Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
8.1 Earthquake Rocks Southern Mexico
Three hurricanes in the Atlantic, several states up north burning with massive wildfires, TX floods, massive solar flares hitting Earth, and now an 8.1 earthquake in Mexico.
Sounds like the labor pains of Mother Earth are getting stronger. (Read Revelations)

[Image: DJLiT1TVoAEUVH7.jpg]

Quote:At least five people were killed as a magnitude-8.1 earthquake rocked southern Mexico late Thursday night, causing people to flee into the street, buildings to sway, and lights to go out in Mexico City.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, who said the quake was 8.2 in magnitude, called the quake the strongest the country has seen in a century. The U.S. Geological Survey measured it at 8.1 magnitude.

The powerful quake occurred 59.7 miles southwest of Pijijiapan, Mexico, off the coast of Chiapas at 11:49 p.m. local time (12:49 a.m. ET), according to the USGS. The depth of the earthquake was 22 miles, the USGS said.

The governor of Chiapas, Manuel Velasco, told local media at least three people had been killed in San Cristobal de las Casas, a city in the region.

Two children were reported dead by The Associated Press in Tabasco, the state just north of Chiapas. Tabasco Gov. Arturo Nunez told The Associated Press one child died when a wall collapsed on them, while a baby died when electricity went out at a hospital where the infant was on a ventilator.

Nieto said 1 million customers were without power in the immediate aftermath of the quake, but that 200,000 remained without power as of 4 a.m. ET on Friday.

Authorities in Oaxaca, west of the state of Chiapas, were seen assessing damage to the area early Friday, including to a hotel.

Mexico's Pacific coastal areas -- as well as the coastlines of Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica -- experienced some tsunami waves, with some over 3 feet off the coast of Salina Cruz.

Residents in Chiapas were being evacuated from the coast around 5 a.m. ET as a precaution against tsunami conditions, The Associated Press reported.

"Based on all available data Hazardous tsunami waves are forecast for some coasts," the National Weather Service Tsunami Warning Center said in an alert. "Tsunami waves reaching more than 3 meters above the tide level are possible along some coasts of Mexico."

Watch a video on the source article page.

What's next?

Well, we know Irma is out there now causing massive devastation, and will hit FL as early as tonight/tomorrow. I believe I read IRMA translates to: god of destruction, but I can't be positive if 'god' was the word used. (I'm still having my coffee. ::smallwink: )

All I can say is, hold on to your hat 'cause things are getting crazy!   tinyhuh
Very sad about the deaths, especially the two infants.

With the Hurricanes and the Sun Flares and this Earthquake, I'm surprised we haven't heard more from Al Gore and His Followers.
I did hear one of the MSM start to Blame Trump for the next two Hurricanes.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Did you see the Green Flashes?
They are calling them Mysterious Green Flashes.
[Image: a91fb8d7ff18463336062f0e0f6547f7]

Quote:Mysterious green and blue flashes were seen by witnesses in Mexico City after it was rocked by a magnitude 8.2 earthquake.
The powerful quake set off a tsunami warning for at least eight countries – and at least six people have been confirmed dead in the most powerful quake to strike the country for 100 years.
A video of the earthquake lights was captured by a witness – capturing a strange, little-understood phenomenon.
Go to the LINK and watch the little video of the flashes.
(09-08-2017, 02:16 PM)guohua Wrote: Very sad about the deaths, especially the two infants.

With the Hurricanes and the Sun Flares and this Earthquake, I'm surprised we haven't heard more from Al Gore and His Followers.
I did hear one of the MSM start to Blame Trump for the next two Hurricanes.

You've got to be kidding!!  tinylaughing

Well, I suppose he could be responsible, but the only way would be for the Elite to make it public that they are using their HAARP weather weapon as a way to get back at Trump for trying to dismantle their control group.  I don't think they will be admitting this anytime soon, so how are the MSM blaming the hurricanes on Trump?   mediumfacepalm
Well here you go, from an Air Headed Actress.

Quote:Jennifer Lawrence: ‘Mother Nature’s Rage’ Directed at U.S. Because of Trump
Quote:In an interview with Channel 4, a British public service television network, American actress Jennifer Lawrence blamed the recent hurricanes on Donald Trump’s voters, because they don't believe in man-made climate change. During the lengthy interview on her new movie Mother!, the conversation turned political about halfway through. After discussing the alleged pay gap between men and women, the interviewer asked Lawrence about climate change and the political climate in America.

