Rogue-Nation3
Oh for parity sake! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: America's President D. Trump (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-113.html)
+--- Thread: Oh for parity sake! (/thread-5958.html)

Oh for parity sake! - Antisthenes - 07-31-2020

Cuz' if you doht laugh, you cry... tinybiggrin

RE: Oh for parity sake! - beez - 07-31-2020

(07-31-2020, 03:23 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Cuz' if you doht laugh, you cry... tinybiggrin

tinysure

RE: Oh for parity sake! - MisterSpock - 07-31-2020

I'm so excited to vote for the first time in my life this year.

It's videos like this, that make me dream of walking into that booth.......and changing the world.

Running Hard R right down that ticket.

tinybiggrin

RE: Oh for parity sake! - beez - 07-31-2020

(07-31-2020, 03:46 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: I'm so excited to vote for the first time in my life this year.

It's videos like this, that make me dream of walking into that booth.......and changing the world.

tinybiggrin

I live in Oregon and it's all mail-in ballots.

So someone has probably already voted for me. tinyok

RE: Oh for parity sake! - Antisthenes - 07-31-2020

(07-31-2020, 03:46 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: I'm so excited to vote for the first time in my life this year.

tinybiggrin

I was to happy to spend four years in the Armed Forces to protect your right to do just that! Thank you for being excited to exercise your right to vote your heart and mind.

RE: Oh for parity sake! - guohua - 07-31-2020

I didn't watch the entire video, I know it was a hit piece when the said his family was in the W H and then they mentioned the Wall.
The Wall is being built and Illegals are being detained and I'm Voting for Trump, Why? He is not a Politician but a Businessman.
We don't need a Politician in the W H.

RE: Oh for parity sake! - Mystic Wanderer - 07-31-2020

[Image: 116632437_10217362594924919_384691938584...e=5F485F50]

RE: Oh for parity sake! - Ninurta - 08-01-2020

Yeah, it was a hit piece, but I liked it. It's an excellent study in propaganda - chock full of untruths, half-truths, and "spun" truths like all of the best propaganda is. 

I'll have to check into this "Lincoln Project", and find out who they are producing propaganda for. I think it is very aptly named, however - when Lincoln was a Republican, Republicans identified THEMSELVES as "radicals", and had a heavily Marxist agenda... and this was when Marxism was fairly new, and hadn't been tested anywhere yet. The Civil War and Reconstruction was the first major test of it, and it was so successful that it strengthened their resolve to try it in other places.

So, with a name like that, and the slant placed into this propaganda piece, I'm guessing they are either propagandists for US "Progressives", OR the CCP.

Time will tell.

RE: Oh for parity sake! - Mystic Wanderer - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 05:47 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Yeah, it was a hit piece, but I liked it. It's an excellent study in propaganda - chock full of untruths, half-truths, and "spun" truths like all of the best propaganda is. 

I'll have to check into this "Lincoln Project", and find out who they are producing propaganda for. I think it is very aptly named, however - when Lincoln was a Republican, Republicans identified THEMSELVES as "radicals", and had a heavily Marxist agenda... and this was when Marxism was fairly new, and hadn't been tested anywhere yet. The Civil War and Reconstruction was the first major test of it, and it was so successful that it strengthened their resolve to try it in other places.

So, with a name like that, and the slant placed into this propaganda piece, I'm guessing they are either propagandists for US "Progressives", OR the CCP.

Time will tell.

