Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Blue Pill.
(03-07-2018, 01:04 PM)BIAD Wrote: 'Create a victims' compensation fund'...? Why? What the hell was this hoped-for new media company planning to do?!!!

Indeed!  Hopefully, we will never have to find out.   tinywondering
Quote:No CEO should earn 1,000 times more than a regular employee.

'The CEO of Marathon Petroleum, Gary Heminger, took home an astonishing 935 times more pay
than his typical employee in 2017. In other words, one of Marathon’s gas station workers would
have to toil more than nine centuries to make as much as Heminger grabbed in just one year...'

This excerpt is from an opinion-piece on The Guardian website. For the rest of this article, click here.
Written by -what we would assume, a Journalist called Sarah Anderson.

The obvious answer to this manipulative comment sits within the meaning of responsibility.
That responsibility follows the discipline of accountability, as in what does a person do and what that task is worth in the
form of effect.

The gas station worker presses buttons on a automated system and tops-up the coffee machines.
A CEO of the petroleum company that provides the gas makes sure that the gas station worker stays in employment with
a various set of tasks that is far more ranging that just pressing buttons.

I hate this sort of 'influencing' commentary, using the idea of a retro working-class occupation -as in a gas station out in a
western-state desert with an unshaven man in overalls and hinting an unfairness from the high-flying, well-suited millionaire
sitting in a leather chair whilst smoking a cigar.

But then again, Journalists like to paint a picture for the viewers and readers. The optics of a Reporter standing outside
offices is supposed to indicate a monitoring. Yet in reality, a brief is issued from any organisation or Government and that's
what they used to pass onto the waiting public.

These days, viewers and readers receive a personal version of that brief, a perception that favours a media's opinions
and massaged to make the listeners want more. Concise, unvarnished information is rare as hen's teeth these days.

But this 'Kabuki'-styled drama has gone on for some time. The public are led to believe that the person they see standing
outside the Houses of Parliament or The White House is merely a conduit, someone trained in the ethical profession with
truth at the fore-front of their hearts.

But the world doesn't work like that and the writer of this article can attest to that.
Sarah Anderson.
Quote:"Sarah Anderson directs the Global Economy Project at the Institute for Policy Studies and is a co-editor of the IPS
web site Inequality.org. Sarah’s research covers a wide range of international and domestic economic issues, including
inequality, Wall Street reform, CEO pay, taxes, labor, and international trade and investment.

Sarah is a well-known expert on executive compensation, as the lead author of more than 20 annual “Executive Excess”
reports that have received extensive media coverage.

During the Obama administration, she served on the Investment Subcommittee of the U.S. State Department’s Advisory
Committee on International Economic Policy (ACIEP). In 2009, this subcommittee carried out a review of the U.S. model
bilateral investment treaty.

In 2000, she served on the staff of the bipartisan International Financial Institutions Advisory Commission (“Meltzer Commission”),
commissioned by the U.S. Congress to evaluate the World Bank and IMF. Sarah is a co-author of the books Field Guide to
the Global Economy (New Press, 2nd edition, 2005) and Alternatives to Economic Globalization (Berrett-Koehler, 2nd edition,
2004).

Prior to coming to IPS in 1992, Sarah was a consultant to the U.S. Agency for International Development and an editor for the
Deutsche Presse-Agentur. She holds a Masters in International Affairs from The American University and a BA in Journalism
from Northwestern University."
SOURCE:

Journalists carry many types of baggage and sometimes, it can effect straight-forward information and turn it into a Machiavellian
message that caters for a certain narrative.

And in this particular case, there's also two salaries involved. Maybe Sarah could supplement a gas station worker's pay?
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Florida school shooting: Pennsylvania students get stones.

Quote:'A Pennsylvania superintendent has described his unique measure to protect students from potential school shooters
-arming them with buckets of stones.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3431]

David Helsel.

Blue Mountain School District Superintendent David Helsel told state lawmakers earlier this month that some classrooms
had been given river stones to throw at attackers.
He said the stone defence was intended as a last resort if evacuations failed.

The unlikely defence was revealed amid a national discussion on gun violence.
The national gun debate was re-ignited after 17 people died in a school shooting in Parkland, Florida, last month.

Survivors from the shooting have organised a national March for Our Lives demonstration on Saturday, where they will protest
in the US capital alongside other gun control advocates. Several high-profile celebrities and politicians have met the students
and are planning to support the headline Washington march.

Meanwhile, the Trump administration is planning to ban devices that can modify semi-automatic rifles to fire like machine-guns.
Attorney-General Jeff Sessions said changing the laws to ban "bump stocks" was a critical step in reducing firearms violence.
It will entail the surrender or destruction of about half a million of the stocks owned by the public.

Five-gallon buckets
"Every classroom has been equipped with a five-gallon bucket of river stone," Mr Helsel said at the state's House Education
Committee on 15 March.

"If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full of students armed
with rocks and they will be stoned. "We have some people who have some pretty good arms. They can chuck some rocks
pretty fast."

The unique defence initiative started circulating on Thursday after a video of the exchange was published online and picked
up by local news. The measure has been in place in the district's schools for two years already, Dr Helsel told Buzzfeed news.

He emphasised the measure was intended as a "last resort" and that lockdowns and evacuations were also in their planning.
He said he hoped to publicise the existence of the stones so they would serve as a deterrent for any would-be attackers...'
SOURCE:

Well, if you can't see the woods for trees now, then we're doomed. You know he gets paid to think like this, don't you?
The mockery of the public should be enough to pull-up anyone's 'now'-ism thought-processes at this point, but the possible
implications of this suggestion also takes us into a realm we were supposed to have evolved away from.

Stoning a would-be attacker as a form of defence is one thing, but what happens when the assumed attacker is overcome...?
Could it be that the children and teachers would take it a step further to halt a gun-man's actions by stoning him/her to death?

Are there other places around the world where this behavior is tolerated?

By the way, I love idea of specifying the actual condition of the aggregate, 'river stones'!!
One can see the headlines in a couple months: 'Quarry-men accuse the US Education system of Rockism'.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's something I will never understand. The deliberate act of not talking about a subject solely based on knowing
my point of view is grounded in a selfish reason and can be rationally defeated.

The few times a controversial subject is brought up, I'm always surprised with the brainwashed academics who
believe they're better than average person and that those in power, are accountable when something they enjoy,
changes.

Quote:Brexit was made inevitable by Tories and Britain’s weak position in EU.

'Helen Thompson, Professor of Political Economy at Cambridge University, argues Britain refusing to join the single
currency while being the continent’s financial centre made eventually leaving the bloc appear certain.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3473]

David Cameron.

This week, her paper ‘Inevitability and contingency: The political economy of Brexit’ won won The British Journal of
Politics and International Relations article of the year.
In it, she writes: “In a number of ways, the 2008 financial crash and the euro-zone crisis put a time-bomb under the
sustainability of Britain’s membership of the EU.

“They generated conflict over London’s position as the offshore financial centre of the euro, escalated the differences
between the macro-economic options open to Britain and euro-zone states, produced a significant rise in immigration
from the euro-zone periphery into Britain, strengthened German influence within the EU, and weakened Britain’s position
in the SEM with regard to financial services and banking matters.

“These structural conflicts and constraints would have caused significant problems even to a non-Conservative led
government.” But Prof Thompson said the Conservatives set the course to leave in 2010 by making “unrealisable”
commitments on immigration and pledges to return some EU power s to Westminster.