Quote:“I mean when the director was asked about the film, why it was so dark, he said, ‘It’s a mad time to be alive.’ And there is certainly an end of days feeling about it. For many people, in America who would say, [grimaces] perhaps it’s truer there at the moment than anywhere else,” the Channel 4 reporter prompted Lawrence to comment.

“It’s scary,” she responded. “You know, it’s this new language that’s forming, I don’t even recognize it. It’s also scary to know, that climate change is due to human activity, and we continue to ignore it, and the only voice that we really have is through voting,” Lawrence stated.

“And you have voted very recently, as a country” the interviewer acknowledged.

“And we voted, and it was really startling,” Lawrence added. She then insinuated that the hurricanes were "Mother Nature's rage and wrath" at America for Trump.
Just maybe She Shouldn't be allowed to vote, if Language and trump are Scary to her  smallroflmao 
Watch the video here: Link  and she just how much of an Air Head She is.
HEAVENS TO BETSY! How ridiculous! 

It could be Mother Earth's/God's rage toward America, but I don't think Trump has anything to do with it. If anything, he is trying to fix it.   tinylaughing
Now now, we all know that God hates the orange man. We must all get down and pray to God Obama to end the curse of the orange man.
He who has won "The no bull please prize" and given us back segregation will save us
(09-08-2017, 04:28 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Now now, we all know that God hates the orange man. We must all get down and pray to God Obama to end the curse of the orange man.
He who has won "The no bull please prize" and given us back segregation will save us

I don't know how to respond to that because I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or serious.   tinybighuh
I though the, He who has won "The no bull please prize" would of given a clue  tinybiggrin
(09-08-2017, 04:28 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Now now, we all know that God hates the orange man. We must all get down and pray to God Obama to end the curse of the orange man.
OH,,,, I Like You So very Much!!!
Bow minusculehail To Obama [Image: obama-4-make-a-gif_1421826700.gif] The Great and Powerful,,,,, Bullshitter and Segregationist!
(09-08-2017, 04:59 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I though the, He who has won "The no bull please prize" would of given a clue  tinybiggrin

I'm dense until I've had my 5 cups of coffee.   tinylaughing
Another more recent article:

Biggest Earthquake to Hit Mexico in Over a Century Moved Fault by 32 Feet
Quote:The massive earthquake that hit Mexico late in the night of September 7 is the biggest in the region in almost a century. Seismologists now say the magnitude 8.1 quake was so large it moved the fault up by 10 meters (32 feet), as the Cocos and North American tectonic plates collided.

The epicenter of the earthquake was off the coast of Mexico and Guatemala, 54 miles southwest of Pijijiapan. It struck at a depth of 69.7 kilometers (43.3 miles), data from the U.S. Geological Survey showed. Initially, a tsunami warning was issued, with waves up to three meters (10 feet) high, but this has since been lifted.

[Image: b9d24fdd69b62b3c188787ed3e236e6e]

A map shows the epicenter of the magnitude 8.1 earthquake in Mexico. Seismologists say the earthquake would have been felt by over 500,000 people, as a tsunami threat looms. USGS

Trending: How Much is Rihanna Worth? After Fenty Beauty Launch, Singer's Net Worth Will Probably Skyrocket
Since the initial quake, many aftershocks have been recorded, ranging between magnitude 4.3 and 5.7. Seismologists are currently monitoring for more, as these could pose a major risk to the buildings already destabilized by the initial 8.1 earthquake, David Galloway, from the British Geological Survey (BGS), tells Newsweek.
A magnitude of “8.1 is a major earthquake, and I’m not surprised there’s lots of damage. I think there will be more reports of people having been killed and injured as time goes on, as we get more information,” Galloway said. “Communications often go down with big earthquakes. So far we’ve got reports of 15 killed and many more injured, but I expect that figure to rise.”

