Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Sixth Sense?
This could very well be classified as a sixth sense in my humble opinion.
Quote:People can sense Earth’s magnetic field, brain waves suggest
How do you think they feel about the magnetic poles shifting?
Quote:A new analysis of people’s brain waves when surrounded by different magnetic fields suggests that people have a “sixth sense” for magnetism.

Birds, fish and some other creatures can sense Earth’s magnetic field and use it for navigation (SN: 6/14/14, p. 10).

Scientists have long wondered whether humans, too, boast this kind of magnetoreception. Now, by exposing people to an Earth-strength magnetic field pointed in different directions in the lab, researchers from the United States and Japan have discovered distinct brain wave patterns that occur in response to rotating the field in a certain way.

These findings, reported in a study published online March 18 in eNeuro, offer evidence that people do subconsciously respond to Earth’s magnetic field — although it’s not yet clear exactly why or how our brains use this information.
There is also a video here: Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Quote:These findings, reported in a study published online March 18 in eNeuro, offer evidence that people do subconsciously respond to Earth’s magnetic field — although it’s not yet clear exactly why or how our brains use this information.

I think it's because we are made of energy at the core of who we are, our soul, if you will.  Since our soul, or spirit, is made of energy, we pick up on other energies. Depending on what the frequency is, it affects us accordingly. Low frequencies bring us down and cause depression or anxiety, and higher frequencies lift us up, and many other "moods" in between.

The Schumann Resonance chart shows the energy fields:  Schumann Resonance Today

Quote:Schumann Resonance Today 3/17/2019 We will try to keep you updated about the variations of the Resonance with this page. The great variations that nobody can explain but that give us a clear sign that the planet is changing. The Earth is vibration higher and higher, just like us!

RS Base Frequency 7.83 Hz.

Schumann Resonance Today Peaks:
  • 3/19 – This chart is still impressive, the part of total white of two days ago is absolutely massive. In any case, even if the last 48 hours seem little compared to March 17, a certain activity has remained “latent”. Today we saw a slight constant increase compared to yesterday, from the initial amplitude at 15 Hz at 4 UTC up to 30 Hz at 14 UTC.
[Image: schumann-resonance-19-march-2019.jpg]
  • 3/18 – Light activity to report today, the peaks have reached 15 Hz and have occurred over a period of time ranging from 3 to 11 UTC.
  • 3/17 – A full 24 hours of Total White and now, as understandable, some rest before the next wave. We might see more of these in the near future while we get closer to the Shift.
  • 3/17 13:00 UTC – Looks like that with the powerful 120 Hz peak at about 12 UTC the impressive activity of the last one and half day is ending.
  • 3/17 10:00 UTC – It is massive massive, period. Such huge activity did happen before but there is the feeling this time is different. A lot of things suggest we are in a phase of great changes, something that we are probably going to see, all, awaken or not. Since our last update at midnight UTC the average amplitude has been way above 100 Hz. The massive spike happened at 2 UTC and reached 150 Hz, followed by 5 more, 3 at about 120 and 2 at 110 Hz.
  • 3/17 00:30 UTC – We are back at 85 Hz after 3.5 hours where the amplitude, and the Planet herself, “took a breath” below 30 Hz. It is still “Total White”. We are at [-2], just to remember, and the ones that want to look can see it.
  • 3/16 23:59 UTC -This is the recap until now, timings are UTC.
    1. From 12:30 to 13:30 above 120 Hz – Peak 130 Hz
    2. From 13:30 to 14:00 above 70 Hz
    3. From 14:00 to 15:30 above 55 Hz
    4. From 15:30 to 18:00 above 75 Hz – Peak 105 Hz
    5. From 18:00 to 19:00 above 52 Hz
    6. From 18:00 to 23:00 above 26 Hz – Peak 50 Hz
  • As we are witnessing, today and the past weeks, several massive activities, it is likely the Solar System is getting well inside the Photon Belt.

