Rogue-Nation3
Hillary Becomes A University Chancellor. - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Election 2016 ! (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Hillary Becomes A University Chancellor. (/thread-4980.html)

Hillary Becomes A University Chancellor. - BIAD - 01-02-2020

Quote:Hillary Clinton appointed chancellor of Queen's University, Belfast.

'Hillary Clinton is to be the new chancellor of Queen's University, Belfast (QUB).
She is the university's 11th chancellor and first woman to take up the post.
In a statement, Mrs Clinton said it was a "great privilege" to become the chancellor of QUB.

She takes up her role immediately and will serve for a period of five years.
Ms Clinton succeeds Dr Tom Moran - who died last year. While the role of chancellor is mainly
a ceremonial one, securing Ms Clinton will be seen as a coup for Queen's.
The chancellor often presides at graduation ceremonies and is also an ambassador for the
university abroad.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6922]
Hillary Clinton's connection to Northern Ireland stretches back over two decades.
Hillary Clinton visited Stormont when she was US secretary of state in 2012.
Hillary Clinton met peace campaigner Joyce McCartan during her first visit to Belfast in 1995.

Ms Clinton will also act as an advisor to the vice-chancellor Prof Ian Greer and senior management.
The former Democratic presidential nominee previously received an honorary degree from Queen's
in 2018. However, her connection to Northern Ireland stretches back over two decades.

She first visited Northern Ireland as First Lady in November 1995 with her husband, President Bill
Clinton. They spent a day meeting representatives from across the community and also switched
on Belfast's Christmas lights.

President Clinton was the first serving US president to visit Northern Ireland. Since then, Ms Clinton
has been a regular visitor to the country. She was appointed US Secretary of State by President
Barack Obama in 2009, serving for four years until stepping down in 2013.

However, after winning the Democratic nomination for the White House she lost the 2016 Presidential
election to the Republican Party candidate Donald Trump. Ms Clinton recently told the BBC that she
was "under enormous pressure" to challenge President Donald Trump in next year's election.

The chair of the QUB senate - the university's governing body - Mr Stephen Prenter said he was
delighted that she was the new chancellor. "Secretary Clinton has made a considerable contribution
to Northern Ireland and as an internationally recognised leader will be an incredible advocate for
Queen's and an inspirational role model for the Queen's community," he said...'
SOURCE:

What's with the 'Miss' title...? Doesn't she like Bill and his cigar-cases anymore?!
tinylaughing

RE: Hillary Becomes A University Chancellor. - guohua - 01-02-2020

Quote:What's with the 'Miss' title...? Doesn't she like Bill and his cigar-cases anymore?!
I REALLY Doubt if he and Hillary have Played, "Hide The Cigar" in 30 or more Years and Chelsea is Married so he hasn't played with her in a while either,,,,,  minusculepuke

RE: Hillary Becomes A University Chancellor. - Ninurta - 01-02-2020

(01-02-2020, 04:20 PM)guohua Wrote:
Quote:What's with the 'Miss' title...? Doesn't she like Bill and his cigar-cases anymore?!
I REALLY Doubt if he and Hillary have Played, "Hide The Cigar" in 30 or more Years and Chelsea is Married so he hasn't played with her in a while either,,,,,  minusculepuke

I wouldn't be too sure - I once had a married woman tell me, and I quote - "this ring is open in the middle - it can't plug any holes!"

For those wondering, no, I didn't. It looked like a setup to me.