Rogue-Nation3
Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Thread: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds (/thread-8132.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - guohua - 01-30-2022

I was reading a story about a group of people on line calling themselves "Hummers" because of the strange sounds the hear and record.
I do believe some of these sounds can be explained because of high tension lines and strong winds.
What do you think? Do you hear these sounds?

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-30-2022

Okay, so when I lived down in Texas I heard a higher pitched hum (heard a few times on video) off and on for over three years. It wasn't just me, many times I ran into a couple of other neighbors out looking for the source whenever I would be doing the same. Sometimes one of my daughters heard it as well but not always. The only people who seemed to hear it regularly were me and two different male neighbors. 

We investigated every single possibility and could find nothing to explain it. Most people never heard it, just a very small group of us (trust me, between the three of us we questioned every single person in the neighborhood). It drove us nearly insane! Then one day it just stopped and none of us heard it anymore. We never figured it out.

I do have a theory but I was never able to find any proof. I just have a gut feeling that even though the sound(s) seem to be coming from the sky that they may actually be coming from deep underground. There was no drilling or fracking going on in the area during the time of the sounds and too close to the Gulf of Mexico for anyone to be tunneling underground. I feel like the sounds are being caused by movement within the Earth, probably occurring from rare but natural causes.

I believe there is a connection (as proposed near end of video) between the "trumpets" mentioned in "Revelation" and the sounds. The "trumpets" are supposed to sound several times before an eventual "great shaking" that causes all land to be moved, mountains to be flattened and island to disappear beneath the waves. Movement within the Earth could cause a harmonic effect. We know that this has happened before (great shaking) and could very well happen again.

Sounds like the Earth could be gearing up to shake us off like a dog shakes off water.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - Ninurta - 01-31-2022

Yeah, we've heard them here. I've got video somewhere that Grace made, in the spring of 2015 I think, that has the noises on them. The ones we heard here were not constant, they were intermittent, had a rise and a fall to them where they would fall off to silence and then ramp back up again. and went on seemingly randomly for about 3 days as I recall. I never could find a logical source for them.

I've heard high tension power lines sing, but they have more of a buzzing hum that gets stronger when rain is on the way. I've also been alone out in the middle of nowhere in a mountain meadow in the spring when the bees were working all the wildflowers. Must have been millions of bees, the hum was so loud and pervasive that it sounded like the earth itself was humming.

Years and years ago, in the early 80's, I was walking home at about 10 or 11 PM one night from a visit and there was one particular spot on the trail that I could hear a mechanical "clanking" noise coming directly out of the earth right beneath my feet. It sounded like machinery running, or a tank rolling, or Kobolds hammering out swords from metal on an anvil. One step forward, and I couldn't hear it, and one step backward off of that spot, and I couldn't hear it. I could only hear it when I stood on that one exact spot. I milled around there for about half an hour trying to figure it out, but finally just shrugged and moved on. Never did find out what caused it.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - ABNARTY - 01-31-2022

I believe it is real.

Everybody has different levels of hearing ability and everything in the universe hums. 

I would extend this to feelings. Something your ears may not pick up but you feel the vibrations regardless.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - guohua - 01-31-2022

@"GeauxHomeLittleD"  and @"Ninurta" .

Sounds like you both believe there was some form a tunnelling going on under your feet.
That is a very real possibility.
Could the sounds be form caves being created or collapsing like this cave here in the article and video.
Source of crystal cave article.

I understand that our Earth has these large crystal caves everywhere.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-31-2022

(01-31-2022, 04:11 AM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD"  and @"Ninurta" .

Sounds like you both believe there was some form a tunnelling going on under your feet.
Could the sounds be form caves being created or collapsing like this cave here in the article and video.

I don't think it was tunneling in my case. There aren't even basements or storm cellars down there because it was only 25-30 miles as the crow flies to the Gulf of Mexico and basically a swamp between two rivers situated AT sea level.  I guess it could be possible but not plausible.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - Schmoe1 - 01-31-2022

My parent's house in Pennsylvania, when I was growing up there and when I visit nowadays, only at night I hear what sounds like a somewhat distant jet engine, but it's constant.  Zero pause.  I never hear it during the day even though they live on a quiet street.

(01-31-2022, 03:52 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I believe it is real.

