Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie.
Is the mask mandatory where you live?

I'm asking because, you see, it IS mandatory where I live and the side effects are worth a discussion.

Oh I'm not talking about health issues that you can get from a mask but the overall stigmas and paranoia that has come from this new unregulated law. I say unregulated because the business people owning stores have to implement it and THEY will get fined if it's not, not the customer.

So, in other words; it's a freakin' free for all..

First, there are those new unofficial mask policemen and policewomen (being polite here, they're more like the Gestapo) who will tell you your mask is too big, too small, not set properly, doesn't seem clean enough, is made of the wrong material and blah blah blah. The more paranoid they are, the worse your mask seems to be.

Just yesterday, a customer was refused service at the counter of a liquor store, here where I live, because his nose was exposed. I shit you not.

The cashier (whom I'll subtly call "Klaus the Nazi") just told the guy "put that mask over your nose or I won't serve you.."

To which the customer replied "The hell is wrong with you? Listen buddy, even if I'd sneeze, it'd still have to go through my mask, through the plexiglass between us and then through your mask..so..you can't be serious?"

The cashier threatened to call the police.

How crazy is that? Like, when is too much just too much?

At the beginning of this pandemic (debatable), we were told that masks are health hazards and shouldn't be worn. Then we were told that masks are recommended in certain conditions. Now, they're like a fucking life or death scenario.

Some people are so scared now, I have NEVER seen anything like this. And some other people have become their own Marvel heroes of righteousness..Legends in their own minds.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, at the counter, there was a woman in front of me,and I had this 6 feet distance between us. I moved my cart ONE FOOT closer to start putting my things on the conveyor belt and that woman in front me (a woman in her forties that looked like that beautiful lady from "Throw Momma off the train") just pushed my cart back with one hand and put her other hand in the air, like a stop sign... I was invading her 6 feet self inflicted safe zone bubble apparently..by a few inches.

I just looked at her and couldn't find something to say. I was just like...wow...

Fear. Unfounded, baseless, delusional fear.

I don't have a problem wearing a mask in public areas, I don't like it but I comply.

I don't have a problem washing my hands when I get into a store. I don't like it but I comply.

I don't have a problem keeping a distance from others. Reasonable distance is fine by me.

I DO have a problem with people that have their self inflicted fears take over them, to the point where both butt cheeks are so tight that farts can't get through.

C'mon. This isn't the black pest. It isn't the plague.

But thanks to our elected officials, thanks to the WHO, thanks to our health organizations, thanks to the Medias that capitalize on that fear for ratings, for many, this has now become a life or death scenario.

Which it is not.

2020, causing irrational fears near you. Enjoy.

I just hate it.

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
It is a state by state order here in the U.S.  I believe most of CA is locked down... STILL.  So, I'd say wearing a mask there is the law except for the governor and mayors, or course.

Where I live, masks are only mandatory in certain stores and we don't have to wear them outside. Walmart and Home Depot made them mandatory a couple of weeks ago, then just the other day they stepped back and said they "recommended" a mask, but would not enforce wearing one.  I think it only took one week of having empty parking lots to see that forcing masks on people was bad for their pocket book.

If people get tired of wearing a mask into a business, just boycott them, hit them where it hurts, and they will change the rules, or their business will fail.  Wonder which they will choose? 

By the way, I've read on the box of masks that they will not prevent a virus.  Imagine that!
(07-30-2020, 03:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: It is a state by state order here in the U.S.  I believe most of CA is locked down... STILL.  So, I'd say wearing a mask there is the law except for the governor and mayors, or course.

Where I live, masks are only mandatory in certain stores and we don't have to wear them outside. Walmart and Home Depot made them mandatory a couple of weeks ago, then just the other day they stepped back and said they "recommended" a mask, but would not enforce wearing one.  I think it only took one week of having empty parking lots to see that forcing masks on people was bad for their pocket book.

If people get tired of wearing a mask into a business, just boycott them, hit them where it hurts, and they will change the rules, or their business will fail.  Wonder which they will choose? 

By the way, I've read on the box of masks that they will not prevent a virus.  Imagine that!

