Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some short LIVE music sets from BigG in lockdown
(04-17-2020, 09:03 PM)gordi Wrote: Yup,
"weans" is a derivation (or contraction) of the phrase "Wee yins" which just means "Small ones" in Scots.
We have another name for them "Bairns" which comes from the Norse AND is very similar to the Scandinavian word for children used today! (Maybe @"Wallfire"  or someone could confirm?)

Cheers, and THANKS for watching!!

G

That makes sense - some folks here pronounce the "uns" in "Young-uns" as "ins" - i.e. "young-ins", and this area was settled primarily by Scotsmen who came through the Ulster Plantations. "Yins" --> "ins" ---> "uns" over time I would guess. "My" Scotsmen were McElwaynes/McElwains/Mucklewaines from Ayrshire, and McCunes from God only knows where. All of 'em mean as rattlesnakes, but you pretty much had to be to settle here when it was wilderness.

They were rough from an early age. One of them, a Tunis Mucklewaine (as it reads on his headstone) was an "indian spy" at 14 years old - he wandered a more or less fixed route in the wilderness scouting for signs of Indian incursions in and around Tygart's Valley in what is now West Virginia to give the settlers there early warning so they could "fort up" in the even of hostilities.

You're welcome for the viewing - I also shared it on FB for my friends on this side of the pond to enjoy! I eventually got to it on Facbook by taking a circuitous route so I could share it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I did another live set last night:

Cheers,
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(05-02-2020, 03:36 PM)gordi Wrote: I did another live set last night:

Cheers,
G

That was great @Gordi.   minusculeclap 

It has always been a curious thing to me that people who have accents always sound "American" when they sing.
I'm wondering why that is?   minusculethinking
(05-02-2020, 04:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: That was great @Gordi.   minusculeclap 

It has always been a curious thing to me that people who have accents always sound "American" when they sing.
I'm wondering why that is?   minusculethinking

Thanks Mystic!

Actually... I have no idea!
I think it sounds a bit weird if I sing non-native Scots songs in a broad Scots accent.
I do sometimes sing Scottish stuff with my accent to emphasise the Scottishness (is that a word) but I don't deliberately use an American accent... it just sort of happens?
I think maybe we just hear the vast majority of songs sung in that way and it kind of sounds... right?

Good question though!
Gx
Absolutely fantastic and fully enjoyable!
(What's a 'G-spot'?)
tinysurprised
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-02-2020, 09:40 PM)BIAD Wrote: Absolutely fantastic and fully enjoyable!
(What's a 'G-spot'?)
tinysurprised

:mediumlover:  GiantThumbsUp
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(05-02-2020, 03:36 PM)gordi Wrote: I did another live set last night:

Cheers,
G

Thank You @"gordi"   smallawesome minusculeclap
(05-02-2020, 09:40 PM)BIAD Wrote: Absolutely fantastic and fully enjoyable!
(What's a 'G-spot'?)
tinysurprised

Now THAT made me giggle!!!

(*Turn on your Private Browsing and google it!!! LOL)

G (uhm, not.. spot... erm... Oh LOOK! A SQUIRREL!!)
(05-03-2020, 10:36 AM)gordi Wrote: Now THAT made me giggle!!!

(*Turn on your Private Browsing and google it!!! LOL)

I was in a bit of an hurry due to the rain and some boxes I needed storing in BIAD's shed, but I think
I understand what a 'G-spot' is.

Named after German gynecologist Ernst Gräfenberg -and remember, this is an assumption mixed with
meagre Googled information, I believe the G-spot is this medical person's parking space at his hospital.
tinybiggrin

Here's one.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=7574]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-03-2020, 03:34 PM)BIAD Wrote: I was in a bit of an hurry due to the rain and some boxes I needed storing in BIAD's shed, but I think
I understand what a 'G-spot' is.

Named after German gynecologist Ernst Gräfenberg -and remember, this is an assumption mixed with
meagre Googled information, I believe the G-spot is this medical person's parking space at his hospital.
tinybiggrin

Here's one.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=7574]

yay! @"BIAD" - You found it!
Now remember... with great power comes great responsibility...