Everybody has different levels of hearing ability and everything in the universe hums. 

I would extend this to feelings. Something your ears may not pick up but you feel the vibrations regardless.

That's a good observation. If you've ever been around explosions, and I happen to know you have, you know that you can feel them in your chest even if you can't quite hear them in your ears. There is no reason that other infrasounds would not behave similarly.

(01-31-2022, 04:11 AM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD"  and @"Ninurta" .

Those are some gorgeous caves!

In my case, I don't think there was any tunneling going on. The area where I grew up had a "karst" geology. It was limestone bedrock, and the karst factor comes in because over aeons, the action of water erodes caves out of the limestone, leaving it in a condition much like limestone honeycomb, riddled with caves all over.

It was in the eastern end of what is called "Glade Hollow", which is a valley several miles long, entirely riddled with caves. So, yes, there were hundreds, if not thousands, of underground hollow spaces. Glade hollow is known around here for having "sinkholes", which are holes that magically appear in the ground when one of those underground caves collapses. It's riddled from end to end with them. Not a good area for tunneling, because any tunnel may collapse the ground and bury the tunnelers.

The precise location of that sound is at  36°57'28.74" N  82°00'07.44" W. You can look it up on Google Earth to get an idea of the above ground terrain. I was actually leaving from a visit with a gal that I mentioned in an aging post a few minutes ago here.

The farm I grew up on actually had two cracks in the bedrock that ended at caves. One was about 5 feet long and 18 inches or so wide, about 20 feet deep, and was a disposal site for critters that died on the farm that we couldn't eat. I'd cut 'em up into pieces that would fit, and drop 'em into the hole. That had gone on for generations, and there is no telling how many or what kind of bones are on the floor of that cave. That slit shaft is the only entrance to it.

The other one was WAY below ground. The opening was only about the size of a groundhog hole, but I sat at it one day dropping stones in, and you could hear them clacking on the sides of the cave for probably 30 seconds or just a bit more before you heard them splash into water at the bottom. I would guess it to be 400 feet or a bit more deep.

I won't disclose the coordinates of those particular fissures, because you never know when you might want to drop something into them that you want to never be found.

The area also has coal mines, which could explain the clanking noises, but all the coal mines are well north of Clinch River, which that location is on the south side of. No coal in that area, so no mines. Furthermore, that karst terrain would invite mine collapses if any mines were there, so no one would have been mining it anyhow.

What strikes me is the metallic "clanging" quality of that noise. Yes, it sounded like underground machinery or a forge at work, but it would have been suicidal to tunnel there with or without machinery.

Just to the east of that area is Elk Garden, where several Indian mortuary or funerary caves have been located. Those holes in the ground have been used to dispose of bodies for a very long time. Hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of years.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - gordi - 01-31-2022

There's a strange "hum" in and around the town that I get the ferry (to my holiday flat on mysterious island) from.
We used to hear it, on occasion from the island itself too.

It's called "The Largs Hum" and the best explanation for it that I've heard (so far) was that it was first heard shortly after the main local railway line was electrified, back in the early '70's.
There is a steep hill with some cliffs directly behind this coastal town, and the worst sufferers of the Hum seem to live in the area between the railway line and the cliffs, so someone suggested that it might be an "interference pattern" of the electromagnetic waves from the electrified railway reflecting off the cliffs.
There have been lots of other suggestions too, but that one seemed fairly reasonable to me! (In this specific case!)

Stick "The Largs Hum" into your search engine if you'd like further info!

G

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - Michigan Swamp Buck - 01-31-2022

Humming noises will get my attention and I can quickly identify the classic 60 cycle hum of transformers. If I'm in a room I will go around until I find the source. I've never heard any humming I couldn't explain. Outdoor noises from a distance are always hard to identify, but I've never heard anything like humming outside (except the spring bee swarms).

I do know that the swamp transmits sound from a distance very well and I believe my slab foundation acts as a sounding board and amplifies the sounds. A truck miles away can occasionally sound like it's in my driveway.

@"Ninurta" 
Yes those cavern's are great looking and very large filled with ancient crystals.
I added that article and video here in the thread because of the crystals and how ancient those stones must be.
They say crystals can store data or information or knowledge or something.

