Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Branch Of Humans Discovered.
As the queue for Homo-recognition slowly dwindles and Bigfoot rechecks his ticket number, some more
relatives are found.

Quote:Bones found in Philippines cave reveal new human species.

Experts say the find makes our understanding of human evolution in Asia "messier, more complicated
and a lot more interesting.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5594]

'Fossil bones and teeth of a previously unknown human species that lived more than 50,000 years ago have
been found in the Philippines. Scientists say they were around at the same time our own species was spreading
from Africa to occupy the rest of the world.

Several feet and hand bones, a partial thigh bone, and teeth from at least three individuals were unearthed in Callao
Cave on Luzon, the largest island in the Asian archipelago, in 2007, 2011 and 2015.
The new species has been dubbed Homo luzonensis.

In a study published by the journal Nature, scientists said tests on two samples showed minimum ages of 50,000 years
and 67,000 years. Although Homo sapiens are the only surviving member of our branch of the evolutionary tree, we have
not been alone for most of our existence.

And according to Matthew Tocheri of Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario the find makes our understanding of
human evolution in Asia "messier, more complicated and whole lot more interesting". The main exodus of our own species
from Africa that all of today's non-African people are descended from happened about 60,000 years ago.

After analysing the bones from Luzon, the study authors concluded they belonged to a previously unknown member of our
"Homo" branch of the family tree. Researchers said one of the toe bones and the overall pattern of tooth shapes and sizes
differ from what has been seen before in the Homo family.

One of the study's authors, Florent Detroit of the National Museum of Natural History in Paris, said the Homo luzonensis
used stone tools and its small teeth suggest it might have been small-bodied. He said Homo luzonensis lived in eastern Asia
at around the same time as not only our species but other members of the Homo branch, including Neanderthals, their
little-understood Siberian cousins the Denisovans, and the "hobbits" of the island of Flores in Indonesia.

Mr Detroit said our species is not known to have reached the Philippines until thousands of years after the age of the bones
but some human relative was on Luzon more than 700,000 years ago, as the presence of stone tools and a butchered rhino
dating to that time indicate.

He said it was not clear how Homo luzonensis is related to other species of Homo but he speculated that it might have
descended from an earlier human relative, Homo erectus, that somehow crossed the sea to Luzon.
Homo erectus is generally considered the first Homo species to have expanded beyond Africa.

Michael Petraglia of the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History in Jena, Germany, said the Luzon find "shows
we still know very little about human evolution, particularly in Asia" but he added that future similar discoveries will probably
emerge with further work in the region...'
SKY News:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
That's pretty interesting news right there.   minusculethumbsup 

Wonder if BIAD recognizes any of them?   tinysurprised
The science of who we were and are now, continues.
If they find a cave-painting of someone with big norks and a red dress, then I guess there'll be a phone call
coming.
tinywondering

Quote:Scientists find evidence for mysterious ‘ghost population’ that rewrites human history

The “ghost population” -a group of ancient humans thought to have lived in Africa about half a million years ago
-had their genes found by scientists in modern-day humans. Traces of the unknown ancestor emerged when
researchers analysed genomes from west African populations and found up to a fifth of their DNA appeared
to have come from missing relatives.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7171]
Look kids... no cell-phone.

'Published in the journal Science Advances, geneticists explain how they think the ancestors of modern west Africans
interbred with the hitherto undiscovered archaic humans tens of thousands of years ago.
If this is true, it would prove to be similar to the mating of ancient Europeans with Neanderthals.

Sriram Sankararaman, a computational biologist who led the research at the University of California in Los Angeles,
revealed the extent of the unknown DNA. He said: “In the west Africans we looked at, all have ancestry from this
unknown archaic population.”

The world was once home to many related species and subspecies of human. When these different species crossed
paths they would sometimes mate. As a result, many modern Europeans carry a smattering of Neanderthal genes.

Meanwhile, indigenous Australians, Polynesians and Melanesians carry genes from Denisovans, another group of
archaic humans.The Denisovans are now extinct, yet once called home an area spanning Asia during the Lower and
Middle Palaeolithic period.

