Rogue-Nation3
Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. (/thread-2144.html)

Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. - BIAD - 05-23-2017

Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89.

'Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has
announced.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1850]

He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.
Sir Roger's family confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he had died after "a short but brave
battle with cancer".

The statement, from his children, read: "Thank you Pops for being you, and being so very special
to so many people." "With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir
Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated," they said in a Twitter post.

The actor took the character of James Bond in a more humorous direction than his predecessor
Sean Connery.

Sir Roger's Bond was calm and suave - a smooth operator who could seemingly get himself out
of a tricky situation with ease.

The veteran star, who died in Switzerland, will have a private funeral in Monaco in accordance
with his wishes, his children said. "The love with which he was surrounded in his final days was
so great it cannot be quantified in words alone," read the statement from Deborah, Geoffrey
and Christian.

"Our thoughts must now turn to supporting Kristina [Tholstrup, his wife] at this difficult time."...'
SOURCE:

RE: Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. - Mystic Wanderer - 05-23-2017

Although I never 'got into' his movies because I was too young, he made a lot of hearts throb back in the day. 

Another good one gone. tinycrying 

Rest in Peace Roger Moore.

[Image: Rest-In-Peace-R-I-P-1378906997.jpg]

RE: Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. - BIAD - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 05:18 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Although I never 'got into' his movies because I was too young, he made a lot of hearts throb back in the day. 
I grew up with him being 'The Saint' which until colour TV came along in the UK, was series done
in black and white! It was like a mini-Bond character who went around solving crimes.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1853]

(He did one episode about the Loch Ness Monster, Mystic!!)

RE: Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. - Mystic Wanderer - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 05:25 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 05:18 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Although I never 'got into' his movies because I was too young, he made a lot of hearts throb back in the day. 
I grew up with him being 'The Saint' which until colour TV came along in the UK, was series done
in black and white! It was like a mini-Bond character who went around solving crimes.

(He did one episode about the Loch Ness Monster, Mystic!!)

I never heard of that show. 

Loch Ness, you say?   tinybighuh    Oh my, seems I missed out on a good show.   tinyshocked

RE: Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. - BIAD - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 06:22 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I never heard of that show. 

Loch Ness, you say?   tinybighuh    Oh my, seems I missed out on a good show.   tinyshocked

Because Mystic Wanderer asks, Mystic Wanderer gets!

As I type this, I'm watching 'The Persuaders' starring Roger Moore & Tony Curtis!

RE: Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89. - guohua - 05-26-2017

Oh, WoW!
R. I. P.
Mr. Bond. Good Bye.
[Image: landscape-1472046634-sean-connery-james-bond.gif]
Hope your return to this world is soon.
If not enjoy your after-life.
[Image: tumblr_nl2vlzkJZt1und15po1_500.gif]