I thought it was interesting to think that these crystal formations may have recorded Earth early sounds of life or creation and as they are heated or crushed by the Earth they release those recorded sounds of the past.
Okay, Okay, I'll take my Meds now and have a Nap!

(01-31-2022, 10:04 AM)gordi Wrote: There's a strange "hum" in and around the town that I get the ferry (to my holiday flat on mysterious island) from.
We used to hear it, on occasion from the island itself too.

It's called "The Largs Hum" and the best explanation for it that I've heard (so far) was that it was first heard shortly after the main local railway line was electrified, back in the early '70's.
There is a steep hill with some cliffs directly behind this coastal town, and the worst sufferers of the Hum seem to live in the area between the railway line and the cliffs, so someone suggested that it might be an "interference pattern" of the electromagnetic waves from the electrified railway reflecting off the cliffs.
There have been lots of other suggestions too, but that one seemed fairly reasonable to me! (In this specific case!)

Stick "The Largs Hum" into your search engine if you'd like further info!

G

That could be an explanation for my clanking noise as well. Sound reflection, interference patterns, focal points, and perhaps sound amplification and redirection facilitated by cavities in the Earth, like the sound hole in a guitar amplifies the string vibrations... or some combination of all of the above.

See, at that location, I was near the "head" of a hollow. I had mountainside to my left, to my rear, and to my front, with the "mouth" of the hollow opening to my right. About 7 miles away, beyond the mouth of the hollow, a rail line runs. It is possible that the clanking from a passing train was guided up the hollow by the shape of it, like a wave guide, and then reflected from the mountainsides, all of it focused at that single point. It's also possible that the nature of the underground caverns there acted as an amplifier like the cavity in a guitar, and sent the sound out at that single focal point, through a thin spot in the ground. The sound itself may not have been audible coming up the hollow, but the collected, focused, and amplified sound waves may have been strong enough at that one single focal point to be heard audibly.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. It seems a more reasonable explanation than the Dwarves of Niflheim forging swords in their underground caverns!

(01-31-2022, 04:52 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Humming noises will get my attention and I can quickly identify the classic 60 cycle hum of transformers. If I'm in a room I will go around until I find the source. I've never heard any humming I couldn't explain. Outdoor noises from a distance are always hard to identify, but I've never heard anything like humming outside (except the spring bee swarms).

I do know that the swamp transmits sound from a distance very well and I believe my slab foundation acts as a sounding board and amplifies the sounds. A truck miles away can occasionally sound like it's in my driveway.

A few days ago, I was sitting here when I became aware off a hum seeming to come out of the ceiling above the door to my balcony, to my right as I sit here. It bugged the hell out of me, as it sounded like an electric motor running on my balcony, and I knew damned good and well that there was not one out there. As it turned out, it was the fan motor on an electric heater I had sitting in the floor on the other side of the room. The geometry of the room just bounced the sound around until it sounded like it was coming from where it was not.

(01-31-2022, 05:32 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" 
Yes those cavern's are great looking and very large filled with ancient crystals.
I added that article and video here in the thread because of the crystals and how ancient those stones must be.

I thought it was interesting to think that these crystal formations may have recorded Earth early sounds of life or creation and as they are heated or crushed by the Earth they release those recorded sounds of the past.

That's not far fetched.

Crystals store energy, and it can be released by pressure. That is the mechanism behind piezoelectric crystals that throw a spark when a lighter is clicked, to light the fire.

Sound waves are a form of energy.

So that theory is not as far fetched as you might think.

(01-31-2022, 05:51 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 05:32 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

That's not far fetched.

Crystals store energy, and it can be released by pressure. That is the mechanism behind piezoelectric crystals that throw a spark when a lighter is clicked, to light the fire.

Sound waves are a form of energy.

So that theory is not as far fetched as you might think.

Yes, Yes, those are the correct words.
Energy Stored and released.
Sound is a form of energy.
Just a thought I had.
Thank You  tinyinlove

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - ABNARTY - 01-31-2022

(01-31-2022, 06:02 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 03:52 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I believe it is real.

That's a good observation. If you've ever been around explosions, and I happen to know you have, you know that you can feel them in your chest even if you can't quite hear them in your ears. There is no reason that other infrasounds would not behave similarly.

