Rogue-Nation3
Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: World Health Matters (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: Physical Health (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-67.html)
+--- Thread: Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc (/thread-7371.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc - drussell41 - 04-01-2021

I started taking these prophylactically for COVID-19 (already taking C and D).   What I didn't expect was that it would help with long-term nasal and sinus congestion that they really can't clear up.   I'm 98 percent sure I don't have covid (no cough, no fever, sense of taste/smell intact, etc).   This stuff is working against allergies and/or low-grade sinus infection.   It was getting worse....feeling like it was starting to creep downward....but now I'm breathing better than I ever do (except if an ENT has just removed antihistamine-soaked pads from nose).   I'm surprised and amazed.   Of course, it could all just be a happy fluke, but maybe not.  

Anyone know anything about these substances and the respiratory tract apart from covid?

RE: Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc - Mystic Wanderer - 04-01-2021

Out of the three you mentioned, I only have zinc on hand. I know about Quercetin, but I don't have any.

I'll have to buy the other two because my allergies and sinuses go haywire in the spring from all the pollen here. 

Where did you buy yours?  Do I need a prescription?

RE: Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc - Ninurta - 04-01-2021

Bromeliane is effective against inflammations. It helps with things like joint pain caused by inflammation, so it may be working against inflamed nasal/sinus tissue to make breathing freer. It can be gotten from fresh pineapple, and some other members of the bromeliad family of plants.

I ran into some uses and indications for Quercetin a few weeks ago, but don't recall them at the moment, and will have to refresh on that substance. I do recall that it can be gotten from the bark of some particular trees.

Zinc I know practically nothing about, other than it is a metal, and is taken to alleviate colds and flus, which covid and presumable nasal/sinus trouble can sometimes mimic. Since I don't eat metals as a general rule, my zinc intake is probably not what it should be.

Here is some information on quercetin. As it turns out, my memory was faulty, and it can be got from quite  few sources. All I recalled was trees of the Quercus genus.

Quote:Quercetin is a plant pigment (flavonoid). It is found in many plants and foods, such as red wine, onions, green tea, apples, berries, Ginkgo biloba, St. John's wort, American elder, and others. Buckwheat tea has a large amount of quercetin. People use quercetin as a medicine.

Quercetin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects which might help reduce inflammation, kill cancer cells, control blood sugar, and help prevent heart disease.

(04-01-2021, 07:42 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Bromeliane is effective against inflammations. It helps with things like joint pain caused by inflammation, so it may be working against inflamed nasal/sinus tissue to make breathing freer. It can be gotten from fresh pineapple, and some other members of the bromeliad family of plants.

I ran into some uses and indications for Quercetin a few weeks ago, but don't recall them at the moment, and will have to refresh on that substance. I do recall that it can be gotten from the bark of some particular trees.

Zinc I know practically nothing about, other than it is a metal, and is taken to alleviate colds and flus, which covid and presumable nasal/sinus trouble can sometimes mimic. Since I don't eat metals as a general rule, my zinc intake is probably not what it should be.

Here is some information on quercetin.

Zinc is needed to open the cells to allow the other "medicines" to enter, according to my research. I only take one tablet every other day to avoid getting too much in my system.

For those looking for HCQ, if your doctor won't prescribe it, you can get it online from " Frontline Doctors". They charge $90, but if you can afford it, it's probably good to keep some on hand.

Quote:https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/

RE: Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc - drussell41 - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 07:41 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Out of the three you mentioned, I only have zinc on hand. I know about Quercetin, but I don't have any.

I'll have to buy the other two because my allergies and sinuses go haywire in the spring from all the pollen here. 

I got it from Amazon.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NRYTPM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should really look for another source, given how despicable they are.

(04-01-2021, 07:48 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Zinc is needed to open the cells to allow the other "medicines" to enter, according to my research. I only take one tablet every other day to avoid getting too much in my system.

The quercetin is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, so those taken with the bromelaine indicates to me that they may be working against a nasal inflammation in the OP's case, and they may work against your hay fever as well, as I believe much of that is a result of inflammation brought about by pollen grain irritation of soft tissues in nasal passages and sinuses.

(04-01-2021, 07:55 PM)drussell41 Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 07:41 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Out of the three you mentioned, I only have zinc on hand. I know about Quercetin, but I don't have any.

I got it from Amazon.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NRYTPM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you.  Yeah, I like to avoid Amazon. I'll check with my health store first. If they don't have it, then Amazon it is.

ETA:  Oh, I see this bottle comes with both ingredients.  I may just go ahead and order some now. I'll check with my store later. I can use the bottle to show them what I'm looking for.

(04-01-2021, 07:42 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Bromeliane is effective against inflammations. It helps with things like joint pain caused by inflammation, so it may be working against inflamed nasal/sinus tissue to make breathing freer. It can be gotten from fresh pineapple, and some other members of the bromeliad family of plants.

Here is some information on quercetin. As it turns out, my memory was faulty, and it can be got from quite  few sources. All I recalled was trees of the Quercus genus.

Quote:Quercetin is a plant pigment (flavonoid). It is found in many plants and foods, such as red wine, onions, green tea, apples, berries, Ginkgo biloba, St. John's wort, American elder, and others. Buckwheat tea has a large amount of quercetin. People use quercetin as a medicine.