With David Cameron failing to secure the reforms he wanted, particularly on financial services in 2011, Britain’s weakness
within the bloc was made clear.

She wrote: “Any attempt to address the practical policy problems they generated -whether the risk of discrimination within
or the particular consequences of freedom of movement for Britain in relation to a monetary union of which it was not a member
-could only risk demonstrating the fundamental political weakness of Britain’s position inside the EU and erode domestic
democratic consent to it.”

The prefessor wrote: “While Cameron’s decision to offer a referendum in January 2013 was a gamble that others might not
have made and he did eschew pushing Merkel into a decisive confrontation, his options at these crucial points of decision
-making were narrow.

“Once his treaty-premised strategy had been bankrupted by the Fiscal Compact episode -whether he understood that to be
the case or not -he had no strategy available to reform the EU to British advantage.
“Indeed, even the defensive moves he thought the government had secured on bailouts and the EBA had to be refought and
were insecure so long as there was no treaty in which they could be entrenched, a problem in itself which was, in part, the
product of his own domestic push for the 2011 referendum lock.

“In this sense, Cameron made the Leave campaign’s case -that there was little control to be had inside the EU -for it.
“Those campaigning to Leave still had to seize their opportunity, a task that was undoubtedly made easier by the contingencies
of Boris Johnson’s decision to join and Dominic Cummings’ strategic thinking.”

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3474]
Presumably two construction workers who wished to remain in the EU.

And, even if Remain had narrowly won the vote, the issue would still not have been settled and would probably have been
revised, she said. The professor concluded: “Only if Cameron could have released himself from the desire to win the 2015
election, an act of self-restraint almost always beyond politicians, could he have escaped from the diminution of decision
-making options at work and, consequently, bought British membership of the EU significantly more time.”...'
The Express:

Or maybe over half of the British public were f*ckin' sick of being treated like sh*t by a non-elected power that had individual
nationalistic agendas and decided as an island nation that they didn't want the Euro. But then again, I'm not a Professor of
Political Economy and still lives with the antiquated idea that the elector holds the power, not some pig-sh*gger posh-boy from
the Chipping-Norton set.

Just sayin'... and Nige says "Hi"
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3475]

Here's another example of the narrative that mainstream media always seem to to maintain.

This young man's life was cut short by gunfire in East London last week and even though the
first impression I got was this was more than just a random killing -considering the accusations
to Russia about the Skripal-posioning case, the specifics imply this type of crime is perceived
differently by witnesses and neighbours -rather than the media's view.

Taken from The Evening Standard:

Quote:Abraham Badru: Family of ‘beautiful soul’ gunned down in Hackney ‘beyond heartbroken’
over murder and plead for public to help find ‘evil' killer.

'The family of an aspiring PhD student who was shot dead in the street in Hackney have paid tribute
to the young man with a “beautiful soul.” 
Abraham Badru, 26, was gunned down as he got out of a car near his family home in east London on Sunday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3496]
Abraham Badru.

Eyewitnesses described how his mother screamed with grief when she came out of her home to find her
son collapsed on the pavement.  The young man, who was given a police award for bravery as a teen after
saving a woman from a sex attack, is the son of a prominent Nigerian politician and has been described as
“brave, honest and loving”...'

Another London killing and another family in anguish.

Quote:'...His father Dolapo Badru, 62, is a member of the Nigerian House of Representatives, the country’s 360-seat
equivalent to the House of Commons...'

The political status of Mr. Badru's father caught my eye when Nigeria's current situation is taken into account.
There are Banking-debt problems there, droves of medical professionals are leaving the country due to a lack
of Government investment to employ them and there are other failings in President Buhari’s administration.

I do not know why Mr. Badru Senior's family live in Engand when he is a member of Nigeria's House of
Representatives, but it may have a bearing.

With all respect, I left out part of the Standard's article which offered further praise of Abraham Badru by his
family and friends due to it being immaterial to my point here.
The act of the UK Government and mainstream media in ignoring the cause of these killings.

Quote:'...Neighbours said Mr Badru had been to church earlier that day and was getting out of his car when he was shot.  

“As soon as I heard the bang, I knew it was a gunshot. I went to my balcony and saw a man slumped over on the
ground at the back of a car,” one said. “There was just one shot and a cry of pain. No speeding scooter and no
speeding car.”...'

An odd thing to say... no speeding scooter or speeding car?

Why mention 'scooter' a vehicle often reported in London robberies and street violence?
Is the neighbour implying that other crimes -along with the rape Abraham Badru interrupted, sometimes involved
a moped? Or could it be that the neighbour -who was aware of what a gunshot sounded like, felt that it was a
singular incident, a 'half-expected' deliberate act?

Quote:'...Mr Badru was discovered in the street suffering from gunshot wounds and died at the scene, with a later
post-mortem examination giving the cause of death as a single shotgun wound to the chest.
There have been no arrests at this stage...'

So a shotgun was used to despatch Mr. Badru and without the use of a vehicle to escape, the killer had just walked
up to the young man as he got out of his black Mercedes, fired the gun once and then fled on foot.

If one examines the location -Ferncliff Road, near an alleyway leading to Langford Close and Foxley Close on Google
maps, the road is quite long, but has areas ideal for someone wishing to disappear into the night.
If one enlarges the image provided by The Evening Standard (smaller-one below) Mr. Badru's vehicle can actually be
seen near some grey metallic fencing.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3497]

In my opinion, this wasn't 'random' as suggested by Mr. Badru's loved-ones:

Quote:'...In the moving tribute, the family call for an end of the “gun culture becoming rampant in our community”
asking “how many more families will be ripped apart with this senseless and callous crime?"...'

Granted, the initial report that came into the Police system at 11.11pm. was that 'gunshots' were heard in the
street. I would say that considering what the neigbour stated:
"As soon as I heard the bang, I knew it was a gunshot. I went to my balcony and saw a man slumped over on
the ground at the back of a car,”...' I'd suggest the true sound was of the shotgun being fired once and considering
the accuracy-via-damage potential in a shotgun cartridge depends on the spread of the pellets inside, the killer
was close to Abraham Badru.

More than one gunshot report would surely have alerted Mr. Badru and it's effect would have been seen at the crime scene.
So, I'd also suggest this was a deliberate act for reasons unknown at this time and involved someone that knew the
surroundings and knew when and where the target would be.

It could be related to the crime around that part of Dalston, East London and may have a connection with gangs.
But it wasn't random and that in itself, should be of real concern to the Police. The perception that members of the
public can administer their own punishment for whatever reasons and believe it's fair for their activities, takes us into
an entirely different paradigm than what the mainstream media wish to discuss.

In the UK, we don't have to rely on having raccoons rummaging through our trash-cans and spreading
waste everywhere, when we have Eastern European migrants doing it for us. We do have raccoons
living here in Britain and it's assumed they escaped from zoos and animal parks.

I can attest to this and unlike the North American bandit-masked long-tailed bear, it's not food the migrants
are searching for, but personal details of the dustbin's owner.
In fact, these dexterous beasts can be seen all over Europe and bring damage and mayhem to towns
and villages. Oddly enough, just like migrants!
But I digress.

Now it seems 'I am Legend' is a reality and those across the Atlantic may have to accept that the Left's requests
for the US public to give up their arms is a useless and stupid wish.

Raccoons have gone full-zombie (and you never go full-zombie)... and instead of handing over your AR-15s
(because these are the only weapons that exist in the media United States), it may be prudent to keep that
firearm close to you.

