Rogue-Nation3
No Election in November? - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Political News and more (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: No Election in November? (/thread-5953.html)

Pages: 1 2

No Election in November? - Mystic Wanderer - 07-30-2020

President Trump did the ultimate troll on the media this morning when he tweeted out the following:

Quote:[/url][Image: kUuht00m_bigger.jpg]

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump

With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

8:46 AM · Jul 30, 2020

All the MSM and Twitter was set on fire with tweets and articles from the Left losing their minds.   tinylaughing
"He can't do this!"  "There it is, he's going to become the dictator, just as we said!" 

Blah, blah, blah.   minusculebiggrin 

Tim Cast was quick to follow with a Twitter post telling them the President absolutely CAN do this:

Quote:[Image: xUqpSCM4_bigger.jpg]

Tim Pool@Timcast
[url=https://twitter.com/Timcast]
·
This was written in 2007 about Directive 51 Specifically questioning the legal authority of ED51 and the President's ability to postpone elections due to a catastrophe https://slate.com/human-interest

According to Directive 51, the POTUS has every right to postpone anything government-related if it poses a threat to the public. I'd say this "pandemic" would qualify.
He also needs to make sure the people get a fair and just outcome/count from the election, and mail-in voting makes it too easy to cheat. 

This is just typical trolling by Trump.

Calm down.  minusculechairshot

He probably just needed to keep the media busy while they go out and do some business for America without having them there to twist the narrative.

Or...

He is forcing the Left to stop pushing mail-in voting and agree to going to the polls. If they don't give in, I wouldn't be surprised if he did go through with this.

RE: No Election in November? - Antisthenes - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 07:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: President Trump did the ultimate troll on the media this morning when he tweeted out the following:

With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

All the MSM and Twitter was set on fire with tweets and articles from the Left losing their minds.   tinylaughing
"He can't do this!"  "There it is, he's going to become the dictator, just as we said!" 

Tim Cast was quick to follow with a Twitter post telling them the President absolutely CAN do this:

Tim Pool@Timcast
·
This was written in 2007 about Directive 51 Specifically questioning the legal authority of ED51 and the President's ability to postpone elections due to a catastrophe https://slate.com/human-interest

According to Directive 51, the POTUS has every right to postpone anything government-related if it poses a threat to the public. I'd say this "pandemic" would qualify.
He also needs to make sure the people get a fair and just outcome/count from the election, and mail-in voting makes it too easy to cheat. 

He probably just needed to keep the media busy while they go out and do some business for America without having them there to twist the narrative.

Congress determines when elections are held. I suspect Nov. 3rd will be the date. This year. Much to the chagrin of the President.

RE: No Election in November? - Mystic Wanderer - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 08:07 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 07:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: President Trump did the ultimate troll on the media this morning when he tweeted out the following:

Tim Pool@Timcast
·

Congress determines when elections are held. I suspect Nov. 3rd will be the date.   This year. Much to the chagrin of the President.

That Directive 51 link seems to say otherwise.

Regardless, I think this is President Trump's way of giving the media some hysteria to talk about while other things are going on in the background.

(07-30-2020, 08:15 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:07 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:

Tim Pool@Timcast
·

Congress determines when elections are held. I suspect Nov. 3rd will be the date.   This year. Much to the chagrin of the President.

That Directive 51 link seems to say otherwise.

Regardless, I think this is President Trump's way of giving the media some hysteria to talk about while other things are going on in the background.

Yes.... I agree with your latter point. His adolescent and churlish proclivities seem boundless.

RE: No Election in November? - Sol - 07-30-2020

Thank God for President Trump.

News would have no news whatsoever to talk about if it wasn't for him.

He's the gift that keeps on giving LOL

*This has been a non democratic / non republican post...

RE: No Election in November? - Snarl - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 09:14 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: His adolescent and churlish proclivities seem boundless.

-gasp- That's no way to talk about your President. tinybiggrin

(07-30-2020, 10:02 PM)Sol Wrote: He's the gift that keeps on giving LOL

Okay ... I'll give you that one as a technical medical diagnosis.   tinylaughing

But I was ready!!
[Image: Unknown-1.jpg][Image: Unknown.jpg]

Love this reply on Twitter!   tinylaughing 

Quote:[/url][Image: INi8CN2y_bigger.jpg]
[url=https://twitter.com/Likeshesays]

Denise @Likeshesays

The election should be pushed back 4 years. The President should be allowed to "Reclaim his time". RT if you agree!

