Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kamala Harris Drops out of the presidential race
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-...ntial-race
Quote:Sen. Kamala Harris will drop out of 2020 race
Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris informs her staff that she is suspending her campaign; Peter Doocy reports.
California Sen. Kamala Harris on Tuesday announced that she is withdrawing from the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, after failing to capitalize on early enthusiasm for her campaign and watching her poll numbers collapse.
"In good faith, I can’t tell you, my supporters and volunteers, that I have a path forward if I don’t believe I do," Harris wrote in an email to supporters. "So, to you my supporters, it is with deep regret -- but also with deep gratitude -- that I am suspending my campaign today."
An aide said Harris informed staff Tuesday she is ending her White House bid.

HARRIS' AIDES BELIEVE GABBARD ATTACKS ACCELERATED 2020 WOES
Harris entered the race in January as a top contender and had a breakout moment in the first debate thanks to a memorable clash with then-frontrunner Joe Biden over his record on desegregation busing.
But she's struggled to shine through in subsequent debates and has seen her poll numbers plunge in recent months. In November, Harris dramatically cut her staff in New Hampshire, the state that holds the first primary in the race for the White House, to focus on Iowa.
The Harris campaign was also hemorrhaging money, spending more than what was coming in, amid tough media coverage about the campaign's struggles. She becomes one of the biggest candidates yet to drop out of the crowded 2020 primary field, two months before the lead-off Iowa caucuses. Her exit follows the withdrawal of former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, another Democrat who entered the race to great fanfare but later struggled.
Campaigning in Iowa on Tuesday, Biden said of Harris, "I have mixed emotions about it because she is really a solid, solid person. And loaded with talent."
As word spread of her dropping out on Tuesday, Harris' husband, Douglas Emhoff, tweeted, "I've got you. As always."

Harris launched her campaign in front of 20,000 people at a chilly, outdoor event in January. The first woman and first black attorney general and U.S. senator in California's history, she was widely viewed as a candidate poised to excite the same segment of voters that sent Barack Obama to the White House.
Bye Kamala!  {{Waves}}

minusculemooning 

Who will be next?
buh-bye, Horizontal Harris! Don't let the door bump your ass on your way out...

Maybe you and Bobby O'Rourke can start a support group in a Safe Space, out of sight of any of those mean old Black Rifles!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

A question, does this sound like it written by a person who understands English ?? For me it sounds more like a google translate, so a little help please from our English speaking members, and I suppose the Americans as well (:

"In good faith, I can’t tell you, my supporters and volunteers, that I have a path forward if I don’t believe I do," Harris wrote in an email to supporters. "So, to you my supporters, it is with deep regret -- but also with deep gratitude -- that I am suspending my campaign today."
(12-04-2019, 08:41 AM)Wallfire Wrote: A question, does this sound like it written by a person who understands English ?? For me it sounds more like a google translate, so a little help please from our English speaking members, and I suppose the Americans as well (:

It's English, of the American Politician variety. They sometimes tend to try to get too flowery in their speech, and it comes out as halting, awkward, and stilted. It's just the way some of our politicians talk. I'm not too sure that it counts as actual "communication", however. Most politicians just try to say stuff without actually saying it.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’