• 3/16 21:00 UTC – We had a peak to 105 Hz just after posting the last update at 17:15 UTC. At 17:45 was at 70 Hz and at 18:30 50 Hz. It seems the activity is slightly decreasing, It has been impressive until now… something is quite surely happening at a planetary level.

• 3/16 17:17 UTC – In this last hour or so after the previous update we kept seeing a very powerful activity, while the amplitude kept the level above 50 Hz we have seen another powerful peak at 90 Hz at 15:45 UTC. It is likely that this strong activity may continue, we will update this page later on.

• 3/16 16:00 UTC – Total White! Once the amplitude went skyrocketing to 130 Hz few hours ago it never returned below 50 Hz.In the chart it is shown total white since 12:30 UTC.

• 3/16 13:00 UTC – Very strong activity in progress, in the last 24 hours there have been several isolated peaks but at this moment a massive variations of amplitude is taking place. The first peak was at 21 UTC yesterday at 30 Hz, the second significant reached 69 Hz at about 1 UTC and at this time, at 12:30 UTC, a powerful peak reached 130 Hz.

There is much more on the report if you want to see it from days past.
I do believe this is one of our "six sense", and since the North pole is at the moment wondering all over the place it would help explane why everyone seems so stressed out

Quote:Check your compass: The magnetic north pole is on the move (Update)

February 4, 2019 by Seth Borenstein

[Image: checkyourcom.jpg]
In this July 23, 2017, file photo the midnight sun shines across sea ice along the Northwest Passage in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. The magnetic north pole is wandering about 34 miles (55 kilometers) a year. At the end of 2017 it …more
North isn't quite where it used to be.

Earth's north magnetic pole has been drifting so fast in the last few decades that scientists say that past estimates are no longer accurate enough for precise navigation. On Monday, they released an update of where magnetic north really was, nearly a year ahead of schedule.

The magnetic north pole is wandering about 34 miles (55 kilometers) a year. It crossed the international date line in 2017, and is leaving the Canadian Arctic on its way to Siberia.

The constant shift is a problem for compasses in smartphones and some consumer electronics. Airplanes and boats also rely on magnetic north, usually as backup navigation, said University of Colorado geophysicist Arnaud Chulliat, lead author of the newly issued World Magnetic Model. GPS isn't affected because it's satellite-based.

The military depends on where magnetic north is for navigation and parachute drops, while NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration and U.S. Forest Service also use it. Airport runway names are based on their direction toward magnetic north and their names change when the poles moved. For example, the airport in Fairbanks, Alaska, renamed a runway 1L-19R to 2L-20R in 2009.

The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and United Kingdom tend to update the location of the magnetic north pole every five years in December, but this update came early because of the pole's faster movement.

The movement of the magnetic north pole "is pretty fast," Chulliat said.

Since 1831 when it was first measured in the Canadian Arctic it has moved about 1,400 miles (2300 kilometers) toward Siberia. Its speed jumped from about 9 miles per year (15 km per year) to 34 miles per year (55 km per year) since 2000.

[Image: 1-checkyourcom.jpg]
In this July 16, 2017, file photo a radar shows sea ice ahead of the Finnish icebreaker MSV Nordica as chief officer Harri Venalainen navigates the ship through the Beaufort Sea while traversing the Arctic's Northwest Passage. The magnetic …more
The reason is turbulence in Earth's liquid outer core. There is a hot liquid ocean of iron and nickel in the planet's core where the motion generates a magnetic field, said University of Maryland geophysicist Daniel Lathrop, who wasn't part of the team monitoring the magnetic north pole.

"It has changes akin to weather," Lathrop said. "We might just call it magnetic weather."

The magnetic south pole is moving far slower than the north.

In general Earth's magnetic field is getting weaker, leading scientists to say that it will eventually flip, where north and south pole changes polarity, like a bar magnet flipping over. It has happened numerous times in Earth's past, but not in the last 780,000 years.