Resisting the temptation to do a Laura Dern 'Run!' -snarl from the 'Jurassic Park' movie, I think that fleeing
the country might be a good idea too. At the moment, the outbreak of Procyon lotor zombification seems to
be contained in Ohio with the use of euthanasia, but it may trickle out into surrounding States.

The suggestion of having these highly-intelligent animals patrolling the US/Mexican border in order to deter
drug cartels and illegal labourers is not an adroit one.
I mean, who carries a loft around with them for the inquisitive raccoon to destroy?

No, the terrible weapons that keep shooting humans may be the solution and let's face it, raccoons can't vote,
so what's the big-deal. I'd propose that when getting one of these critters in your cross-hairs, mutter a small
prayer. That way, David Hogg will forgive you.

Quote:Pet Owners Warned Over Rise Of Zombie' Raccoons.
The "undead" animals have been standing on their hind legs, baring their teeth and then falling over backwards.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3513]

'Dozens of calls have been made to police in Ohio after residents reported an invasion of "zombie" raccoons.
Officers in the city of Youngstown are investigating reports of the animals acting strangely in the daytime.

The usually nocturnal creatures have been seen standing on their hind legs, baring their teeth and then falling
over backwards. Photographer Robert Coggeshall said he was playing with his dogs outside his home last
week when one of the raccoons approached them.

"He would stand up on his hind legs, which I've never seen a raccoon do before, and he would show his teeth
and then he would fall over backward and go into almost a comatose condition," Mr Coggeshall told the news
agency WKBN.

That raccoon, along with 14 others that police responded to, have been euthanised.
Local officials say the animals were likely suffering from distemper - a viral disease that causes coughing, tremors,
seizures and leads raccoons to lose their fear of humans...'
SKY News:

The key to the cupboard that stores Policemen has been found and the three hundred fully-trained Officers have
been released to staunch the knife-crime in London. Or at least, that's the way mainstream media portray it as.

Is it that holiday-leave has been cancelled, which means the number of Police in the capital hasn't really risen
or is it that Officers from other areas of the country have been 'scrounged-in' with the promise of more pay?
If it's merely extra Bobbies-on-the-beat being available from the training proceedures, I'd suggest it's a remarkable
convenience!

Quote:London violence: Extra Met Police officers on patrol.

'An extra 300 Met Police officers are being deployed in areas of London worst affected by a spate of violent crime.
Six people have been killed in shootings and stabbings in the capital in the past seven days...'

The Government-funded news outlet really means "An extra 300 Met Police officers are being deployed in areas
of London for the weekend" But it doesn't have the same impact, does it?

Quote:'...Commissioner Cressida Dick denied her officers had lost control of the streets as calls have been made to make
more use of stop-and-search powers. Three boys -aged between 13 and 16 -have been charged in connection
with the serious wounding of a boy, aged 13.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3525]

The teenager, from Newham, east London, remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital after being stabbed
on Thursday -one of six non-fatal stabbings that took place between Thursday night and Friday morning in the capital.
The Home Office said stop-and-search powers should be used in a "targeted way" and was taking action to restrict
weapons...'

The latest reports in the media are that many of these stabbings are part of a game... a points-gathering game
that online youngsters are taking part in. It coulld be true, but it could also been a convenient vechicle to use for
more internet regulation-control.

Quote:'...Former Met Police Commissioner Lord Blair said it was a "sensible tactic" -but called for more funding for
neighbourhood policing. He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If you take 20% of the Met's money away,
something gives.
"This is a result, in part, of there not being enough officers visible on streets."...'

Some would add that the perception that all people walking the streets with knives is not correct and it may be
that the awkward truth is that some -a section of society that is prominent with a certain skin tone, are the major
players in this drug-selling gangland situation. However, this isn't a racial problem, it's a class situation derived from
poverty and failure of cultural assimilation

The amount of Police isn't really that big of a factor here because self-responsibility is.
Why is it that black communities believe they're targeted for stop-and-search, and white areas aren't?
Are the Police deliberately failing to take knives from white people or is it -in the majority of cases, they aren't carrying
them?

Quote:'Chill effect'
'Chief Constable Sara Thornton, the chairwoman of the National Police Chiefs' Council, said stop-and-search should
not be used randomly but could work in crime hotspots. Writing in the Daily Telegraph, she said officers were reluctant
to use the powers because of what she described as the "chill effect" of political correctness...'

'Writing in the Daily Telegraph...' Anyone here thinking that Chief Constable Sara Thornton voicing her concerns in a
newspaper will have an effect on knife-crime?!! Are London gangs of drug-selling youths purchasing The Telegraph
to see the fallout of their actions?!

Quote:'...She said policing "cannot address the social conditions that lead to violence" but while "stop and search or arrests
are not a silver bullet, they are an important tool in helping to protect the public from violent crime"...'

When Mayor Khan comes back from his well-funded speech tour of the United States, it might pay to keep him a copy
of the newspaper.

Quote:'...The rising wave of violent crime meant the number of suspected murders in London in March was higher than that
of New York. Ms Dick admitted the Met was "stretched" but said her officers were doing "everything they can" to reduce
street crime...'

Dick worrying about stretching.

Quote:'...Earlier, Ms Dick appealed for support from the public for justice to be served as it emerged the Met has opened
55 murder investigations this year. She said: "This is not an unprecedented time, but it is a very worrying time."...'
The BBC:
Oh great, I'm sure there's parts of the public that will more than just 'support' the need for justice to be served, Ms. Dick
is inadvertingly suggesting the public could administer justice themselves.

It seems Dick is being boinged backwards and forwards on this, instead of getting out and dealing with the problem.
tinywondering

Here we go again, where a so-called news outlet poorly attempts to influence Guardian readers by
implying a revived sit-com is somehow negative because it goes against a Journalist's narrative.

There may be some guidelines that need going over for those of the fourth estate that struggle with
what is reality and what isn't.

First off, it's a television show for entertaining the public and garnering advertising revenue during
things called 'commercial breaks' It's gone on for years and usually, these breaks serve as an ideal
time for an audience to make a cup of tea or nip to the bathroom.

Secondly, if a programme is aired that you don't like, there are buttons on your remote to change
a channel. It may be a little hi-tech for Journalists, but my 96 year-old mother-in-law dares to do it,
so you can too.

As a side-note, may I also state that Transformers aren't real. The Bad-guys in the shows don't really
die and Peter Falk wasn't a real homicide Detective.

It's entertainment, it's hopefully eye-candy for a guffaw and ratings. A way of keeping people in
employment and benefitting from offering wares from manufacturing companies to prospective
customers.
Got it?

This constant woe-is-me, who's-gonna-look-after-the-segregated, Trump-is-connected-to everything
keyboard drivel from the mainstream media isn't working. All it's revealing is how the same liberal
mediums have been used to steer to a voting public and recently -due to an event that in their self
-grooming brashness, they didn't see coming, is being over-used in a fit of panic.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3553]

Roseanne Barr is an actress. Someone who pretends to be someone else to entertain for money.
There are skills involved and I've heard that the good ones make lots of money and are in high
demand.

But in the world of The Guardian, this actress is seen as something more now.
Back in 2017, Lucy Mangan of The Guardian wrote:

Quote:When good TV goes bad: how Roseanne’s dream turned into a nightmare.