It is debated whether Denisovans represent a distinct species of Homo or are an archaic subspecies of Homo Sapiens,
though they may have interbred with modern humans as recently as 15,000 years in New Guinea.
Previous studies have hinted that other ancient humans once roamed Africa -yet, without any fossils or DNA to back the
claims, researchers have struggled to learn any more than the hearsay allows.

Using statistical techniques to figure out whether an influx of genes from interbreeding was likely to have happened in the
past, researcher Arun Durvasula and Mr Sankararaman obtained 405 genomes from four west African populations.
The analysis suggested that it had in every case.

The scientists then went on to scour the African genomes for chunks of DNA that looked different to modern human genes.
This allowed them to pull out sequences that most probably came from an ancient relative.
Then, by comparing these with genes from Neanderthals and Denisovans, the scientists concluded that the DNA had come
from an unknown group of archaic humans.

Mr Sankararaman said: “They seem to have made a pretty substantial impact on the genomes of the present day individuals
we studied -they account for 2 percent to 19 percent of their genetic ancestry.”
Of the four populations studied, two came from Nigeria, and one each from Sierra Leone and the Gambia.

Despite the findings being far from definitive, the scientist’s best estimates suggest the “ghost population” split from the
ancestors of Neanderthals and modern humans between 360,000 and one million years ago.
A group of perhaps 20,000 individuals then bred with the ancestors of modern west Africa at some point in the past 124,000
years.

Some other explanations are possible, according to Mr Sankararaman, for example, there may have been multiple waves of
mating over many thousands of years -or even a number of yet-to-be-discovered populations of archaic human relatives.
He said: “It’s very likely that the true picture is much more complicated.”...'
The Express:

A Fifth of their DNA came from Missing Relatives?? tinybighuh

Was this Annunaki DNA, Draco (Lizard people) DNA?

Would they tell us the Truth?  tinysure
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-16-2020, 03:58 PM)guohua Wrote: A Fifth of their DNA came from Missing Relatives?? tinybighuh

Yes... apparently there was someone out there waiting with a better Discotheque and a Zippo-lighter!
But it's best to not suggest who these... no.... NO, don't say it!!

Quote:Was this Annunaki DNA, Draco (Lizard people) DNA?

You went and said it.  tinysure

Quote:Would they tell us the Truth?   tinysure

I think so. Anyway, the television will tell us.  tinywhat tinylaughing
I used to work with someone who looked just like a Neanderthal.  I always wondered if he descended from that tribe.

This was years ago, and he was pretty old then; I bet he's gone now. I'd love to get some of his DNA to test. tinysurprised
(02-16-2020, 05:01 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I used to work with someone who looked just like a Neanderthal.  I always wondered if he descended from that tribe.

This was years ago, and he was pretty old then; I bet he's gone now. I'd love to get some of his DNA to test. tinysurprised

I went to school with an older kid who was the pot-model of a Neanderthal...! In fact, in a long tale of how
I visited a Pentecostal church in order to be taught how to play the guitar, I actually saw this same caveman
-looking young man stand up and begin to speak 'in foreign tongue'!!!

The guy who tricked my friends and I into going to the church cajoled us into one of their prayer-meetings
and guess what... I never learned to play the guitar!
tinysure 

But he did look like a stereotypical Neanderthal!
(02-16-2020, 04:30 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 03:58 PM)guohua Wrote: A Fifth of their DNA came from Missing Relatives?? tinybighuh

Yes... apparently there was someone out there waiting with a better Discotheque and a Zippo-lighter!
But it's best to not suggest who these... no.... NO, don't say it!!

Quote:Was this Annunaki DNA, Draco (Lizard people) DNA?