You are extremely lucky that it hasn't been implemented.

Over here, Prime Minister Trudeau left it to the provinces to decide BUT Health Canada was strongly pushing it. And so our province decided to make it mandatory.

Here is what mandatory means:

You have to wear a mask on all public transports.

You have to wear a mask in any indoor public area. At a bar or a restaurant, you may take off your mask when you are sitting down. You may decide not to wear one outdoors as long as you keep the regulated distance in check.

Businesses transgressing the rule will get fined up to $6000. Customers who don't comply will not get fined.

So, imagine. Businesses HAVE to enforce the rule or they get heavily fined.

Public transports have already said "Fuck this, we're not putting our employees in a fighting zone because one user doesn't want to wear a mask." The government's response: call the cops if need be.

These policies have killed businesses like flies. My own business is very badly hurt by those measures, and if it gets worse this fall, we'll go under, THAT is a fact.

We cannot boycott anything. You don't want to wear a mask? You can't walk into any store, period. Store owners do not want to get heavily fined.

Rule yourselves is the policy. Turn your customers around if they don't comply - making YOU the bad guy, not the government..

Fights are breaking over this. Loyal customers are leaving over this. Some businesses have turned into little shops of horror, dictating rules, over this.

It's one big fucking mess.

2020 is like a bad nightmare that keeps on giving, day after day.

And I hate every fucking minute of it.

Just moved this thread to rants because the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get.
(07-30-2020, 04:42 PM)Sol Wrote: Just moved this thread to rants because the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get.

But if you move it to the rants, it won't be seen by the lurking public. 

Don't you think they should see how we all feel about the ridiculousness of all this?  It only takes one speaking out to get others on board.   :smallwink:
Yep masks are needed (not), after all this CCP virus has an 99.4% survival rate, you are in more danger of getting killed crossing the street. Most people dont know how to put them on or take them off safely. People dont know how often to change them, also the masks that give a large % of protection cost about 5€ each and must be changed often.
The real fun will start when the vaccines come out, the stamp on the forehead to prove you have had one or you will be cast out
UNCLEAN UNCLEAN
(07-30-2020, 06:07 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Yep masks are needed (not), after all this CCP virus has an 99.4% survival rate, you are in more danger of getting killed crossing the street. Most people dont know how to put them on or take them off safely. People dont know how often to change them, also the masks that give a large % of protection cost about 5€ each and must be changed often.
The real fun will start when the vaccines come out, the stamp on the forehead to prove you have had one or you will be cast out
UNCLEAN UNCLEAN

True!

People wear all sorts of masks, or these weird face coverings, do not wash them (if they're washable) and keep the throwaway ones for days. It gives a false sense of security.

I absolutely hate that we couldn't vote on this. Or discuss appropriate measures. It was just do as we say and that's it.

People pro & con all have groups on Facebook, denouncing or promoting them.

People are snitching people left, right and center, because it doesn't conform to their own sense of false safety.

It is a bad nightmare. Except, we aren't sleeping..
(07-30-2020, 04:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:42 PM)Sol Wrote: Just moved this thread to rants because the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get.

But if you move it to the rants, it won't be seen by the lurking public. 

Don't you think they should see how we all feel about the ridiculousness of all this?  It only takes one speaking out to get others on board.   :smallwink:

I agree. Back to rogue's opinion board it goes.
(07-30-2020, 07:43 PM)Sol Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 06:07 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Yep masks are needed (not), after all this CCP virus has an 99.4% survival rate, you are in more danger of getting killed crossing the street. Most people dont know how to put them on or take them off safely. People dont know how often to change them, also the masks that give a large % of protection cost about 5€ each and must be changed often.
UNCLEAN UNCLEAN

True!

People wear all sorts of masks, or these weird face coverings, do not wash them (if they're washable) and keep the throwaway ones for days. It gives a false sense of security.

I absolutely hate that we couldn't vote on this. Or discuss appropriate measures. It was just do as we say and that's it.

People are snitching people left, right and center, because it doesn't conform to their own sense of false safety.