'The sitcom’s honest portrayal of a working-class family made it a hit for eight seasons.
Then the Connors won the lottery and everything got weird.
The implosion of Roseanne hurt. It had been so good, so funny, so groundbreaking when it first appeared
in 1988...'
SOURCE:

But now that evil Trump grabbed the White House, it's become:

Quote:Is it possible to separate Roseanne from its controversial star?

'The reboot of the family sitcom has become a monster ratings hit but the off-screen views of its lead star
continue to unsettle.

The original series of Roseanne featured gay characters, cohabiting teenagers, women rebelling against sexist
bosses and it was, for its time, shocking and progressive. It was also award-winning.

Now, it’s back on ABC for an initial eight-episode run (a second series has already been commissioned).
Why wouldn’t old fans like me herald the return of Roseanne?
The answer: Roseanne.

Roseanne Barr was known as a colorful character long before her show’s debut. But though some on the left might
have found her behavior distasteful –crotch-grabbing after singing the National Anthem badly at a baseball game,
for example –in general, she was regarded as a card-carrying, Obama-voting Hollywood liberal.

Sometimes, an extreme one: she ran for president in 2012, losing the Green Party nomination to Jill Stein.
Also in 2012, she tweeted the home address of the parents of George Zimmerman, the killer of Trayvon Martin.

But in the run-up to the release of the new show, it became apparent that Barr had changed sides.
She’s embraced Trump and expressed far right views about everything from economics to immigration.
She’s an enthusiastic retweeter (and sometimes deleter) of conspiracy theories, from Pizzagate to slurs about
Palestinians to doctored photos of school shooting survivors doing Nazi salutes.

And since the relaunch of the show, an old photoshoot of Barr dressed as Hitler baking cookies meant to represent
Jewish people has been doing the rounds again on Twitter –Barr is Jewish, and the shoot was done for the satirical
Jewish magazine Heeb in 2009, which maybe makes it slightly less antisemitic.
But it was still in unquestionably bad taste...'

So what?! It's a television show, there's lots of them. If you don't like it turn to another channel!
Jeez, the holier-than-thou attitude that Obama and Hillary have cultivated in the left has been so absorbed into
mainstream media-thinking, that it's now defined as the norm... the established way that's believed all people
perceive reality.

Like this:

Quote:'...But does all of this mean that folks who loathe everything about the current president should boycott the new
series on ethical grounds?

In 2018, Roseanne Conner, like her creator, is also a Trump supporter. But unlike Barr, her support of Trump is
driven less by belief in rightwing conspiracy and more by the belief that he’d do more for her white, working-class
Illinois family than Hillary Clinton. Does this normalize Trump supporters? Maybe...'

'Normalise'...?! A comedic sit-com that uses current political divides to entertain and hopefully acquire a large
audience. The Journalist -Jean Hannah Edelstein, is also hopeful that the reader will slip out of what the general
public accept as reality and join her in a make-believe environment where an actress and her character become
one.

Who cares what Roseanne Conner believes in? Seriously, the show is make-believe and no amount of wishful
thinking will change that. The media scoff at Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and Santa Claus, but when it comes
to writing a piece that uses another immaterial subject for a preferred agenda, then it's a quick ponder on word-play
and a browse through a sent-in summary of a show to find a way to prove a point.

And you wonder why the majority of the media were wrong about the 2016 US election!

The intelligentsia-bubble that mainstream media exists in needs to wake up and smell the dust on the hot television
valves. The eight years of Democratic governance has changed because there was an election where the public
voted for someone you didn't vote for.

Roseanne Barr -or her fictitious character is not the punchbag you should be jabbing at, it's Hillary and her awful
acting abilities.

The rest of the article can be found here.
The Guardian:

(04-07-2018, 09:46 AM)BIAD Wrote: The key to the cupboard that stores Policemen has been found and the three hundred fully-trained Officers have
been released to staunch the knife-crime in London. Or at least, that's the way mainstream media portray it as.

Is it that holiday-leave has been cancelled, which means the number of Police in the capital hasn't really risen
or is it that Officers from other areas of the country have been 'scrounged-in' with the promise of more pay?
If it's merely extra Bobbies-on-the-beat being available from the training proceedures, I'd suggest it's a remarkable
convenience!

Quote:London violence: Extra Met Police officers on patrol.

'An extra 300 Met Police officers are being deployed in areas of London worst affected by a spate of violent crime.
Six people have been killed in shootings and stabbings in the capital in the past seven days...'

The Government-funded news outlet really means "An extra 300 Met Police officers are being deployed in areas
of London for the weekend" But it doesn't have the same impact, does it?

Quote:'...Commissioner Cressida Dick denied her officers had lost control of the streets as calls have been made to make
more use of stop-and-search powers. Three boys -aged between 13 and 16 -have been charged in connection
with the serious wounding of a boy, aged 13.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3525]

The teenager, from Newham, east London, remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital after being stabbed
on Thursday -one of six non-fatal stabbings that took place between Thursday night and Friday morning in the capital.
The Home Office said stop-and-search powers should be used in a "targeted way" and was taking action to restrict
weapons...'

The latest reports in the media are that many of these stabbings are part of a game... a points-gathering game
that online youngsters are taking part in. It coulld be true, but it could also been a convenient vechicle to use for
more internet regulation-control.

Quote:'...Former Met Police Commissioner Lord Blair said it was a "sensible tactic" -but called for more funding for
neighbourhood policing. He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If you take 20% of the Met's money away,
something gives.
"This is a result, in part, of there not being enough officers visible on streets."...'

Some would add that the perception that all people walking the streets with knives is not correct and it may be
that the awkward truth is that some -a section of society that is prominent with a certain skin tone, are the major
players in this drug-selling gangland situation. However, this isn't a racial problem, it's a class situation derived from
poverty and failure of cultural assimilation

The amount of Police isn't really that big of a factor here because self-responsibility is.
Why is it that black communities believe they're targeted for stop-and-search, and white areas aren't?
Are the Police deliberately failing to take knives from white people or is it -in the majority of cases, they aren't carrying
them?

Quote:'Chill effect'
'Chief Constable Sara Thornton, the chairwoman of the National Police Chiefs' Council, said stop-and-search should
not be used randomly but could work in crime hotspots. Writing in the Daily Telegraph, she said officers were reluctant
to use the powers because of what she described as the "chill effect" of political correctness...'

'Writing in the Daily Telegraph...' Anyone here thinking that Chief Constable Sara Thornton voicing her concerns in a
newspaper will have an effect on knife-crime?!! Are London gangs of drug-selling youths purchasing The Telegraph
to see the fallout of their actions?!

Quote:'...She said policing "cannot address the social conditions that lead to violence" but while "stop and search or arrests
are not a silver bullet, they are an important tool in helping to protect the public from violent crime"...'

When Mayor Khan comes back from his well-funded speech tour of the United States, it might pay to keep him a copy
of the newspaper.

Quote:'...The rising wave of violent crime meant the number of suspected murders in London in March was higher than that
of New York. Ms Dick admitted the Met was "stretched" but said her officers were doing "everything they can" to reduce
street crime...'

Dick worrying about stretching.

Quote:'...Earlier, Ms Dick appealed for support from the public for justice to be served as it emerged the Met has opened
55 murder investigations this year. She said: "This is not an unprecedented time, but it is a very worrying time."...'
The BBC:
Oh great, I'm sure there's parts of the public that will more than just 'support' the need for justice to be served, Ms. Dick
is inadvertingly suggesting the public could administer justice themselves.