Once the ladies find out that you know how to find the G-Spot, they'll be flocking like starlings in murmuration! (Although I actually prefer the Scots word for Starlings which is..... Stuckies!)
You might need to stock up on pepper spray or an ugly-stick?

G
(05-04-2020, 08:23 AM)gordi Wrote: yay! @"BIAD" - You found it!
Now remember... with great power comes great responsibility...

Once the ladies find out that you know how to find the G-Spot, they'll be flocking like starlings in murmuration! (Although I actually prefer the Scots word for Starlings which is..... Stuckies!)
You might need to stock up on pepper spray or an ugly-stick?

G

Thank you, not only have I written a description of such a facility for future reference, Boy In A  Dress is pondering
whether to stand beside my driveway, offer leering looks towards female passers-by, whilst playing your melodies in
the background.
Surely a recipe for the success!

Starlings, the old name around here was 'mountin' splash-farts', which I believe is the correct pronunciation.
I don't think it was 'mountain' as it's a poor relevance to a Starling who prefers close-company to urban areas.

No, I think it's to do with their roosting habits when they perch in a particular copse or tree and then spend
the evening communicating with one-another and shitting all over the branches. A habit that some trees
struggle with.
It stinks as well.
tinywondering
Good News.... I think!! LOL

I've linked all of the separate videos into one YT "Playlist" so that it's just the one link to click!

I think it works ok, so I'll add it here..

LINK to Gordis LIVE FB Sets on YT

I'll add it to the OP too, so it's easier to find.

G
I've added the latest Live music sets (from last night) to the playlist...
Sorry about the LOUD shirt!! ROFL

LINKY

G
minusculebeercheers
We has a Youtube Star among us,,,, GREAT!  minusculehail @"gordi"
My latest LIVE music sets from tonight on FB are UP!

Enjoy!
...or throw tomatoes etc....
(You may need sunglasses to counter the effects of my "Friday Shirt" LOL!!!)

Gx
@"gordi" 
Just  smallawesome Thank You  minusculeclap

Of Course I still have a hard time understanding you,,,,,, tinybiggrin Not YOUR fault, but I do enjoy YOU and your Music.  minusculebeercheers
(05-22-2020, 10:49 PM)guohua Wrote: @"gordi" 

Of Course I still have a hard time understanding you,,,,,, tinybiggrin Not YOUR fault, but I do enjoy YOU and your Music.  minusculebeercheers

Thanks MrsG!
I can only apologise for the heavy accent!
Most of my audience are local, and I forget sometimes that ANYBODY would be interested in hearing this stuff, let along my dear friends from half way around the world!!!
Thank you for listening and for your lovely comments!
Gxx

PS - I've just noticed that nearly 300 people have watched my latest stream...????? WTAF??
Three HUNDRED people have took time to watch my wee music set???? OMFG!!! Unbelievable!
G
(05-22-2020, 11:43 PM)gordi Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 10:49 PM)guohua Wrote: @"gordi" 

Thanks MrsG!
I can only apologise for the heavy accent!
Most of my audience are local, and I forget sometimes that ANYBODY would be interested in hearing this stuff, let along my dear friends from half way around the world!!!
Thank you for listening and for your lovely comments!
Gxx

PS - I've just noticed that nearly 300 people have watched my latest stream...????? WTAF??
Three HUNDRED people have took time to watch my wee music set???? OMFG!!! Unbelievable!
G

My Dear Friend, you do not need to Apologize, you couldn't understand me, my husband is the one who calls Sol (marc) when we need answers or help, because he could not understand me I do not think.

You keep doing what makes YOU Happy.  minusculebeercheers
In this time of doom and madness our Gordi is a true light of hope and joy. Thank you, you Scottish bastard  minusculebeercheers we are all proud of you
"Virtual" MoFest happened this weekend and BigG was there to contribute!! LOL

Enjoy!
G