lives well.  If not, if God demands my kneeling once a week at church, if God really is a God who would test a father by requiring a child sacrifice, I'll take my chances with Lucifer

You are not alone with your questions and confusion.

I was where you are now, until I recognized religion as a tool and or weapon of man, and that God was no where in it.

• minusculebeercheers 

(12-22-2020, 06:00 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 05:54 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: The Catholic church saw a huge decline with the priest scandals.  My own parents, who went to church weekly while I was growing up(yes they made me go too) haven't been to church ever since.

You are not alone with your questions and confusion.

I was where you are now, until I recognized religion as a tool and or weapon of man, and that God was no where in it.

I was just about to add what you said to my post.  I do believe that everything had to come from something, my rant was more against organized religion.  I (absurdly) try to put myself in God's shoes.  If I created this universe, this planet, and the people on it, I would never require them to worship me.  I don't have one, but if I created an ant farm colony, I'm not holding it against them for not erecting a temple in my likeness.  

I mean, imagine if I could speak ant.  I then communicate to an ant that I am the alpha and the omega, and that as a test, it should kill it's offspring which it loves.  People would think I was psychotic.  It IS psychotic.  It is mental abuse.  There's a psychological term for it that I can't think of.  

I agree with you, religion was used as a tool for keeping people in line.  "Sure, during your life we can imprison you or execute you, but that'll be nothing to the eternity you'll spend in hell.  God says so."
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]