It seems Dick is being boinged backwards and forwards on this, instead of getting out and dealing with the problem.
tinywondering
Sad thing is the the police force, sorry the police service had been almost compleaty destroyed by PC. Police in Britain are chosen on skin colour and religion not on ability, IQ, or there love of the country. End result is the sickness seen all over the country.
I have written before about how the mainstream media were and are unable to allign their social perceptions
of the the people we assume they're actually reporting for. Readership is everything to a newspaper because
a wide access attracts advertising revenue just as viewership for television.

The pragmatic reality is that a media outlet doesn't give a crap whether the purchaser of their product is a priest
or a psychopath as long as that person pays the money. That might seem distasteful, but it's real.

For that box in the corner, often-worded 'hard-edged' drama and cold-coloured documentaries only go so far
and using the excuse of interest in balance, important information is overlooked for the sake of style and taste.

Take this piece from the BBC, it's click-titled 'Is Old-Fashioned British Tolerance Dead?' and may hint to some of
an article yearning for the grounded days of yore, where people were just people and their main concern was
income and rearing a family.

But because Journalism has allineated itself with the upper-middle-class and a level of prosperity, it prefers to
only dip it's toe into the environs of the working-class for the benefit of self-carressing it's false virtues and to
knowingly -or unknowingly (you decide!) assist Governments in keeping control.

Don't get me wrong, any Reporter writing or conducting a televised interview about the everyday lives of the
average person doesn't have to emotionally take on the burdens of the story, the report is about someone else
and that's why it may be of interest to others who walk in different circles.

So take the title of the BBC's Home Editor's piece and click it, the page arrives with an entirely different banner.
'Crossing Divides: Split British town fights back to foster tolerance'

The report begins with:
'The virtue of tolerance is regarded as fundamental to the British character.
We are taught that our respect for the values, ideas and beliefs of others is somehow written into our national DNA.'

The article is not only a filler because it's published on St. George's Day -the patron saint of England, but it's also
an ignorant nod towards those who have to deal with what is really going on in the streets of that and the other
countries that make up the United Kingdom.
But to London Journalists, England is the UK and by the way, I meant 'filler' because it's not time senstive.
It could have been written weeks ago.

Tolerance, the capacity to endure continued subjection to something. Some might say the adherence to a socially
-accepted point on a general moral compass. Surely something to be applauded.

The story continues about how statistics show we fare well against other European countries and again, if this was
a competition, that British tolerance would cause us to nod and possibly pat ourselves on the back.
Unless we were being gang-raped, of course!

Let's not stoop to the negative and stay with the idea that the Journalist is attempting to heal wounds in the towns he'd
never really visit because the residents probably smell funny or have a non-Eton accent.

No, we're all together on this small island and for the majority of the time, we get along. Pie and mash, curries and
Yorkshire puddings, flat-caps and sherwanis, let's all get on and here's a piccy to help us on our way.
Better yet, send a local photographer out, capture an image of mixed-race or asian females and then get him to email
it down to the capital. Yeah, what the reader doesn't know won't hurt 'em.

Some might suggest that self-accountability would go a long way to stop a group of men from trafficking young girls
for the sake of money and lust, some might say that. Unless of course, gang-raping a drugged or drunk vulnerable girl
is a traditional recreation of the British and this article is attempting to fool the reader by using pretentious words like
'tolerance' and 'bridging divides'

I think we can agree that a coordinated scheme of gang-raping semi-conscious, frightened girls isn't something that
the average British person thinks of when they ponder on British pastimes like colourful May-poles, Morris Dancers,
tending a garden allotment and deck-chairs on a chilly beach.

Accepting this article is factual, it goes on to state a British poll suggests 25% of those contacted think the country is
"very divided" and 'Unsurprisingly but unhappily, the proportion that thinks the country is not divided at all is zero.'

Maybe it's just the lasses who were subjected to the brutal rapings from the 'gangs of men of predominantly Pakistani
origin' that answered the survey who said they believed the country was very divided?
Just a suggestion.

In the mainstream media, it's better for all to skirt around the foreign-influenced cultural problem and attempt to allay fears
with hyperbole, weazel-words that don't offend and ruin the callow anti-Brexit rhetoric.
It's just a damned-shame the men who -and still are commiting these crimes weren't white and had guttural accents, then
the Journalists could really vent their outrage.

Still, the page is filled up with words and that's what counts.
(04-23-2018, 11:14 AM)BIAD Wrote: I have written before about how the mainstream media were and are unable to allign their social perceptions
of the the people we assume they're actually reporting for. Readership is everything to a newspaper because
a wide access attracts advertising revenue just as viewership for television.

The pragmatic reality is that a media outlet doesn't give a crap whether the purchaser of their product is a priest
or a psychopath as long as that person pays the money. That might seem distasteful, but it's real.

For that box in the corner, often-worded 'hard-edged' drama and cold-coloured documentaries only go so far
and using the excuse of interest in balance, important information is overlooked for the sake of style and taste.

Take this piece from the BBC, it's click-titled 'Is Old-Fashioned British Tolerance Dead?' and may hint to some of
an article yearning for the grounded days of yore, where people were just people and their main concern was
income and rearing a family.

But because Journalism has allineated itself with the upper-middle-class and a level of prosperity, it prefers to
only dip it's toe into the environs of the working-class for the benefit of self-carressing it's false virtues and to
knowingly -or unknowingly (you decide!) assist Governments in keeping control.

Don't get me wrong, any Reporter writing or conducting a televised interview about the everyday lives of the
average person doesn't have to emotionally take on the burdens of the story, the report is about someone else
and that's why it may be of interest to others who walk in different circles.

So take the title of the BBC's Home Editor's piece and click it, the page arrives with an entirely different banner.
'Crossing Divides: Split British town fights back to foster tolerance'

The report begins with:
'The virtue of tolerance is regarded as fundamental to the British character.
We are taught that our respect for the values, ideas and beliefs of others is somehow written into our national DNA.'

The article is not only a filler because it's published on St. George's Day -the patron saint of England, but it's also
an ignorant nod towards those who have to deal with what is really going on in the streets of that and the other
countries that make up the United Kingdom.
But to London Journalists, England is the UK and by the way, I meant 'filler' because it's not time senstive.
It could have been written weeks ago.

Tolerance, the capacity to endure continued subjection to something. Some might say the adherence to a socially
-accepted point on a general moral compass. Surely something to be applauded.

The story continues about how statistics show we fare well against other European countries and again, if this was
a competition, that British tolerance would cause us to nod and possibly pat ourselves on the back.
Unless we were being gang-raped, of course!

Let's not stoop to the negative and stay with the idea that the Journalist is attempting to heal wounds in the towns he'd
never really visit because the residents probably smell funny or have a non-Eton accent.

No, we're all together on this small island and for the majority of the time, we get along. Pie and mash, curries and
Yorkshire puddings, flat-caps and sherwanis, let's all get on and here's a piccy to help us on our way.
Better yet, send a local photographer out, capture an image of mixed-race or asian females and then get him to email
it down to the capital. Yeah, what the reader doesn't know won't hurt 'em.

Some might suggest that self-accountability would go a long way to stop a group of men from trafficking young girls
for the sake of money and lust, some might say that. Unless of course, gang-raping a drugged or drunk vulnerable girl
a traditional recreation of the British and this article is attempting to fool the reader by using pretentious words like
'tolerance' and 'bridging divides'

I think we can agree that a coordinated scheme of gang-raping semi-conscious, frightened girls isn't something that
is the average British person thinks of when they ponder on British pastimes like colourful May-poles, Morris Dancers,
tending a garden allotment and deck-chairs on a chilly beach.

