Rogue-Nation3
You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-49.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! (/thread-386.html)

Pages: 1 2

You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - Sol - 06-05-2016

A "bacon critic" is an actual job and it could be yours !

Quote:Do you like eating bacon? Do you have strong feelings about what makes good bacon good and what makes bad bacon bad? If you answered, "yes" to those questions - here's your chance to cash in on your passion. Extra Crispy, a new website dedicated to all things breakfast, is hiring an official Bacon Critic to write about, well, bacon.

:stumped: 

Really? 

Quote:According to a posting on the Extra Crispy site, the job, which is a paid three-month position, requires "serious writing chops, an unmistakable voice, a sense of adventure, and an insatiable hunger -- for bacon."

A sense of adventure? wait..what?

:thinking:

Oh...okay.

[Image: e2b63955cbafa628d8183704b4bc70b2.jpg]

Quote:The Bacon Critic can live anywhere in the United States, but "needs to be opinionated and thorough in his or her research, and will be expected to eventually decide which bacon is the best in the country."

:hey:

EXCUUUUUSE ME.......

[Image: CanadianCuisineChart3.jpg]

Quote:Whoever is offered the job, will have their work cut out for them since bacon can be found in everything from alcoholic drinks to deserts.

Lucky basterds.....

[Image: 3d434178b0834ef14822d0f645169b6f.jpg]  [Image: bacon_apple_pie-450x309.jpg]

Quote:There are even entire festivals devoted to bacon.

:goingcrazy:

[Image: baconfest12.jpg]

:smartass:

[Image: Screen%2BShot%2B2015-06-24%2Bat%2B11.13.23%2BAM.png]

:cry:

Life ain't fair.

http://abc13.com/food/now-you-can-get-paid-to-eat-bacon/1370222

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - senona - 06-05-2016

Who'd a thunk such a thing???
:itwasntme:

I will say, I do prefer crunchy bacon.
But find some bacon with too much caramel  makes it more chewy than crunchy.
Do not care for the chewy kind.

Just the old fashioned yummy smelling crunchy bacon that you can easily break the end off when passing by a plate that has it on there
(flash backs of my sister and I stealing bites of bacon my Mom would leave out , to fix for egg&bacon salad)

But if it has lots of caramel in it, I find it to be harder to bite and is more like a chew toy, albeit a yummy one. LOL

[Image: DancingBacon2.gif]

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - perfectinsanity - 06-05-2016

(06-05-2016, 01:10 AM)senona Wrote: Who'd a thunk such a thing???
:itwasntme:

I will say, I do prefer crunchy bacon.
But find some bacon with too much caramel  makes it more chewy than crunchy.
Do not care for the chewy kind.

Just the old fashioned yummy smelling crunchy bacon that you can easily break the end off when passing by a plate that has it on there
(flash backs of my sister and I stealing bites of bacon my Mom would leave out , to fix for egg&bacon salad)

But if it has lots of caramel in it, I find it to be harder to bite and is more like a chew toy, albeit a yummy one. LOL

[Image: DancingBacon2.gif]

Lmao a chew toy. That sums up pretty much what I think of all bacon. If i have it which is rare i like it just cooked not crunchy. 

I guess im just not a big bacon fan. I saw you can buy bacon toothpaste now. Lol yuck.

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - guohua - 06-05-2016

Who, Who could Hate Bacon, Who could ever Criticize Bacon,,,, That's one job I could not keep long. Why?
[Image: 338280_700b.jpg][Image: 9b83e0538c83d234f9ca6946dc950584.jpg] [Image: 24-Bacon-Love.gif]
[Image: tina-fey-bacon.gif]

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - Sol - 06-05-2016

[Image: b6bada916358d27ddabe2102f8fd4b55.jpg]

[Image: dea388565cff2758e79e7384dc18eebb.jpg]

[Image: 7760129.jpg]

[Image: e6d975dae88a4f2c9632a8c43e24257c.png]

[Image: 8adda09aadb043279ecd7bc8256748b5.png]

[Image: 26ecdec5a05147baa857eb68f08c5935.png]

[Image: eef0f7fe545a466b8a63de16af6afb55.png]

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - guohua - 06-05-2016

Everyday on my cubical desk at that job I'd have a Bouquet of [Image: bacon_bouquet-44591.gif] in a Vase!
They say Bacon Make You More Furtile,,,,,[Image: egg-sperm.jpg]

Damn it @Solarius, now look what you've done 

I got a hankering for some damn bacon and I ain't got none
:smartass: 

(reaches for guohua's bacon bouquet)

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - Mystic Wanderer - 06-05-2016

Good thing Teye is off camping this weekend or he would already be packing his bags to move to the U.S. so he could get that job. :biggrin: 

If I have bacon, it has to be extra lean and cooked crisp; I can't handle that fat meat. Yuck! :facepalm:

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - gordi - 06-05-2016

I can't remember if I shared my "pancakes with bacon" recipe here or not? (The old memory is not what it once was!)