Exactly. You feel them. I am guessing different frequencies and amplitudes have different affects on us. 

I used to live near large power lines (can't you tell  tinylaughing  ). They did indeed have a strong "bzzzzz" easily heard. But that is just the audible portion. I imagine all that energetic vibration also resonates in the body and brain. 

You read about Bigfoot creating a sense of dread in people they can't explain. It could be that is some primal response humans have to predators.

(01-31-2022, 07:22 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Exactly. You feel them. I am guessing different frequencies and amplitudes have different affects on us. 

I used to live near large power lines (can't you tell  tinylaughing  ). They did indeed have a strong "bzzzzz" easily heard. But that is just the audible portion. I imagine all that energetic vibration also resonates in the body and brain. 

You read about Bigfoot creating a sense of dread in people they can't explain. It could be that is some primal response humans have to predators.

Any current moving through a line also generates an electromagnetic field, That is the principle behind electromagnets, and an experiment I did as a kid involving multiple wraps of bell wire around an iron nail and then connecting a battery to the wire to generate current flow confirmed that. It turned the nail into a magnet.

So along with that "buzz" from high power transmission lines, there is also a dose of electromagnetic field to contend with. It has been shown that magnetic fields can affect brain function, because after all, the brain is just a sophisticated adding machine that runs on electrical impulses surging through nerves and neurons. While you were living near one, did you happen to notice the unhealthy look of the vegetation under it? 'Nuff said.

I saw bigfoot once, over 40 years ago, and the memory has stuck with me to this day. "Sense of dread" does not begin to cover the feeling. "Scared shitless" is in the ballpark, near the entrance gate. I had a fully loaded 12 gauge pump shotgun in my hands, and would not shoot because I was afraid I might piss it off. Now whether that feeling is a function of a primal response humans have to predators, or a "feeling" generated more to protect the bigfoot than the human, is up for debate. It never made a threatening move or noise towards me to cause the fear, it just was there, for no apparent reason. So all I know for sure is that it happens, and I don't spook easy. I didn't spook easy then, either. I'd already seen crap that would make strong men puke in fear, and had, I thought, developed a tolerance... but there it was, making me shake like a dog shitting razor blades in spite of that.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - ABNARTY - 02-01-2022

(01-31-2022, 08:14 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 07:22 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Exactly. You feel them. I am guessing different frequencies and amplitudes have different affects on us. 

Any current moving through a line also generates an electromagnetic field, That is the principle behind electromagnets, and an experiment I did as a kid involving multiple wraps of bell wire around an iron nail and then connecting a battery to the wire to generate current flow confirmed that. It turned the nail into a magnet.

So along with that "buzz" from high power transmission lines, there is also a dose of electromagnetic field to contend with. It has been shown that magnetic fields can affect brain function, because after all, the brain is just a sophisticated adding machine that runs on electrical impulses surging through nerves and neurons. While you were living near one, did you happen to notice the unhealthy look of the vegetation under it?(1) 'Nuff said.

I saw bigfoot once, over 40 years ago, and the memory has stuck with me to this day. "Sense of dread" does not begin to cover the feeling. "Scared shitless" is in the ballpark, near the entrance gate. I had a fully loaded 12 gauge pump shotgun in my hands, and would not shoot because I was afraid I might piss it off. Now whether that feeling is a function of a primal response humans have to predators, or a "feeling" generated more to protect the bigfoot than the human, is up for debate.(2) It never made a threatening move or noise towards me to cause the fear, it just was there, for no apparent reason. So all I know for sure is that it happens, and I don't spook easy. I didn't spook easy then, either. I'd already seen crap that would make strong men puke in fear, and had, I thought, developed a tolerance... but there it was, making me shake like a dog shitting razor blades in spite of that.

1. I do not recall anything like that. Of course it was a long time ago and I did not pay attention to it. 

2. I agree that effect might be there to immobilize prey or just as likely to protect the predator. I don't know. With regards to your response and the subject at hand, it might simply be a direct triggering of something in our brain. It directly presses the fear button and bypasses everything else. That would indeed leave one feeling confused over the level of fear felt.

RE: Hummers, Those Strange Sounds - guohua - 03-23-2022

Bump, Bump.
I would like to bump this thread, those Crystal Caves just keep coming back to me.