Accepting this article is factual, it goes on to state a British poll suggests 25% of those contacted think the country is
"very divided" and 'Unsurprisingly but unhappily, the proportion that thinks the country is not divided at all is zero.'

Maybe it's just the lasses who were subjected to the brutal rapings from the 'gangs of men of predominantly Pakistani
origin' that answered the survey who said they believed the country was very divided?
Just a suggestion.

In the mainstream media, it's better for all to skirt around the foreign-influnced cultural problem and attempt to allay fears
with hyperbole, weazel-words that don't offend and ruin the callow anti-Brexit rhetoric.
It's just a damned-shame the men who -and still are commiting these crimes weren't white and had guttural accents, then
the Journalists could really vent their outrage.

Still, the page is filled up with words and that's what counts.
minusculehail  @BIAD
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
San Francisco... the darling of the West coast and a place of diversity.
A State that cares for it's people and where criminals are seen as just those lost on their paths and love of
their fellow ma... whatever you call yourself, is paramount.

Through a rainbow-coloured lens, the liberalised land where the rise of the hippie counterculture lived under
a sun that ripened the grapes in Napa Valley, it was seen by Timothy Leary as a place to go to 'drop in and
drop out'.

John Steinbeck set off from this paradise on his search for America and one wonders if the dying man was
trying to find the years before San Franscisco's moral decline or just fleeing the place.

Nancy Pelosi, the struggling-to-speak Senator often seen on the television, represents that Golden State
for the Democrats along with Scott Wiener and Jackie Speier. Of course, they uphold the freedoms of that
realm where MS-13 operate and opinions of the seventies Police Detective 'Dirty' Harry Callahan are no
longer tolerated.

San Francisco, oh how that flower in your hair has wilted.

Quote:Drug Users Take Over Corridors Of San Francisco Civic Center BART Station.

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5)
Shocking video is calling attention to what’s going on in one of the busiest BART stations in the Bay Area:
drug users blatantly shooting up out in the open as commuters walk by, others slumped along filthy corridors.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3663]

It’s a gauntlet commuters walk through every morning at the Civic Center BART and Muni station.

Regular commuter Shannon Gafford knows people have to see it to believe it. “One morning I said, ‘I got to pull
out the camera and show my friends this. They’re not going to believe it,’” he said.
And over the course of a week, Gafford documented his trip to work. His videos show dozens of people slumped
along a hallway, open IV drug use, unconscious men and women, and piles of vomit on either side of the hallways.

Some may find the video shocking. Others may find it routine.
“Every day. Every morning. 5:30 to 6 o’clock. You can see there’s dozens of them.
Needles everywhere. Crack. Heroin.”

“It’s a real concern for our riders, and we appreciate that,” said BART spokesman Chris Filippi. “But what we have
to do is make the most of the resources, the limited resources that we have.”
BART, which has been pledging to address the problem, says it’s recruiting more community service officers, more
than 30 new sworn officers and 20 new station cleaners. But will that be enough?
“The situation in our BART stations is simply unacceptable,” said San Francisco Mayor Mark Farrell. “Borders on
disastrous.”

This week, Farrell unveiled a $13 million plan to get needles –among other things –off of city streets.
But the city’s jurisdiction ends when you head down those BART stairs.
“I don’t care, at the end of the day, if now we have jurisdictional issues,” said Farrell. “As mayor, I want to get something
done, and I want to make sure these BART stations are cleaned up.”

While homeless services are offered to those in the city’s BART stations, Farrell says San Francisco police may be
needed because BART admits it is simply overwhelmed by the crisis that has landed in its hallways.
“We’re in the midst of national homelessness crisis, and we’re also in the middle of a drug crisis,” said Filippi.
“Unfortunately, as a transit agency, we have limited resources and we’re not really equipped to deal with these social issues.”

So for now, the status quo is a daily commute through a human crisis that shows no end.
“You feel bad for these people in a way. I mean, because you are human, you see them,” said Gafford.
“This isn’t going anywhere. It’s getting worse.”...'
SOURCE:

I may be a bit OT here but I have always understood that humans need to belong to there own tribe. By belonging to ones own tribe you gain strength, an identity of who you are and a strong sense of belonging some were. When people have this feeling it makes them look after there surroundings and help people around them.
Multiculturalism destroys the tribes, removes the feeling of belonging and makes it almost impossible to to have self identity. This in turn makes the people weak, makes young people turn to gangs to find a safe place where they belong and can build a self picture ( should it be positive or negative) we all need in order to gain a feeling of self.
Because of this we see the brake down of higher civilization and the higher cultures, leaving an opening for the more primitive and violent cultures to take a foot hold, this can be seen very powerfully in GB spreading out for London and other citys, and seen also in Europe.

Multiculturalism = The means by which an advance civilization and culture is subdued or destroyed in order to be replace by a primitive violent culture
(04-28-2018, 09:54 AM)Wallfire Wrote: ...Multiculturalism = The means by which an advance civilization and culture is subdued or destroyed in order to be replace by
a primitive violent culture.

A less-flowery way of putting it, Wallfire and I agree fully.

So is it a simplistic ideal from those who think we can live in harmony with those who wish us
gone from this world or a scheme to weaken higher standards of morality and social-living in
hopes of surviving the oncoming takeover with pleadings of mercy?

Will the subversion stop at a certain social class?
It should be improper of a reader to take sides when reading a mainstream article unless the sentiment is obviously
skewed to drive the reader into accepting a certain narrative and ideally, the preferred one of the writer.

But now that Journalism is scrapping against the up-and-coming news reporting from other platforms -platforms
like Rogue Nation to some extent, it does have the tendency to get 'down-and-dirty' with underhanded manipulation
of words.

So if one refrains from automatically taking an opposing side of a report or digging in one's heels to maintain a
a view that an article supports, one can see that the many countries around have different opinions on a topic.
It's that simple.

No emotive rhetoric to assist a personal political advantage, no intellective judging to maintain a class level and
no phrenic combat with hopes that a book will be better promoted. Mainstream news is in a war -not from other
outlets borne of technology, but because their self-created class structure is under siege.

If we're living in a world where news reporting has become impassioned discussions between Journalists, influencers
and pundits for a viewer or reader to be enthralled by their persuasiveness, it could mean that this profession has
lowered itself onto the stage of entertainment, where continuity takes second-place to dazzling the audience in hopes
of gathering ratings.
But in a war to win, you'll take any terrain to fight and the bag of dirty-tricks is fortified with decades of knowing how
to lie-by-ommision and perfidious fourberie.

Anyway, we'll see with this main-headline piece from the BBC. It's from a Saturday and that's relevant, the concocted
notion that news is less important on a weekend can unconsciously add to a reader's rapport with a chosen outlet.
We'll see.

Quote:Trump: Knife crime left London hospital 'like a war zone'

'US President Donald Trump has deplored London's knife crime, at the National Rifle Association's (NRA) meeting.
Lauding US gun rights, the president said he recently read that an unspecified London hospital was "like a war zone
for horrible stabbing wounds".

He also told the firearms lobby's conference in Dallas, Texas, that American gun rights were "under siege".
Mr Trump is due to visit the UK this summer, after previously cancelling a trip amid calls for mass protests...'