You'll know what that's about if you watched the hearing with A.G. Barr the other day.   tinysure

(07-30-2020, 10:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Love this reply on Twitter!   tinylaughing 
Quote:The election should be pushed back 4 years. The President should be allowed to "Reclaim his time". RT if you agree!
You'll know what that's about if you watched the hearing with A.G. Barr the other day.   tinysure

I wish he'd tweet out something like, "What number comes after 45?"

And then leave everyone guessing!!  Hell ... if I was the POTUS I'd pull stunts like that just to keep people cracking up.

(07-30-2020, 10:02 PM)Sol Wrote: Thank God for President Trump.

News would have no news whatsoever to talk about if it wasn't for him.

He's the gift that keeps on giving LOL

I suppose as long as the Circus and Carnivals are shut down, there is a point to be made here. On the other hand.... minusculebonker

(07-30-2020, 10:22 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 09:14 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: His adolescent and churlish proclivities seem boundless.

Sorry, my liquor cabinet is bare and payday isn't till tomorrow. My last good nerve got fried yesterday. minusculebiggrin

RE: No Election in November? - Sol - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 10:27 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 10:02 PM)Sol Wrote: He's the gift that keeps on giving LOL

Okay ... I'll give you that one as a technical medical diagnosis.   tinylaughing

But I was ready!!
[Image: Unknown-1.jpg][Image: Unknown.jpg]

OK. THAT was below the belt! tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

RE: No Election in November? - beez - 07-30-2020

There will be an election.

There will be votes.

Biden will win because they aren't going to make that mistake again and actually let the electorate decide.

tinyok

(07-30-2020, 11:49 PM)beez Wrote: There will be an election.

There will be votes.

Biden will win because they aren't going to make that mistake again and actually let the electorate decide.

tinyok

@"beez", and if I say you are wrong, which one of us is right?   minusculethinking

RE: No Election in November? - xuenchen - 07-31-2020

MSM totally triggered and Trump never said he had the power or was going to "postpone" the election !
tinylaughing tinylaughing

[Image: triggered03.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: No Election in November? - Freija - 07-31-2020

Geez! One side thinks the whole pandemic thing is a hoax and doesn't want to wear masks and such but now wants to use the whole pandemic thing as an excuse to delay the election?

I wish people would make up their goddamn minds.

(this post is apolitical. I'm just confused)

RE: No Election in November? - Mystic Wanderer - 07-31-2020

(07-31-2020, 12:04 AM)Freija Wrote: Geez! One side thinks the whole pandemic thing is a hoax and doesn't want to wear masks and such but now wants to use the whole pandemic thing as an excuse to delay the election?

I wish people would make up their goddamn minds.

(this post is apolitical. I'm just confused)

Trump is just using their absurd talking points against them (concerning the virus).

RE: No Election in November? - beez - 07-31-2020

(07-30-2020, 11:51 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:49 PM)beez Wrote: There will be an election.

There will be votes.

tinyok

@"beez", and if I say you are wrong, which one of us is right?   minusculethinking

I hope I'm proven wrong.

RE: No Election in November? - Snarl - 07-31-2020

(07-30-2020, 10:54 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 10:22 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Sorry, my liquor cabinet is bare and payday isn't till tomorrow. My last good nerve got fried yesterday. minusculebiggrin

We should seriously find a work-around for such dilemmas.  I bet we could do an electronic payment to your local liquor store and you could just walk in and pick it up.  It's be like me picking up the tab around here ... and @"gordi" & @"Sol" will be ever so jealous of us.   tinyinbiglove

RE: No Election in November? - DuckforcoveR - 07-31-2020

So this fake pandemic, hoax virus, is now enough to postpone an election  tinylaughing

Either way, thankfully there are actual levers that would have to get pulled to circumvent the constitution. And nothing DJT has pushed so far regarding Covid will help him to meet that criteria. 

Also pretty comical to see the "in jest" crowd on the right react. Can you imagine if Obama said this in 2012 or 2016? The riots would've made Portland look like the Truman Show  tinylaughing

Also, worth asking, why has mail in voting for our troops worked so well for 200+ years but now it's a risk? Just curious.