A 'lady' made a big deal about it over here in Aus.  She was labelled a 'Karen".  Her video was on all the news channels.  Showed her visiting 'Bunnings' and asked to wear a mask or leave the store.  This went from the floor staff to the manager etc and eventually the 'wollopers' who visited her home.

She made another home video which was also posted explaining that she is of the thought that the whole Covid thing went a bit too far so she didn't reckon she needed a mask.  I think she ranted a bit too much and I shrugged my shoulders, looked at 'true love' and said, "Crikey, she's lost the plot."  Not because of her position but her smiling vocals pouring out too much emotion.

I'm of the understanding that she called the police about the 'bunnings' matter who later visited her.  Bit of a waste of resources if you ask me.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally
(07-30-2020, 08:08 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 07:43 PM)Sol Wrote:
UNCLEAN UNCLEAN

True!

A 'lady' made a big deal about it over here in Aus.  She was labelled a 'Karen".  Her video was on all the news channels.  Showed her visiting 'Bunnings' and asked to wear a mask or leave the store.  This went from the floor staff to the manager etc and eventually the 'wollopers' who visited her home.

She made another home video which was also posted explaining that she is of the thought that the whole Covid thing went a bit too far so she didn't reckon she needed a mask.  I think she ranted a bit too much and I shrugged my shoulders, looked at 'true love' and said, "Crikey, she's lost the plot."  Not because of her position but her smiling vocals pouring out too much emotion.

I'm of the understanding that she called the police about the 'bunnings' matter who later visited her.  Bit of a waste of resources if you ask me.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally

Over the last weekend, people went to the parliament to protest against wearing a mask.

Of course, the medias were there and here is what they did: They picked the most idiotic, uneducated morons out of the crowd for interviews.

When they released the footage, for the news, it looked like the crowd was just that; a bunch of idiots and morons.

Which, of course, isn't true. But for the majority of people watching the news, it was meh..a bunch of jokers at the parliament.

Media BIAS much? Absolutely.
Sane medical professionals seem to think it's productive regardless of what Gohmert may cipher up in his deluded mind. The numbers are getring worse daily in the United States. For goodness sake, cause and effect are in play. Let's just all get on board, do this thing and get back to our goddamned lives. I hate wearing the thing too but do it anyways. I'm a little bored with the folks that think they can walk onto someone's private property and do as they choose. If a Bakery doesn't have to bake a damned cake for a would be patron then companies surely have a right to have you wear a mask. No shirt no shoes, "no mask", no service. Let's just get this behind us, fercryingoutloud.
internet Agent Provocateur
(07-30-2020, 08:23 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: Let's just all get on board, do this thing and get back to our goddamned lives.

I absolutely agree with everything you've said. I do rant my heart out here but in the day to day life, I do wear the mask, wash my hands and keep a distance.

Hoping we will get back to our lives, like I took a quote out of everything you've said.

But to be honest, I doubt we will get back to our lives like it used to be.

Notice that there is a heck of a lot of people now mentioning a "new normal" ?

Why? Why push that agenda? Why even mention the possibility of a new normal?

Some people are even comparing those measures to when wearing a seat belt in your car became mandatory. Everyone hated it but now it's normal.

Talk about a comparison that doesn't compare!!

I'm sorry but I don't want any of this shit to be my new normal. Not.One.Bit.

Get done with this thing and give me my life back, is what I hope for.

But I have this weird gut feeling that it won't be that simple.

Again, this is my opinion and I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

:)
Yeah, masks suck. And we have a bunch of whiney tattletales around here. We were just starting to open up, the cases rose slightly and he closed bars for 2 weeks and restaurants at 25%.   We only have to were a mask while inside a store or place of business. 

But, it's ok for protesters not to wear them. LOL !
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-30-2020, 08:33 PM)Sol Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:23 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: Let's just all get on board, do this thing and get back to our goddamned lives.

I absolutely agree with everything you've said. I do rant my heart out here but in the day to day life, I do wear the mask, wash my hands and keep a distance.

Hoping we will get back to our lives, like I took a quote out of everything you've said.

