Rogue-Nation3
Win10 and Firefox - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Technology and Advancements (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-61.html)
+--- Forum: Computers, Internet and the Digital World (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-62.html)
+--- Thread: Win10 and Firefox (/thread-7424.html)

Win10 and Firefox - F2d5thCav - 04-11-2021

I've been having issues with my laptop (Win10) suddenly having 100% load on the hard disk drive.  (As reported by Task Manager).

Tracked it down to Firefox.

Firefox doesn't do behave that way all the time, but there are instances where it somehow loads the drive access and really slows down the entire computer.

FYI for those who use Firefox.

If anyone knows of a good, secure browser that isn't a microsoft or google product, please advise.

Thanks and Cheers

RE: Win10 and Firefox - gordi - 04-11-2021

I used Firefox all the time until I too started having issues with it.
I've since switched to OPERA and that seems to be OK, but I don't know too much about the background workings of it!
It does have a built-in VPN which I like (when it works!! LOL) and overall the browser seems to function quite well apart from when playing videos from Social Media, when it sometimes just won't comply! (I'm guessing that's THEM trying to make us switch to Chrome or some-such?

G

RE: Win10 and Firefox - F2d5thCav - 04-11-2021

Thanks @"gordi"   tinybiggrin

Seems Firefox is not what it used to be.

Cheers

RE: Win10 and Firefox - hounddoghowlie - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 07:44 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I've been having issues with my laptop (Win10) suddenly having 100% load on the hard disk drive.  (As reported by Task Manager).

Tracked it down to Firefox.

Firefox doesn't do behave that way all the time, but there are instances where it somehow loads the drive access and really slows down the entire computer.

FYI for those who use Firefox.

If anyone knows of a good, secure browser that isn't a microsoft or google product, please advise.

Thanks and Cheers

i switched to brave. not as slick as firefox or others, and takes getting use to. and it has some built in features  it's kinda old school as far as setting it up. 
but it doesn't load up the CPU or burn up memory as bad.

my understanding is it's based off chrome and uses chrome extinctions.

RE: Win10 and Firefox - GeauxHomeLittleD - 04-11-2021

When I finally had to switch to Windows 10 I ended up having to leave Firefox behind as well. I always loved Firefox before but it was just too glitchy after the Windows upgrade. 

I don't have a tested alternative for you though, I use Google Chrome, but Kdog probably knows a few- he uses different browsers for different things. I'll ask him when he wakes up. 

RE: Win10 and Firefox - Moonmagic - 04-11-2021

Run Firefox in safe mode, see if that makes it drop.

It's probably due to an add on you use, even the recommended ones can cause trouble from time to time, if it drops in safe mode disable add ons and try them one by one to see which is the culprit.

RE: Win10 and Firefox - F2d5thCav - 04-11-2021

Thanks all, good comments.  tinybiggrin

Cheers

RE: Win10 and Firefox - Mystic Wanderer - 04-11-2021

I switched from FF to the Brave browser.  I like it just fine.