You went and said it.  tinysure

Quote:Would they tell us the Truth?   tinysure

I think so. Anyway, the television will tell us.  tinywhat tinylaughing

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Okay,,,,,,,,,,,
[Image: giphy.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I dont know if this is another version of the same story

Quote:'Ghost population' of ancient humans may have mated with ancestors of modern humans

Ryan W. Miller  USA TODAY
Published 3:44 PM EST Feb 13, 2020

Ancestors of people living in what is today West Africa may have reproduced with a species of ancient humans unknown to scientists, new research suggests.
Scientists know Europeans mated with Neanderthals and people in Oceania with Denisovans, but a new study published Wednesday in the peer-reviewed journal Science Advances found that genetic variation within West African populations is best explained by the presence of a new ancient human species altogether.
With difficulties in obtaining a full fossil records and ancient DNA, scientists' understanding of the genetic diversity within West African populations has been poor. To get a fuller picture, researchers at University of California, Los Angeles compared 405 genomes of West Africans with Neanderthal and Denisovan genomes.
Sriram Sankararaman, one of the study's authors, told NPR that the researchers used statistical modeling to figure out which parts of the DNA they were analyzing did not come from modern humans, then compare those to the two ancient hominin species. What they found is the presence of DNA from "an archaic ghost population" in modern West African populations' genetic ancestry.
"We don't have a clear identity for this archaic group," Sankararaman told NPR. "That's why we use the term 'ghost.' It doesn't seem to be particularly closely related to the groups from which we have genome sequences from."
Sankararaman and co-author Arun Durvasula found this introgression, or sharing of genetic information between two species, between the "ghost population" and ancestors of West Africans may have occurred within the last 124,000 years. The "ghost population" likely split from humans and Neanderthals into a new species between 360,000 to 1.02 million years ago, the study says.
The study also says the breeding may have occurred over an extended period of time, rather than all at once.
"It's very likely that the true picture is much more complicated," Sankararaman told the Guardian.
John Hawks, an anthropologist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, told the newspaper that studies like this one, "Open a window showing us that there is much more than we thought to learn about our ancestors."
"Actually knowing who those ancestors were, how they interacted, and where they existed is going to take fieldwork to find their fossil and archaeological remains," he told the Guardian. Hawks was not involved in the study.
This interbreeding may also have a great impact on the genetic makeup of modern populations: Anywhere from 2% to 19% of their genetic ancestry could be derived from the "ghost population."
However, whether that affects modern day people will require further research, Sankararaman says.
"Are they just randomly floating in our genomes? Do they have any kind of adaptive benefits? Do they have deleterious consequences?" he told NPR.
source
(02-16-2020, 05:01 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I used to work with someone who looked just like a Neanderthal.  I always wondered if he descended from that tribe.

Eeeewwww!!!!! No, hang on....

tinylaughing
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
I'm a bit confused....

If a "Ghost Population" mated with "the ancestors of modern humans" and their DNA is still present in modern humans.... then aren't THEY TOO "the ancestors of modern humans"??

I mean, your great great great great grannie is still your great great great great grannie whether she's from a different race or not, isn't she??

We are a "melting pot" of ALL of our ancestors, no? (Even the lizard ones...!)

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(02-17-2020, 11:59 AM)gordi Wrote: I'm a bit confused....

If a "Ghost Population" mated with "the ancestors of modern humans" and their DNA is still present in
modern humans.... then aren't THEY TOO "the ancestors of modern humans"??

I would think so, we're not talking about a lot of years in terms of the age of the planet, but one of the
problems we have is our perception of anthropology as a science, yet the reality is it's open to interpretation.

The 'Clovis' debate (believed to have been mammoth hunters, likely arrived via the Bering land bridge that
once linked Asia and Alaska) is still being held onto in regards of the Americas, but there's evidence that
humans were inhabiting that continent long before the unshaven spear-throwers got there.

Who they were is still in debate and it hints that humans were all over the place and in different times, but this
damages an accepted theory. So it comes down to rationalising with the limited evidence we have and since the
Australopithecus anamensis recently found in Ethiopia cranks our lineage back to 3.8 million years (beating Lucy
of 3.2 million age), the space between apes and man becomes more cloudy!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7175]
Australopithecus anamensis.