Some people are even comparing those measures to when wearing a seat belt in your car became mandatory. Everyone hated it but now it's normal.

And I don't want to bury anyone I know or love over this horrible thing. Herman Cain died today from this monsterous disease )-: . He was at Trump's Tulsa rally wearing no mask and flaunting his "Civil Right" to do as he liked. What price will we pay to maintain the status quo? Life is full of changes. I don't know what's to come, but I don't believe the Medical profession garners an agenda of any sort. I am going to be a team player for the time being.
(07-30-2020, 08:34 PM)kdog Wrote: Yeah, masks suck. And we have a bunch of whiney tattletales around here. We were just starting to open up, the cases rose slightly and he closed bars for 2 weeks and restaurants at 25%.   We only have to were a mask while inside a store or place of business. 

Whataboutism won't protect you.
(07-30-2020, 08:34 PM)kdog Wrote: Yeah, masks suck. And we have a bunch of whiney tattletales around here. We were just starting to open up, the cases rose slightly and he closed bars for 2 weeks and restaurants at 25%.   We only have to were a mask while inside a store or place of business. 

Things that make you go hmmm, right?

Bars and restaurants are bleeding. No tourism and rules that make their businesses run at 50% of its capacity, AT BEST.

For most restaurants, you have to reserve because they have limited seating now. Most of them are living with the take-out and delivery orders as most people are afraid of going into closed areas.

Not fun.
(07-30-2020, 09:22 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:33 PM)Sol Wrote:

And I don't want to bury anyone I know or love over this horrible thing. Herman Cain died today from this monsterous disease  )-: . He was at Trump's Tulsa rally.wearing no mask and flaunting his "Civil Right" to do as he liked. What price will we pay to maintain the status quo? Life is full of changes  I don't know what's to come, but I don't believe the Medical profession garners an agenda of any sort. I am going to be a team player for the time being.

I like you and I respect you but I must disagree with you that the Medical profession has no agenda. The World Health Organization certainly seems to have one. And most Medical fields follow what the WHO recommends. Guilty by association. Just my opinion though. :)
(07-30-2020, 09:22 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: And I don't want to bury anyone I know or love over this horrible thing. Herman Cain died today from this monsterous disease  )-: . He was at Trump's Tulsa rally.wearing no mask and flaunting his "Civil Right" to do as he liked. What price will we pay to maintain the status quo? Life is full of changes  I don't know what's to come, but I don't believe the Medical profession garners an agenda of any sort. I am going to be a team player for the time being.

Herman Cain had stage 4 colon cancer.  Did he die from that, or Covid-19?  His body isn't even cold yet. Let's wait on the autopsy to find out what killed him. Although, I'm sure the hospital will call it death from Covid-19 so they'll rake in all the extra money, just like they do when people die from motorcycle accidents.

mediumfacepalm
(07-30-2020, 10:13 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 09:22 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: And I don't want to bury anyone I know or love over this horrible thing. Herman Cain died today from this monsterous disease  )-: . He was at Trump's Tulsa rally.wearing no mask and flaunting his "Civil Right" to do as he liked. What price will we pay to maintain the status quo? Life is full of changes  I don't know what's to come, but I don't believe the Medical profession garners an agenda of any sort. I am going to be a team player for the time being.

Herman Cain had stage 4 colon cancer.  Did he die from that, or Covid-19?  His body isn't even cold yet. Let's wait on the autopsy to find out what killed him. Although, I'm sure the hospital will call it death from Covid-19 so they'll rake in all the extra money, just like they do when people die from motorcycle accidents.

mediumfacepalm  

@"Mystic Wanderer"  Even after the Autopsy, they'll list him as a COVID 19 fatality for the Scare Tactics.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-30-2020, 03:12 PM)Sol Wrote: Is the mask mandatory where you live?

I'm asking because, you see, it IS mandatory where I live and the side effects are worth a discussion.

Well, yes, and no. it is mandatory, but I am exempt by Executive Order. I have to carry a copy of the EO with me when I sally forth, or the Mask Gestapo tries to give me hell.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’