Quote:The Lincoln Project

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several prominent current and former Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the United States Senate. In April 2020, the committee announced their endorsement of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.Wikipedia

tinyok

RE: Oh for parity sake! - Ninurta - 08-02-2020

(08-01-2020, 05:56 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several prominent current and former Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the United States Senate. In April 2020, the committee announced their endorsement of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.Wikipedia

tinyok

So they ARE Leftists - of the Neocon variety. I believe it was Irving Kristol who once said that Neocons were nothing more than disenchanted leftists. He should know, as one of the founders of Neoconservatism. The hostile Neocon takeover of the Republican Party in the 1990's is the precise reason I left the Republican Party. They are at heart Marxists, Globalists, Progressives - pick your term, as those are all eggs in the same totalitarian basket. It has become disheartening that the newer generation grew up under Necon Republicans, and think that Neoconservaitsm is the stance of "Classic Conservatives" now - it is not. It's only been a "thing" since the late 60's or early 70's, and only a Big thing" since the 1990's. Before that, Conservatives were... conservative, not "progressive".

Being Neocons means they are closet Progressives, and are as likely as the DNC to be in a CCP pocket. It's not a wonder that they endorsed Biden, especially considering his hard swing towards Marxism.

RE: Oh for parity sake! - Antisthenes - 08-02-2020

(08-02-2020, 01:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 05:56 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

tinyok

So they ARE Leftists - of the Neocon variety. I believe it was Irving Kristol who once said that Neocons were nothing more than disenchanted leftists. He should know, as one of the founders of Neoconservatism. The hostile Neocon takeover of the Republican Party in the 1990's is the precise reason I left the Republican Party. They are at heart Marxists, Globalists, Progressives - pick your term, as those are all eggs in the same totalitarian basket. It has become disheartening that the newer generation grew up under Necon Republicans, and think that Neoconservaitsm is the stance of "Classic Conservatives" now - it is not. It's only been a "thing" since the late 60's or early 70's, and only a Big thing" since the 1990's. Before that, Conservatives were... conservative, not "progressive".

Being Neocons means they are closet Progressives, and are as likely as the DNC to be in a CCP pocket. It's not a wonder that they endorsed Biden, especially considering his hard swing towards Marxism.

Actually, the only thing the members of the Lincoln Project have in common is a deep and abiding disgust and revulsion for President Trump, AG Barr and the palpable festering fealty of the Republican Senate.

(08-02-2020, 02:14 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Actually, the only thing the members of the Lincoln Project have in common is a deep and abiding disgust and revulsion for President Trump, AG Barr and the palpable festering fealty of the Republican Senate.

Indeed. I don't doubt it a bit. Trump and actual conservatives are derailing their Globalist train, and that just seems to send them into paroxysms. They were SO close to world domination they could taste it, and if Trump gains another 4 years, that will have all been for nought. The US was one of the last dominos standing, and it was only weakly withstanding the assault.

That seems to have changed a bit. No wonder they started howling at the moon immediately upon his election! There is no doubt in my mind that is the very reason they set about their obstructionist course from even before the inauguration.

"Orange Man Bad", eh?

(08-02-2020, 02:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 02:14 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Actually, the only thing the members of the Lincoln Project have in common is a deep and abiding disgust and revulsion for President Trump, AG Barr and the palpable festering fealty of the Republican Senate.

Indeed. I don't doubt it a bit. Trump and actual conservatives are derailing their Globalist train, and that just seems to send them into paroxysms. They were SO close to world domination they could taste it, and if Trump gains another 4 years, that will have all been for nought. The US was one of the last dominos standing, and it was only weakly withstanding the assault.

That seems to have changed a bit. No wonder they started howling at the moon immediately upon his election! There is no doubt in my mind that is the very reason they set about their obstructionist course from even before the inauguration.

"Orange Man Bad", eh?

I fear you've made a miscalculation. I hate all Politicians. Cheeto holds no special place in my bowels.

(08-02-2020, 03:06 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I fear you've made a miscalculation. I hate all Politicians. Cheeto holds no special place in my bowels.

Never be afraid. I don't bite, I just nibble a bit here and there, and I never miscalculate. I think Trump has fairly well proven over and over again that he's no politician.

(08-02-2020, 04:17 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 03:06 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I fear you've made a miscalculation. I hate all Politicians. Cheeto holds no special place in my bowels.