So who's to say when tribes of similar upright apes split-up and decided to comb their hair differently...?
Let's be candid, where they originated is only based on where the fragments are discovered! It's a jigsaw that
will possibly show us a description of ourselves as a species that we never guessed at and maybe not want to
know.

As you say, we are a 'melting pot' of ancestors and I find it ironic that we're currently live in a society that likes
to throw insults around of race and gender, when the only concerns the poor chap above would've had was
whether he was going to be alive the next morning!

We all came from somewhere and in a small amount of time, we're told that we evolved into the only creature
that can destroy the planet it lives on. Quite a title to be proud of...I don't think. The 'Ghost' ancestors might
show us that we were capable of much more and the real way of interacting as a species.

Of course, grab yourself a Bigfoot body and all of it goes out of the  window!
minusculethumbsup

I've been informally studying prehistoric people and DNA for a very long time now, and believe this sort of acts as confirmation for a theory I've had for several years.

Modern science says that modern humans originated in Africa, and dispersed throughout the world from there around 60,000 years ago, and I believe that to be bunk. The only reason so many academics are jumping on that particular bandwagon is because of the political correctness associated with all of humanity emerging from Africa. Like climate "science", paleo-anthropology has been infected by politics. It seems clear to me that modern humans originated somewhere in Central Asia or the Middle East around 240,000 to 280,000 years ago, and went in all directions from there instead of "out of Africa". They were already fairly well spread (they were already in Australia, for instance) before or at least by the time they are supposed to have started trickling out of Africa.

All modern non-Africans carry some amount of Neanderthal DNA, but none of it is found in Africa. Africans, in contrast, all carry DNA from "ghost populations" that is only found in Africans, meaning they must have interbred there after modern humans arrived in Africa via the Middle East, and that "ghost population" DNA is not found in non-African populations.

The only thing the two have in common are their "modern human" DNA, and both are hybrids between Modern Humans and separate varieties of archaic peoples. That indicates to me that Modern Humans could not have originated in either Africa or Eurasia, and must instead have originated somewhere between the two. That leaves only Central Asia or the Middle East as potential points of origin for a dispersal in both directions for the subsequent admixture with "not quite humans" that we carry in our DNA to this day.

I've thought this for quite a while now, and point to the Dmanisi (Georgia) people as potential precursors of modern humans rather than any relict African populations.

We are ALL hybrids between humans and not-quite-humans, but different types of not-quite-humans. That would make at least Africans and Non-Africans different races in actuality, despite the fact that modern Anthropology says emphatically that there is no such thing as race among humans. I think the evidence clearly points otherwise, despite the politically correct and politically infected stance of current "science".

I myself am a hybridized mongrel. Most of my DNA is European, but it also contains Central Asian, South Asian, American Indian, and - surprise! - West African (DNA indications point to Nigeria). I have more Neanderthal DNA than 75% of living people. The only people I know with more Neanderthal DNA are my son and Grace. Now, with this discovery, and considering the Nigerian DNA I carry, there is a good chance that I also carry some of the DNA from this (or these) "ghost population(s)" from Africa as well. Grace has no African DNA, and none of mine got passed on to any of the kids, so that DNA dies with me.

Around 0.1% of my DNA is unidentifiable with current technology. maybe that's the Annunaki part.

P.S. - according to the story, West Africans carry between 1/50th and 1/5th of their DNA from these ghost populations. Those are the extremes - none had less than 1/50th, none had more than 1/5th. The average in those populations is somewhere between those two extremes. Not all of them are 1/5 "other hominid". In contrast, non-Africans carry between 1/100th and 1/25th or so Neanderthal DNA. Melanesians are up to 1/16th Denisovan.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-17-2020, 11:59 AM)gordi Wrote: I'm a bit confused....

If a "Ghost Population" mated with "the ancestors of modern humans" and their DNA is still present in modern humans.... then aren't THEY TOO "the ancestors of modern humans"??