[Image: db069de6cf04c0f74d56cd4337dc9d2c]

This image depicts how the fault slipped during the magnitude 8.1 earthquake off the coast of Mexico. USGS
Don't miss: Hurricane Irma From Space: Watch NASA's Stunning Video of Storm Approaching Florida
Several reports now say the number killed has risen over 30, with most killed in the state of Oaxaca. Officials said people also have died in Chiapas and Tabasco. Photos and video from regions affected show widespread damage. The BGS estimates half a million people experienced severe shaking.
I watched a live feed on youtube last night about a quake coming to Mexico, and here it is. I tell you, this guy I've been watching on youtube (or listening to - he doesn't appear on screen but does his show as a voice over)... dutchsinse... has been VERY enlightening about how earthquakes work. He even tied in how solar flares trigger seismic activity, and how energy blocks in an area will help predict where and when the next one will come. 

He's been right SOOO many times in the last few days, and I think last night - maybe the night before - he was saying he was off by half a point in magnitude in another spot, but otherwise he hit it on the mark. He also said in 24-48 hours Mexico would see a big quake, and again he was right.

He has google earth up on the screen showing quakes as his teaching tool, and then he explains how everything goes together. The thing is, sometimes it's like listening to Jim Carrey as a teacher! He is so insightful and so into what he does, I absolutely love listening to his show. He comes on fairly regularly at 10 central time (11 eastern) and even the people in the chat box are really intelligent. It's such a refreshing place to hang around... much like RN! 

He's so much onto something that he gets shut down from time to time, and then when he can get back online - BOOM there are the earthquakes he said would hit. He uses a triangulating system to predict quakes, and he's really accurate. He also shows how the United States Geological Survey (USGS) will remove or hide evidence of earthquakes, but the European geological folks will show them.

Check it out for yourself - look for his live feed on global activity 48 hours. And yes, he does have a place to click to help fund him and his research, but I won't hold that against him. This guy is SMART, and I love learning from him. He was giving a sort of tutorial on using google earth's settings to adjust how much data you see - like the last 12 hours, 24 hours, etc. or all that they still have overlayed on the earth.
I can't figure out how to post a jpg, but things are happening too fast to post an up-to-date pic anyway. I've been watching the live feed from that site, and it's getting a little wild. Magnitude 5 earthquakes are going off like crazy in Mexico and offshore, and they've issued a watch for California to expect a 6.0 - 6.9 quake within four days. Stores are emptying out of food and water, and they're closing the airport at LAX... Prayers needed all around the country!

Here's the link:

Live Feed from dutchsinse
(09-08-2017, 11:52 PM)Spirit Scribe Wrote: I can't figure out how to post a jpg, but things are happening too fast to post an up-to-date pic anyway. I've been watching the live feed from that site, and it's getting a little wild. Magnitude 5 earthquakes are going off like crazy in Mexico and offshore, and they've issued a watch for California to expect a 6.0 - 6.9 quake within four days. Stores are emptying out of food and water, and they're closing the airport at LAX... Prayers needed all around the country!

Here's the link:

OMG!!!  What's going to happen next? tinywhat

Thank you for that information @"Spirit Scribe". 

If you can't figure the board out by reading over the tutorial thread, I'll show you how to do some things next time you come over.
(09-08-2017, 11:52 PM)Spirit Scribe Wrote: I can't figure out how to post a jpg, but things are happening too fast to post an up-to-date pic anyway. I've been watching the live feed from that site, and it's getting a little wild. Magnitude 5 earthquakes are going off like crazy in Mexico and offshore, and they've issued a watch for California to expect a 6.0 - 6.9 quake within four days. Stores are emptying out of food and water, and they're closing the airport at LAX... Prayers needed all around the country!

Here's the link:

@"Wallfire" 
Did you want to post this youtube video?

If so,,, at Youtube click on the Share tab.
The Link will come up in Blue, Right click on Copy.
Come back to you post and at the top area you'll see what looks like a small Film Strip just left of the smiley face.

Click that tab that looks like a strip of film, it'll drop down and you'll see the, Video Type box, (yes it's dark) scroll down to Youtube abd click on that.
Now.
Just below you'll see the box for the Video URL, delete out the http:\\ you see there and then right click in that box and click Paste.
Now below is the Insert Tab, Click and you should be Golden!
I hope that helps.

If it's a picture from the internet that you want to post, just right click on the picture and click on left click on Copy image address.
Now above you'll see what looks like a picture just left of the Envelope.
Left click the tab and in the URL box right click and the left click on Paste and click on Insert.

