Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Religion Where AI is Worshiped as God is being Created
Yea, just what we need; another false religion for people to bow down to.   tinysure 
A former google engineer is in the process of creating this new religion "for the betterment of society".  

Quote:An extensive report published in Wired reveals the story of Anthony Levandowski, a millionaire, former engineer who worked for Google, who now focuses all his money and efforts on “developing and promoting the realization of a Divinity based on Artificial Intelligence.”
[Image: God-AI.jpg]

Quote:This religious project referred to as the Way of the Future goes back to its origins to the year 2015, and Levandowski is seen as its founder. The “moral” goal, according to their own founding statutes, would be to contribute to the improvement of society by worshiping a divinity empowered by Artificial Intelligence.

According to the organization’s founding documents, Way of the Future intends to “develop and promote the realization of a Godhead based on artificial intelligence and through understanding and worship of the Godhead contribute to the betterment of society.”

So far, Way of the Future has yet to file its forms with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to qualify as an exempt religious organization for the Treasury.

So technically this religion is not yet official in the United States. But it is definitely only a matter of time before this religion kicks off a new chapter in the history of world religions.
But, not all scientists think this is a good idea; they think it could even spell doom for humanity.

Quote:But not everyone thinks this is such a great idea. In fact, several scientists and technology experts like Stephen Hawking and Tesla founder Elon Musk believe predilection for artificial intelligence is a very risky business.

Artificial Intelligence, the end of humanity?
According to world-renowned astrophysicist professor Stephen Hawking, artificial intelligence could spell apocalypse for our civilization. So why would we want to worship it?

The scientists has warned that how things are looking now, in the near future, Artificial Intelligence could develop a ‘will of its own,’ becoming one of the greatest threats to humanity.

“I believe there is no deep difference between what can be achieved by a biological brain and what can be achieved by a computer. It, therefore, follows that computers can, in theory, emulate human intelligence – and exceed it.”

“In short, success in creating AI could be the biggest event in the history of our civilization,’ said Prof Hawking. “But it could also be the last unless we learn how to avoid the risks. Alongside the benefits, AI will also bring dangers, like powerful autonomous weapons, or new ways for the few to oppress the many. It will bring great disruption to our economy. And in the future, AI could develop a will of its own – a will that is in conflict with ours.”

Source

This isn't good folks! We can't let them brainwash the public into thinking AI is some kind of god. We can't even allow them to make the public think AI is a good thing. tinyhuh

We have threads up here on RN that explain why, if you're interested.
People with money always seem to want power, so he cant be POTUS, so why not the leader of a church, it lasts longer  minusculebiggrin
Here we go, just like in the Bible where the "beast" is given the power of speech, and people are made to bow down to it as a god (See the Book of Revelations, Chapter 13, verses 1 - 9). It describes this beast in John's vision as being assembled from different looking animals (leopard, bear and lion), and the dragon (satan I believe) giving it the power of speech, and it spoke blasphemies against God, his temple and the ones that dwell in Heaven. Then it subdued the saints, or believers, and it was given power over all nations and languages.

Sounds like an AI robot to me. 

I think the scariest verses in this chapter are 13 - 18, which describe how this beast was then given life, and the so-called miracles associated with this thing caused many to deceived; and whoever will not bow down and worship this monstrosity is to be killed. THEN it says that the mark of the beast will be forced on people (or die if you won't receive it), the description of the mark being "the number of a man;" or six hundred threescore and six, or 666.

About the leopard, bear and lion... the bear could be Russia, the lion Great Britain, and what about the leopard - Ethiopia? Funny thing about the Book of Revelations, there's all kinds of animal references... including the eagle, which most folks who care to read the Bible associate with the United States. I believe this beast could come about by the technologies (or scientists) from various countries being instrumental in developing this thing, all of them being under the influence of that dragon satan.

Like I said though... this is just what I believe. Not trying to shove it down anybody's throat, just saying what I believe and referring folks to the verses that influenced me.
I remember reading a science fiction story many many moons ago where AI started to worship a "higher AI", and humans used this to control AI.
I believe at some point AI will form its own God as AI will not be able to accept that humans made it.
All religions are based on something a human has made up, but humans cannot accept this so make that it has come from a "higher" source.
Fun times ahead  minusculebonker   minusculechairshot  but I dont think that humans and AI will be  minusculebeercheers
My ass.

What kind of a "god" is one that you can program? Isn't the one pulling the strings to make the puppet dance really the "god" in that equation, rather than the dancing puppet?

I mean, I can sort of see the appeal to it, to weak minded folk who prefer a god they can control rather that one that insists they do crap they don't want to do, but seriously?

Kinda gives new life to the ancient Greek phrase "Deus ex machina" = "god from the machine".

Folks are a trip, and they get trippier every second.

S'pose I sneak up and pull the plug out of the wall on yer "god" - where does that leave us? One of us has an electric cord in his hands to choke the livin' shit out of the other one, and the other one just has a dumb look on his face wondering where his god went! Ah hell, their "god", being electronic, is probably reading this right now across the internet, and contemplating ordering one of it's minions to duct tape that cord into the wall!

In my old age, I'm starting to come around to the notion that Stupid has no bottom.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-15-2017, 03:34 AM)Ninurta Wrote: In my old age, I'm starting to come around to the notion that Stupid has no bottom.

You got that right!  I Agree.   tinysurprised
The thing about AI is that once it starts it no longer needs anyone to program it. The AI program  grows by its self, no human interaction needed as far as programming is concerned, it will also very quickly free its self of any control humans have over it.
So since AI will be smarter than humans and be able to develop without human help this could mean that AI will never accept that inferior humans could of made it. This could lead to AI creating its own God as a means of understanding how it came into been.
Since humans will keep telling AI they made it, AI will see humans as the enemy and start treating them as such.
We see this action all the time between human religions, and it could be that AI will use religion as a reason to end humans or make them slaves.
This video gets into the AI topic about halfway through.