I mean, your great great great great grannie is still your great great great great grannie whether she's from a different race or not, isn't she??

We are a "melting pot" of ALL of our ancestors, no? (Even the lizard ones...!)

G

Technically speaking, according to modern archaeology everything going back to Dryopithecus (and beyond, I suppose, to a single celled organism in the oceans of 3.8 Billion years ago) are "ancestors of modern humans". I believe they worded it that way to differentiate between "modern humans", which no modern humans apparently are a pure version of - so tecnically "modern humans" are an extinct species - and these other hominid species.

Think about that a moment. According to current science, no modern humans still survive to the present, MODERN, day... or else, if they do, then so do Neanderthals, Denisovans, and these unidentified "ghost species". 

Modern humans exist only as ancestral to... modern humans, but do not themselves still survive! And with are Neanderthals, Denisovans, and "ghost species" of humans.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-17-2020, 12:30 PM)BIAD Wrote: The 'Clovis' debate (believed to have been mammoth hunters, likely arrived via the Bering land bridge that
once linked Asia and Alaska) is still being held onto in regards of the Americas, but there's evidence that
humans were inhabiting that continent long before the unshaven spear-throwers got there.

Clovis yet lives. My DNA was compared to Clovis DNA (the Anzick Child from a burial in Montana), and I'm related to Clovis. But you are correct - there were already people here when Clovis arrived. Clovis is only about 12,000 years old, but there were people here in Virginia at Cactus Hill 17,000 years ago, at Meadowcroft Pennsylvania 19,000 years ago, and there are remains of a mastodon hunt just across the mountain in Saltville, Virginia from between 14,500 and 15,000 years ago. All long before Clovis. A picture of a Columbian mammoth was found engraved on a bone in Florida some years ago, but I'm not sure how old it was determined to be... but it's a Columbian mammoth, and so has to be pretty old!

In South America, there is a camp site in Argentina claimed to be between 30,000 and 35,000 years old, and north of the Amazon River in Brazil there is a rock shelter that it is claimed people related to Australian Aborigines lived at between 30,000 and 40,000 years ago. They would have had to have been in the Americas for quite some time before that in order to have filtered all the way down to South America. That's a long walk from here, y'know?

Quote:So who's to say when tribes of similar upright apes split-up and decided to comb their hair differently...?

I part mine right down the middle of my back...

Quote:Of course, grab yourself a Bigfoot body and all of it goes out of the  window!
minusculethumbsup

What would you trade for one?

(02-18-2020, 05:46 AM)Ninurta Wrote: In South America, there is a camp site in Argentina claimed to be between 30,000 and 35,000 years old, and north of the Amazon River in Brazil there is a rock shelter that it is claimed people related to Australian Aborigines lived at between 30,000 and 40,000 years ago. They would have had to have been in the Americas for quite some time before that in order to have filtered all the way down to South America. That's a long walk from here, y'know?
It is a bit of a hike!
The ever-faithful -but not always accurate, Wikipedia states the Neanderthals called it a day around 40,000 years-ago
after failing to adapt to... new parasites from homo-sapiens, new technology, having a poorer gait and the overthrow
via inter-breeding.

These shambling brutes of Europe, because that's where the some sparse remains have been found (apparently
Neanderthals weren't one for vacationing in warmer climes?), struggled to compete with the ever-go-lucky new boys
on the block and hence, died out under all the theories of cleverer men than you and I.
tinywondering
(By the way, I totally agree with your statement that paleo-anthropology has been infected by politics.)