Ignoring the need to remind the public to protest US President Trump's visit to London in order to give mainstream 
media to report on, the above implies that he's identifying a 'unspecified London hospital' and since the name of that
medical establishment isn't said, any credit to Donald Trump's comments should be taken with a pinch of salt.

You know that Journalists believe the standard reader's attention span is around eight to ten sceonds, you know that
don't you? Well, that means any gist... any emotive message must be placed in the first paragraph for it to work.

The hospital isn't named by President Trump, therefore dear reader, it might not be true. Facts support truth.
If we accept the comment isn't true, then we can write-off anything this person says, okay?

But who's message are we seeing here...? An individual BBC Reporter's dislike for Donald Trump or a cunning use
of words to insult one area and water-down another that disturbs a narrative? If it's the latter, then what benefit would
it bring to a reader? Within that answer is the true reason why we've seen this recent turmoil in the US Presidency and
the mainstream media.
The symbiotic relationship between Journalism and Donald Trump.
Lengthen your attention span, there's more on that.

Quote:'..."I recently read a story that in London, which has unbelievably tough gun laws, a once very prestigious hospital right
in the middle is like a war zone for horrible stabbing wounds," he said on Friday.
"They don't have guns. They have knives and instead there's blood all over the floors of this hospital.

"They say it's as bad as a military war zone hospital. Knives, knives, knives, knives." He mimed a stabbing motion.
"London hasn't been used to that. They're getting used to it. It's pretty tough."

It is unclear where Mr Trump sourced his information...'

The BBC are once again, conning the reader with the use of 'nowism'
You're reading from the prestigious web page, you've been indoctrinated to believe anything reported in newspapers,
television shows and websites is factual, it must be... it would be wrong to believe anything else.

If the BBC are saying 'It is unclear where Mr Trump sourced his information', then the reader isn't supposed to ponder on
the idea that the most powerful country in the history of mankind might... just might have a security system that involves
monitoring the world around them. No, the reader is just to assume that if the BBC doesn't know which hospital President
Trump is referring to, then researchers in the White House don't know either.

That relationship I mentioned before is here, staring you in the face.
President Trump offers a viewpoint -based on acceptance that he's the President and that indoctrination society has nurtured
within you demands that he must be telling you the truth due to his standing, but he leaves out facts in order to focus on his
message.

Biased media jumps in and by revealing the lack of factual support, it nudges the reader to suggest that the man at the
podium might not be telling you the truth. Forget researchers and script-writers, forget well-versed political advisors and
data-collection systems, this gun-loving guy is talking out of his ass!

If this is true, then everything he says is a lie and the MSM is fighting-the-good-fight to remedy the situation.
No need to read on, the guy in the red tie has lost and you can go back to watching cat videos surrounded by advertisements.

But is it another mistake by Donald Trump...? Is it simply that mainstream Journalism are more astute and their ethical
backbone cannot abide such serious and simple errors? Or is it the well-worn shell-game of using controversial remarks
to agitate a willing fouth estate that assists it's dwindling monopoly?

Remember, the BBC have stated President Trump's statement source was never specified, but in the same paragraph,
the article reveals this:

Quote:'...However, a leading London trauma surgeon told BBC Radio 4 a month ago that his hospital was likened to an
Afghan war zone. The interview was the basis for a Daily Mail article.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3694]
Doc Griffiths.

Dr Martin Griffiths, who works at the Royal London Hospital, blamed knife and gun violence as he said: "We're doing
major life-saving cases on a daily basis.

"Some of my military colleagues have described their practice here as being similar to being at [Helmand province's
former Camp] Bastion." He added: "We routinely have children under our care, 13, 14, 15 years old are daily occurrences,

knife and gun wounds."...'

So is it that this article is hinting Donald Trump uses supposedly information areas like the BBC and the Daily Mail -and
therefore, such mainstream outlets are important to the US information-gathering services and should be held in regard
by the reader? Or is it that this report has inadvertently stated President Trump must be speaking the truth because MSM
never lies?

I believe it's both and both know it. 'Fake News' is news your side doesn't like. The wording is everything and an account
can be twisted for the means of the one thing both parties hold dear. Money.

Quote:'...At least 38 people in London have lost their lives to knife crime so far this year, the Met Police said.
It is not the first time Mr Trump, who will visit the UK on 13 July, has remarked on security in the UK capital.

Last year he criticised London Mayor Sadiq Khan for his handling of terrorist attacks in the city...'

Irrelevant. Mayor Khan's inability to deter terrorist attacks have no bearing on drug-related knife attacks, so why place
that comment here? Unless these crimes are terrorist-related and the BBC have not highlighted the connection.
Do you see how mainstream media flails about looking for countering discourse...?!

It's meant to be nerve-nudging, annoying reading that they hope you'll become interested in. And if you wish to continue
that interest, then 'stay tuned' -as they used to say! With all of Trump's agitating Tweets, with his argumentative comments,
surely someone around him would have noticed the verbal tennis match it creates?
I believe they do and I believe the billionaire businessman from Hollywood does too.

Quote:'...Marian Fitzgerald, a criminologist at the University of Kent, said although there had been a spike in knife-related deaths
in London, it was a separate issue to gun control.

She told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "It's just politically convenient, in a speech to the gun rights lobby, to try and
make those comparisons and they are totally spurious. She added: "If he needs reassurance, Donald Trump is going to
be much safer in London than he would be at home."...'

And she's correct, the chances of someone physically thrusting a blade into the President of the United States are very
low compared to somebody pulling a trigger of a device and sending a projectile across the space and security that stops
the use of a knife.

But that banal comment doesn't negate Trump's meaning of what he said and the seperate issues of gun-laws and recent
stabbings in London. The outcomes are the same, failure to follow certain laws result in injury and death. The fact of the person
speaking about knife crime in London and gun-laws in the US happens to have a security team around him and the general
public of London doesn't, seems to have been missed in this opportunity for the interviewed criminologist to imply Donald
Trump is being disingenuous!

Quote:'...It was Mr Trump's fourth address to the NRA and his second in office. The last president to do so was Ronald Reagan in 1983.
An estimated 80,000 people have attended this year's NRA convention in Dallas.

The lobby supported Mr Trump during his 2016 presidential election, spending over $11m (£8m) in advertisements for him,
according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

After a high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, left 17 dead in February, Mr Trump said he would "fight" the NRA on gun control.
At the time, the president appeared to support raising the age limit of purchasing rifles, closing background check loopholes and
confiscating firearms from mentally ill individuals.

The US president later said there was "not much political support".
Mr Trump instead pushed a proposal to provide firearms training to school employees.
His administration, however, has taken steps to ban bump stocks, which allow a rifle to shoot hundreds of rounds a minute...'
THE BBC:

There now, fairly unbiased reporting in the final paragraphs. The NRA supported a candidate (and others) to assist him to
get into presidency, a position that would favour their opinions.

An incident in Florida urged the US political body to do something about the amendment-right to bear arms and some work
was done to staunch similar atrocities without seriously effecting that constitutional amendment.

Ironically, there's no journalistic response on President Trump's comment of "not much political support" which might cause
the report to unveil that Democrats and Republican politicians -alike, are wary of upsetting their respective bases.