Never be afraid. I don't bite, I just nibble a bit here and there, and I never miscalculate. I think Trump has fairly well proven over and over again that he's no politician.

True enough....but a mouth breather all the same....and I would never fear you tinyinlove
I can see you're a cuddly Teddy Bear.

(08-02-2020, 04:29 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:

True enough....but a mouth breather all the same....and I would never fear you tinyinlove

I dunno about cuddly, but I AM pretty fuzzy!  tinylaughing

I'm not real big on politicians myself. Clinton sucked, both the the Bush Boys sucked, and Obama sucked. I think at least a part of the political and social problems in America is that we have been being run by politicians for so long now. They seem, to me, to have been steering the US along a course of political expediency rather than one of national survival.

(08-02-2020, 04:44 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 04:29 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:

I dunno about cuddly, but I AM pretty fuzzy!  tinylaughing

I'm not real big on politicians myself. Clinton sucked, both the the Bush Boys sucked, and Obama sucked. I think at least a part of the political and social problems in America is that we have been being run by politicians for so long now. They seem, to me, to have been steering the US along a course of political expediency rather than one of national survival.

Sad and oh so true. Nihilism and sociopathy seem to be the leading qualities for a career as a steward of the people. Proving the maxim that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Humans and the power to hold sway seem to be a volatile mix. I have no answers other than to stand at the side of the fan once they begin tossing their BS at it.

(08-02-2020, 05:38 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Sad and oh so true.  Nihilism and sociopathy seem to be the leading qualities for a career as a steward of the people. Proving the maxim that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Humans and the power to hold sway seem to be a volatile mix. I have no answers other than to stand at the side of the fan once they begin tossing their BS at it.

I have a solution, but no idea how to implement it. The simplest solution is "no more career politicians in government". Term limits on Congress (president already has them), and allow congress to meet a maximum of 3 months per calendar year, the balance of the year to be spent at their real jobs so that they are still up on developments in their jobs when their end of their second term expires. Thereafter barred from seeking political office, and no lifetime pensions or perks for former government officials - once your second term is done, you're done with governing or being paid NOT to govern.

An end to professional lobbying. Not reform, not oversight, an END to it. Prison terms for even the attempt.

(08-02-2020, 11:10 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 05:38 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Sad and oh so true.  Nihilism and sociopathy seem to be the leading qualities for a career as a steward of the people. Proving the maxim that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Humans and the power to hold sway seem to be a volatile mix. I have no answers other than to stand at the side of the fan once they begin tossing their BS at it.

I have a solution, but no idea how to implement it. The simplest solution is "no more career politicians in government". Term limits on Congress (president already has them), and allow congress to meet a maximum of 3 months per calendar year, the balance of the year to be spent at their real jobs so that they are still up on developments in their jobs when their end of their second term expires. Thereafter barred from seeking political office, and no lifetime pensions or perks for former government officials - once your second term is done, you're done with governing or being paid NOT to govern.

An end to professional lobbying. Not reform, not oversight, an END to it. Prison terms for even the attempt.

Brilliant plan. I can find zero fault in any of it, anywhere.
I have often pondered just that and I absolutely LOVE it. Politics should not be a career.
It attracts narcissists and greedheads. The problem is the one of "how". Congress is always happy to vote themselves a raise yet never votes for their term limits. The rub lies in the fact that the convicts are running the prison. Your plan will never work because the gatekeepers are those within it's confines. Now if you can create a plan for prying the crypt open and removing the corpses so we can exterminate and begin again? I am in. Short of a bloody revolution, I can't see how we get it done. But, thank you. It's fun snd enervating to imagine a functioning body politic.

RE: Oh for parity sake! - Snarl - 08-03-2020

(08-02-2020, 11:10 AM)Ninurta Wrote: An end to professional lobbying. Not reform, not oversight, an END to it. Prison terms for even the attempt.

Chain gang.  Outside ... every day ... swing the scythe ... or he gets ...