So since all that was going on and Quantas hadn't been invented, how did these Australian Aborigines take time out
of shaking their heads at the Upper Paleolithic bullying and playing with boomerangs, and visit South America in order
to erect rock shelters?
Was Epstein's private-jet around even back then?
tinysurprised
I dare say that It seems these fur-wearing Flintsone-like peoples aren't playing to the rules, it seems that they didn't get
the memo regarding modern-day lore of cavemen. Unless, the reality is... nah, I never went to university, so what do I
know.
tinysure
No, let's just put it down to these folk -north of the Amazon River in Brazil, are just not educated enough to realise that
the ability to travel vast distances belongs to modern-man and leave it at that. Gaawd... stop ruining the narrative.
tinysure

Quote:What would you trade for one? [Bigfoot carcass]

I have no idea and don't wish to know what's buried in those mounds on your property.
tinyhuh
(02-18-2020, 10:41 AM)BIAD Wrote: It is a bit of a hike!
The ever-faithful -but not always accurate, Wikipedia states the Neanderthals called it a day around 40,000 years-ago
after failing to adapt to... new parasites from homo-sapiens, new technology, having a poorer gait and the overthrow
via inter-breeding.

These shambling brutes of Europe, because that's where the some sparse remains have been found (apparently
Neanderthals weren't one for vacationing in warmer climes?), struggled to compete with the ever-go-lucky new boys
on the block and hence, died out under all the theories of cleverer men than you and I.
tinywondering
(By the way, I totally agree with your statement that paleo-anthropology has been infected by politics.)

That 40,000 years ago figure for the Neanderthal demise is one of those "adjustments" that have recently been made to bring paleoanthropology into the political fold. It had to be changed to fit into the new narrative, and someone waved a wand and presto-chango! the change was made. Neanderthals actually "died out" (excepting their surviving genes in New Man) between 24,000 and 28,000 years ago. However, such a recent date for their demise does not underscore the danger and violence inherent in New Man or Orange Man (take your pick - they seem to be one and the same very dangerous thing) if we allowed them to survive and peacefully co-existed with them (VERY peacefully - we exchanged genetic material, and there is only one way THAT happens!) for a whole 17,000 to 21,000 years after we arrived in Europe 45,000 years ago (from Africa, of course - El Al apparently had flights even back then. Someone had to cover for Quantas' shortcomings!)

Quote:So since all that was going on and Quantas hadn't been invented, how did these Australian Aborigines take time out
of shaking their heads at the Upper Paleolithic bullying and playing with boomerangs, and visit South America in order
to erect rock shelters?
Was Epstein's private-jet around even back then?
tinysurprised

I think it is likely that Australian Aborigines may represent the closest we currently have to "original" Modern Human, that they likely originated in Central or South Asia, and migrated outward from there - including to the Americas. They retained most of their original character only in Australia because of their isolation there. Everywhere else, they interbred with local variants of Modern Human, and that original character changed over time into what we have today. I will note here that before they arrived in Australia, they also interbred with Neanderthals and Denisovans both, which is likely to have changed them a bit from what originally was. Other local variants developed in Europe, Asia, and possibly Africa, changing those populations a bit further from the originals, along with their interbreeding with more "primitive" varieties of human which survived a little longer in those areas, changing them even further into the variants we have today.

Quote:I dare say that It seems these fur-wearing Flintsone-like peoples aren't playing to the rules, it seems that they didn't get
the memo regarding modern-day lore of cavemen. Unless, the reality is... nah, I never went to university, so what do I
know.
tinysure
No, let's just put it down to these folk -north of the Amazon River in Brazil, are just not educated enough to realise that
the ability to travel vast distances belongs to modern-man and leave it at that. Gaawd... stop ruining the narrative.
tinysure

I'm told that because of the physics of wing area vs. body mass, bumble bees cannot actually fly. However, no one has told bumble bees that, and so they fly along blissfully unaware of their limitations. Perhaps no one told the Aborigines that they can't get here from there, and so they did anyhow, on their own terms blissfully unaware of the limitations we place upon them?

Quote:
Quote:What would you trade for one? [Bigfoot carcass]

I have no idea and don't wish to know what's buried in those mounds on your property.
tinyhuh

Well, ya can't just leave them laying around, y'know? It might scare the children!