Quercetin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects which might help reduce inflammation, kill cancer cells, control blood sugar, and help prevent heart disease.

Thanks so much!  If they ever got froggy and ban supplements, I'll look for buckwheat tea.   I've been having quite a bit of green tea since around Feb 2020 when AMDEDDOC (?) mentioned it.   It may have made my renal values better.  Post transplant nurse commented on it, and nothing had changed except for green tea intake.

Based on my own experience, I'd say it's a very good anti-inflammatory.   Not so much for joint damage, but it seems to really work well in soft tissues.

(04-01-2021, 07:55 PM)drussell41 Wrote:

It can also be got from GNC and Walmart, Prices seem to vary widely, so Google it and look at the top line of vendors for an idea on other sources.

[quote pid='65480' dateline='1617302911']

Zinc is needed to open the cells to allow the other "medicines" to enter, according to my research. I only take one tablet every other day to avoid getting too much in my system.
[/quote]

Yeah, I get 10 mg in my daily multivitamin, so I divide a 30mg capsule in two to get it closer to the recommended prophyaxis amount (20 or 25 mg, can't remember now).

(04-01-2021, 08:01 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Thanks so much!  If they ever got froggy and ban supplements, I'll look for buckwheat tea.   I've been having quite a bit of green tea since around Feb 2020 when AMDEDDOC (?) mentioned it.   It may have made my renal values better.  Post transplant nurse commented on it, and nothing had changed except for green tea intake.

Based on my own experience, I'd say it's a very good anti-inflammatory.   Not so much for joint damage, but it seems to really work well in soft tissues.

Bromelian should help some with joint pain if you have it. It acts on the soft tissues in the joints, which get inflamed and are the source of most of the pain of things like arthritis and rheumatism. Natural sources are primarily fresh pineapple. has to be fresh, as cooking it or heating it during canning damages the structure of the bromelian. The problem with that which I have found is that pineapples seem to stay green forever, and when they ripen, it's only a for a few hours before they go to rotten.

I guess timing is everything!

So the suppliments may be just the way to go.

(04-01-2021, 07:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: For those looking for HCQ, if your doctor won't prescribe it, you can get it online from " Frontline Doctors". They charge $90, but if you can afford it, it's probably good to keep some on hand.

Quote:https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/

Thanks!  Good to know.

(04-01-2021, 08:08 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 08:01 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Thanks so much!  If they ever got froggy and ban supplements, I'll look for buckwheat tea.   I've been having quite a bit of green tea since around Feb 2020 when AMDEDDOC (?) mentioned it.   It may have made my renal values better.  Post transplant nurse commented on it, and nothing had changed except for green tea intake.

Bromelian should help some with joint pain if you have it. It acts on the soft tissues in the joints, which get inflamed and are the source of most of the pain of things like arthritis and rheumatism. Natural sources are primarily fresh pineapple. has to be fresh, as cooking it or heating it during canning damages the structure of the bromelian. The problem with that which I have found is that pineapples seem to stay green forever, and when they ripen, it's only a for a few hours before they go to rotten.

I guess timing is everything!

So the suppliments may be just the way to go.

I hope this helps with my RA and OA. I take other things, but always looking for something better it seems. This rainy season doesn't help a thing!

Just ordered my bottle from Amazon. 
You know you're old when you get excited about trying a new "drug" for pain.   tinylaughing

(04-01-2021, 08:17 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I hope this helps with my RA and OA. I take other things, but always looking for something better it seems. This rainy season doesn't help a thing!

You know you're old when you get excited about trying a new "drug" for pain.   tinylaughing

Yeah, rainy season sucks for joint pain. What happens is that as the barometric pressure outside your body drops, your internal pressure stays the same, or inflammation increases it, so you get relatively more pressure pushing out from your joints than you have outside pressure pushing in, and that allows them to get out of balance, swell, and inflame. that is why people develop "weather knees" that tell them when falling weather is coming. It's real, and tied to fluctuations in barometric pressure as weather changes.

Bromelian should help with that by reducing the inflammation, the swelling trying to push out from inside.

If you get these, lmk how it works with your allergies.   Could help us distinguish whether it helps with allergies or low-grade infection.

(04-01-2021, 08:17 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I hope this helps with my RA and OA. I take other things, but always looking for something better it seems. This rainy season doesn't help a thing!

Yeah, I know.  :)   

It doesn't seem to be helping with my OA.  I hope it helps, tho.

(04-01-2021, 09:13 PM)drussell41 Wrote:

If you get these, lmk how it works with your allergies.   Could help us distinguish whether it helps with allergies or low-grade infection.

Will do.   minusculethumbsup

RE: Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc - VioletDove - 04-02-2021

I’ve taken quercetin it really seemed to help my sinuses. My mom has had great results taking it. She had drainage all the time and it has stopped. 

I’m glad to read about bromelain. I’m going to order some. I’ve tried just about everything else for my joint pain. The last was a turmeric and boswellia combo. I only took it once a day though because that’s what the bottle said and I’m not sure how much you can really take. It helps but only for a few hours.

RE: Quercetin, Bromelain and Zinc - ABNARTY - 04-02-2021

Sorry. I can't help you in the pharmaceutical stuff.

But I am glad to hear you are feeling better  tinybiggrin