Great for GIF's
[Image: giphy.gif]
Deadly quake, hurricane a one-two punch for Mexico; 63 die

JUCHITAN, Mexico (AP) — One of the most powerful earthquakes ever to hit Mexico was followed by a Gulf coast hurricane, dealing a one-two punch to the country that killed at least 63 people as workers scrambled Saturday to respond to the twin national emergencies.

The 8.1 quake off the southern Pacific coast just before midnight Thursday toppled hundreds of buildings in several states. Hardest-hit was Juchitan, Oaxaca, where 36 people died and a third of the city's homes collapsed or were uninhabitable, President Enrique Pena Nieto said late Friday in an interview with the Televisa news network.

In downtown Juchitan, the remains of brick walls and clay tile roofs cluttered streets as families dragged mattresses onto sidewalks to spend a second anxious night sleeping outdoors. Some were newly homeless, while others feared further aftershocks could topple their cracked adobe dwellings.
"We are all collapsed, our homes and our people," said Rosa Elba Ortiz Santiago, 43, who sat with her teenage son and more than a dozen neighbors on an assortment of chairs. "We are used to earthquakes, but not of this magnitude."

Even as she spoke, across the country, Hurricane Katia was roaring onshore north of Tecolutla in Veracruz state, pelting the region with intense rains and maximum sustained winds of 75 mph (120) kph.

Veracruz Gov. Miguel Angel Yunes said two people died in a mudslide related to the storm, and he said some rivers had risen to near flood stage, but there were no reports of major damage.

Veracruz and neighboring Puebla states evacuated more than 4,000 people ahead of the storm's arrival.
The Hurricane Center said Katia could still bring 3 to 6 inches (7.5 to 15 centimeters) of additional rain 25 to 37 centimeters) to a region with a history of deadly mudslides and flooding.

Pena Nieto announced Friday that the earthquake killed 45 people in Oaxaca state, 12 in Chiapas and 4 in Tabasco, and he declared three days of national mourning. The toll included 36 dead in Juchitan, located on the narrow waist of Oaxaca known as the Isthmus, where a hospital and about half the city hall also collapsed into rubble.

Next to Ortiz, 47-year-old Jose Alberto Martinez said he and family members have long been accustomed to earthquakes. So when the ground started moving, at first they simply waited a bit for it to stop — until objects began falling and they bolted for the street.
"We felt like the house was coming down on top of us," Martinez said, accompanied by his wife, son and mother-in-law.
Now, he didn't feel safe going back inside until the home is inspected. Right next door, an older building had crumbled into a pile of rough timbers, brick and stucco, while little remained of a white church on the corner.

Rescuers searched for survivors Friday with sniffer dogs and used heavy machinery at the main square to pull rubble away from city hall, where a missing police officer was believed to be inside.

The city's civil defense coordinator, Jose Antonio Marin Lopez, said similar searches had been going on all over the area.
Teams found bodies in the rubble, but the highlight was pulling four people, including two children, alive from the completely collapsed Hotel Del Rio where one woman died.

"The priority continues to be the people," Marin said.

Pena Nieto said authorities were working to re-establish supplies of water and food and provide medical attention to those who need it. He vowed the government would help rebuild.

"The power of this earthquake was devastating, but we are certain that the power of unity, the power of solidarity and the power of shared responsibility will be greater," Pena Nieto said.

Power was cut at least briefly to more than 1.8 million people, and authorities closed schools in at least 11 states to check them for safety.
The Interior Department reported that 428 homes were destroyed and 1,700 were damaged just in Chiapas, the state closest to the epicenter.
"Homes made of clay tiles and wood collapsed," said Nataniel Hernandez, a human rights worker living in Tonala, Chiapas, who worried that inclement weather threatened to bring more structures down.

"Right now it is raining very hard in Tonala, and with the rains it gets much more complicated because the homes were left very weak, with cracks," Hernandez said by phone.

The earthquake also jolted the Mexican capital, more than 650 miles (1,000 kilometers) away, which largely lies atop a former lakebed whose soil amplifies seismic waves. Memories are still fresh for many of a catastrophic quake that killed thousands and devastated large parts of the city in 1985.
Mexico City escaped major damage, though part of a bridge on a highway being built to a new international airport collapsed due to the earthquake, local media reported.

The quake's power was equal to Mexico's strongest in the past century, and it was slightly stronger than the 1985 quake, the U.S. Geological Survey said. However its impact was blunted somewhat by the fact that it struck some 100 miles offshore.

Read more and watch a video HERE.