It would be easy to suggest this article is just another filler -and it is, but it's also an insight to how modern Journalism works.
Granted, reporting news shouldn't have a biasedness, but that's the world we live in today and since many aspects of this
profession involves little research and leans more towards emotive outrage, the stories offered, ask the reader to lay their
common-sense scrutiny to one side and revel in the wordplay that falsely elevates them to a self-imagined superior position.

To oppose an idea is to never purposely give it credence to it and be confident to do so, based on the facts that favour one's
own opinion. When it means that you display those facts by having to concede that the opposing party also adheres to them,
then this 'good-people/bad-people' mentality goes out of the window.

It does mean you're being noble to offer that the opposing side as contemplated and divulged these facts, but it also -thankfully,
dilutes the negativity that been bombarding the public for the last couple of years. Kanya West says it's about time we just dropped
this tribal group-think and maybe... just maybe, this article is showing hints of the vitriolic scales falling away from our eyes.

Both sides can be right and both sides can be wrong... at the same time. So don't have sides and stop allowing the mainstream
media to profit from using this juvenile emotion-engineering.
They should just report news.

Very well articulated @"BIAD".  You should be a journalist.     minusculeclap       minusculegoodjob
(05-05-2018, 07:48 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Very well articulated @"BIAD".  You should be a journalist.     minusculeclap       minusculegoodjob

Thank you.
No, I couldn't be. You see I used to clean toilets and empty trash cans for a newspaper
before I stepped up to do imagery work for the same company.

You can't jump from one class level to another under the gaze of old-style Journalists,
it implies anyone who can type can report a story!

(By the way, the BBC altered the title and added a countering opinion to that posting with
the head of trauma treatment saying Trump's comment was 'ridiculous'!)
Rewrite:
(05-05-2018, 09:04 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 07:48 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Very well articulated @"BIAD".  You should be a journalist.     minusculeclap       minusculegoodjob

Thank you.
No, I couldn't be. You see I used to clean toilets and empty trash cans for a newspaper
before I stepped up to do imagery work for the same company.

You can't jump from one class level to another under the gaze of old-style Journalists,
it implies anyone who can type can report a story!

(By the way, the BBC altered the title and added a countering opinion to that posting with
the head of trauma treatment saying Trump's comment was 'ridiculous'!)
Rewrite:

I would read your articles ANY day vs. today's so-called journalists.   Cleaning toilets and emptying garbage gives one plenty of time to "think" and see things from a different perspective... the true perspective, apparently.   tinybiggrin
(05-05-2018, 09:16 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I would read your articles ANY day vs. today's so-called journalists.
Cleaning toilets and emptying garbage gives one plenty of time to "think" and see things from a different perspective...
the true perspective, apparently.   tinybiggrin

Let's be honest, if it was current day, I'd be merely cleaning the apparatus they get their articles from!
In the last couple of years, there's been the trendy expression from certain areas of 'being woke' and
hints that we can all learn that the world is not as it seems. This perception has arisen from the use of
technology and the cynical evolution away from traditional family values.

Young and old can now broadcast their opinions from their own home and the internet has inadvertedly
allowed undeveloped and insecure thoughts to become a standard lens to evaluate a complex situation
where pragmatism and harsh reality struggle against comfortable wishing and the notion that the person
espousing their views are the innocent Percival combating a world of brooding evil.

Some people see that world as a domain that didn't exist until those -who seem to believe it, were born
and enjoy the idea that the environment we all live in is either a reconfiguration of 'The Trueman Show'
or a milder version of 'The Matrix'.

This is actually worrying. Perceiving reality through the lens of being a movie character smacks of a
juvenile comprehension of their surroundings and with the decrease of attention-span prevelant in today's
society, demands a simpler reason for something that occurs.

Added that the person feels badly regarding the ignorance of facts and through the current entitlement that
many of the recent generations have become accustomed to, the feeling of not knowing because they weren't
told, can bring a sinister quality to the creation of a particular uninformed judgement.

We even give real people's names to the villains in our imagined show. We occasionally have accomplices
who gallop in our charge to bring down the evil caitiff's castle. But it's a world that can be easily exploited by
those on the outside of the internet, the businesses that hold profit above titillating chivalry.

I'm suggesting that the mainstream media have 'cottoned-on' to this inexperience of how the world works
and used it to promote the idea that dark forces roam the fiscal land with horrible hobbies and the trend of
this Marvel-esque, bedroom-stationed Watchman, crime-fighting persona is the last hope for mankind.

Armed with the latest media reports of Oxbridge-educated old white men in Savile Row suits twisting the system
to benefit themselves and their child-abusing cohorts, YouTube is abound with young men and women flicking
their dyed-hair back and pondering how to relate their observations to their hungry subscribers.

And all the while, the original source of the story -usually put in as a link below the video, offers a multitude of
advertisements and revenue for the news outlet. 'Ten Children Abducted By Satan' and 'Buy A Mattress You'll
Never Want To Change'... which is real?

Try this one about the English Football (soccer) Premier League.

Quote:Premier League arrange fixtures so top six will not meet on first or last weekend of season as critics
blast special treatment for big clubs

*It has been revealed that specific scheduling is in place for commercial reasons 
*Premier League also guarantee that two of top-six sides play on 26 weekends  
*Fixtures are arranged as such to appeal to broadcasters and boost attendance 
*Critics argue this gives special treatment to big clubs already awash with cash 

'The Premier League ensure top six clubs do not play each other on the first or last day of the season,
it has been revealed.  This arrangement has been executed for a number of years and also ensures two
of the those elite sides lock horns on 26 weekends of the campaign. 

Fans have been kept in the dark about the Premier League's strategic scheduling, as exposed by the Times.

Critics have argued that specific planning of top-six fixtures gives big clubs special treatment with those
sides already attempting to claim a greater slice of money from overseas television rights.
Sources close to the Premier League claim the system is in place to appeal to broadcasters and boost
attendances. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3711]

There are traditionally smaller viewing figures for the opening weekend as it's during the holiday period. 
And given the fact that every match on the final weekend takes place at the same time, there is a fear that
one huge game would draw attention away from the others.

The information was disclosed in the tender document provided to broadcasters by the Premier League
for the 2019-22 time frame.  Kevin Miles, chief executive of The Football Supporters' Federation was unaware
of the arrangement but said: 'This is certainly news to us and we look forward to holding discussions with the
Premier League about the pros and cons of it.' 

The Arsenal Supporters' Trust were far more critical and a spokesman said: Every Premier League club should
be treated equally, and we do not agree with this push for them to receive a bigger share of television money. 

'The AST would like the focus of the schedule to be on organising fixtures and kick-off times that are convenient
for fans who go to matches, rather than what best suits domestic or overseas TV viewers.'...'
THE DAILY MAIL:

All the answers are in the lower-half of the article, but for the impatient Blogger and Social Justice Warrior, it's
another sign of how the system is rigged by 'The Man'. It hints at all they want to feed the conspiratorial hunger of
the star-struck naive, in the bullet points and the first paragraph.

The convoluted organising of a 'list-based' competition aligned with audience convenience, the logistics of a travelling
public, prime-time exposure for the well-paid professional footballers (remember, they have careers, not jobs) and a
maximum position to garner much-needed revenue via space-jostling advertisers... it's not as straight-foward as many
think.

But which is sexier...? A story that entices a reader with commerce intrigue and shadowy dealings or a hard-headed
evaluation of a subject that's rarely contemplated? Which one would sell better in an environment that stories like the
above promotes and supports?!

Being unaware of something doesn't mean it's being kept from you. Entitlement is the real dragon to slay.