Anyway, my apologies if I have.... BUT you'll thank me later if I haven't!!!

If you like Pancakes with Bacon (Who doesn't??) then here is a wee recipe tip for you!

1. Cook your bacon the way you like it.

2. Make your pancake batter, the way you like it.

3. Dip the cooked bacon into the pancake batter, completely covering it in the batter.

4. Cook the pancake (with the bacon already inside!)

5. Drizzle with maple syrup, and Enjoy!

(If you can use medallions of bacon, this works even better - because the pancakes still look round and "normal" but when your surprised family/friends bite into them.... NOM NOM NOM!!!

Try It! It's reallllllly cooooool!

Then,..... please make all Cheques payable to BigG...... Smile

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - BIAD - 06-05-2016

3. Dip the cooked bacon into the pancake batter, completely covering it in the batter.

If memory serves, isn't that what used to happen to Mars Bars in Scotland at one time?!!

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - gordi - 06-05-2016

(06-05-2016, 11:35 AM)BIAD Wrote: 3. Dip the cooked bacon into the pancake batter, completely covering it in the batter.

If memory serves, isn't that what used to happen to Mars Bars in Scotland at one time?!!

I wouldn't know. Ahem..... (don't mention the chip shop in Stonehaven that invented it...) Never heard of it tbh.

:huh:

(06-05-2016, 11:51 AM)gordi Wrote: I wouldn't know. Ahem..... (don't mention the chip shop in Stonehaven that invented it...) Never heard of it tbh.

:thumbsup: Shhhh  Say no more! (spoken as Eric Idle!)

(06-05-2016, 11:51 AM)gordi Wrote: I wouldn't know. Ahem..... (don't mention the chip shop in Stonehaven that invented it...) Never heard of it tbh.

Say No More!! -(spoken as Eric Idle!)
But... I did find this.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=160]
(Because I believe the referendum was rigged)

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - Night Star - 06-05-2016

Ahahaha! Great thread! Now I'm hungry and I don't have any bacon. 

Those bacon roses were cool!

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - senona - 06-06-2016

(06-05-2016, 09:35 PM)Night Star Wrote: Ahahaha! Great thread! Now I'm hungry and I don't have any bacon. 

Those bacon roses were cool!

Yeah, nothing beats a BACON thread alright!

:biggrin:

And yes last night, I was hungry for some bacon and did not have any........grrrr
(still don't have any)

And yet here I am again, looking at all this yummy bacon....sigh
:notlooking:

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - Ninurta - 06-07-2016

When we were living in Kansas City, Grace brought two of these home to me (see attachment) - bacon donuts! Nom nom nom! Now, to truly understand the depth of that devotion, one must understand that she was still a Muslim at the time - now THAT'S true love!

Disclaimer - that was one of the actual donuts, before I hiccupped and it mysteriously disappeared. No green leafy salad-like vegetables were harmed in the production of this post.

'

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - Sol - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 12:35 AM)Ninurta Wrote: When we were living in Kansas City, Grace brought two of these home to me (see attachment) - bacon donuts! Nom nom nom! Now, to truly understand the depth of that devotion, one must understand that she was still a Muslim at the time - now THAT'S true love!

Disclaimer - that was one of the actual donuts, before I hiccupped and it mysteriously disappeared. No green leafy salad-like vegetables were harmed in the production of this post.

'

Bacon donuts...

Why oh why did I start such a thread when there isn't a slice of bacon in the house...

:cry:

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - guohua - 07-17-2020

Bump, Bump, BUMP the best food Ever!
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470d98ce748bcc5746ff...=giphy.gif] Who Loves Bacon? [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dc392ff91b8bf91062...=giphy.gif]

RE: You HAVE GOT to be kidding !!! - F2d5thCav - 07-17-2020

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-bacon-wrapped-dates-226082

I would have never thought of such things.  But, WOW, are they a fine appetizer!

Cheers