(02-18-2020, 09:40 PM)Ninurta Wrote: That 40,000 years ago figure for the Neanderthal demise is one of those "adjustments" that have recently
been made to bring paleoanthropology into the political fold. It had to be changed to fit into the new narrative,
and someone waved a wand and presto-chango! the change was made...
I don't mind if adjustments are made during learning where we came from, it's just the damned righteous and
definitive manner science does it. Thousands of people state they see a tall hairy biped in the 'New World' and
same scientists say "Nah...it's not my list", so you're a lair".

That's what pisses me off, the 'I've-got-letters-after-my-name' attitude and the rules are my rules.
tinysure
(02-18-2020, 09:59 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:40 PM)Ninurta Wrote: That 40,000 years ago figure for the Neanderthal demise is one of those "adjustments" that have recently
been made to bring paleoanthropology into the political fold. It had to be changed to fit into the new narrative,
and someone waved a wand and presto-chango! the change was made...
I don't mind if adjustments are made during learning where we came from, it's just the damned righteous and
definitive manner science does it. Thousands of people state they see a tall hairy biped in the 'New World' and
same scientists say "Nah...it's not my list", so you're a lair".

That's what pisses me off, the 'I've-got-letters-after-my-name' attitude and the rules are my rules.
tinysure

I made the following addition to my post above before I read this, and so am moving it to this post instead:

Alternate "human species" have survived longer than expected in various corners of the world. On Flores, the Indonesian "Hobbit" survived until about 11,000 years ago. Some believe it to be a relict Homo Erectus modified by island dwarfism to be a more diminutive species. Recent research points out, however, that the Hobbit foot is more Australopithecine than Homo Erectus, so the jury is still out. An alternate species of human survived in the Phillipines until at least 17,000 years ago. Myra Shackley believes that the Almas or Almasty variant of "bigfoot" in the Caucasus is a relict population of Neanderthal that survied until the modern day, or at least until very recently. She also believes that Neanderthals survived in the Altai, on the edge of the Gobi Desert, until now or recently. The Indonesian Hobbit of Flores may explain the Orang Pendek reports from Southease Asia if it survived beyond 11,000 years ago.

There are stranger things in heaven and Earth than may be dreamt of in our philosophies...

There are those who believe that the America Bigfoot may be a surviving population of the Chinese Gigantopithecus, and of course if such could make it to America, there is nothing to prevent it from also spreading in Eurasia, as there is no land-bridge to have to negotiate in that direction! I think that the various reports of hairy "people" may in fact be ancient survivals that no one has actually quantified yet because, well, they just don't believe in them, and therefore see no need to quantify 'em!

Myra Shackley wrote a book on the subject some time ago that had a name similar to "Still Living?" I'll have to look it up and change it as necessary in this post.

ETA: Ms. Shackley's book is titled "Still Living?: Yeti, Sasquatch and the Neanderthal Enigma"

Her Wkipage 

A blog about her

An article on Yeti vs. relict survivals

(02-18-2020, 10:06 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...Alternate "human species" have survived longer than expected in various corners of the world...

There are stranger things in heaven and Earth than may be dreamt of in our philosophies...

Oh I agree.

I've been trying to find a strange account that occurred a couple of years ago in the area just east of
York and towards the North Sea coast of England.
The whole area is just fields, farmhouses and small villages.

Apparently, a woman was sitting in the passenger seat of her husband's car when -as they neared a
roundabout, she looked to her left and witnessed two beings that she described as Neanderthals!

Staring out of a clump of bushes and trees near one of those villages with quaint weird names, these
two males -that the woman believed were father and son, seemed to be waiting for the road to clear
of vehicles before moving off.

Scanning the fuzzy-faced, gawping 'cavemen', she stated they were not covered in thick hair, but seemed
to wear a cloth or fur-skin.  So she told her husband to drive the car around the roundabout, travel
back up the road they'd come from and then return to the place she'd seen them.

Not wanting to make his own dinner and forego any chance of his leg-over (All men know this), he did
as he was asked!

After explaining to her partner what she'd observed, the pair eventually arrived back at the place where
she'd first seen these so-called 'Neanderthals', but there was nobody there.

Cave-men in the 21st century tiny country of Britain...? Science says not.
tinywondering