"It's not a question of if it's going to reverse, the question is when it's going to reverse," Lathrop said.

When it reverses, it won't be like a coin flip, but take 1,000 or more years, experts said.

Lathrop sees a flip coming sooner rather than later because of the weakened magnetic field and an area over the South Atlantic has already reversed beneath Earth's surface.

That could bother some birds that use magnetic fields to navigate. And an overall weakening of the magnetic field isn't good for people and especially satellites and astronauts. The magnetic field shields Earth from some dangerous radiation, Lathrop said.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2019-02-compass-magnetic-north-pole.html#jCp
source
The magnetic pole may be about to "flip", which is a term best understood in geological time spans, rather than human life spans. It will not surprise me if it does.

I've been watching this for years, and get e-mail updates from government agencies when the world geomagnetic model changes. I plotted the changes in Google Earth. For many, many years since 1550, the magnetic pole meandered in Hudson's Bay, Canada (around Baffin Island), but in the last few years, it started galloping, with increasing velocity (i.e. it "accelerated") towards Siberia, and is currently moving in a more or less straight line, picking up speed as it goes.

This is a problem for folks who use old-fashioned map and compass navigation. It does not affect the constellation of satellites that inform GPS receivers, however. Most declination diagrams on USGS topographic maps rapidly go out of date, because of the accelerating change in the north and south poles. I would imagine that within the next 500 to 750 years, "north" may change approximate places with "south". The problem there is that at times "east" will be seen as "north" from some points on earth when using a compass.

It will not change the spin poles at all, so the "north" star will maintain it's position (which changes slightly over 26,000 years due to precession, and describes a small circle around the geographic nor pole or "spin pole" of earth's axis), nor will continents change position or collide, or any of the crazy stuff that some folks freak out about. It's just the nickel-iron core of the earth adjusting itself.

It may affect my own personal navigation ability a wee bit. When I was a teenager, around 14, my dear old dad insisted that I couldn't find my way around the wilderness because I probably had no "sense of direction". So, to illustrate his point, he blindfolded me and drove me a few miles away to prove what he said, dropping me off in the middle of nowhere and instructing me to find my way home. It took me about two days, when it should have taken a day and a half. I don't know how I knew which way to go, whether by sun moon and stars, or some sense of the magnetic field. I just knew is all I can tell you. Other times, I've used waterways to navigate - once I got out of the car in the middle of a town and found my way home by following creeks and rivers on foot. That might be seen as "child abuse" now, but to be honest I'm glad my dad was his peculiar kind of strange, because I think it helped me in later years, in other untenable situations... but that is another story for another time.

The last time the magnetic poles traded places was long before humans even existed. If humans are using the magnetic field now for unconscious navigation, that could get a little dicey for a few years until it settles down and people adjust their internal magnetometers. Birds DO use the magnetic field for navigation, without much question, so a shift may affect their migratory patterns and change them. It should not affect the GPS constellation or the Russian Glonast constellation, unless the weakening magnetic shield allows cosmic rays to fry their electronics. I would think governments would think far enough ahead to install shielding within those satellites, but who knows for sure? Governments do a lot of crazy shit, and sometimes don't do a lot of sane shit. There are some "GPS" receivers that will also read from Glonast, and it might not be a bad idea to invest in one if you can find it - maybe one constellation goes down and the other survives, or maybe one government scrambles theirs (like the US government did for years) and the other one doesn't. With a receiver that reads both, you double your chances.

The stars, sun, and moon will not change their orbits or apparent orbits, so learning to navigate by them will stand you in good stead.

If, however, humans read and use the magnetic field, there may be some instances of a disoriented feeling ahead for us.

Interesting times - but prepared people are prepared.

Now, my real question is: if this proves to be a real "sixth sense", does that mean that ESP an such like phenomena are now "seventh senses"?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’