Rogue-Nation3
legendary Quotes on France - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: History and Old Mystery (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-70.html)
+--- Forum: Military Matters and Misteps (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-73.html)
+--- Thread: legendary Quotes on France (/thread-1976.html)

legendary Quotes on France - 727Sky - 04-16-2017

Subject: LEGENDARY QUOTES ON FRANCE

‘France  has neither winter nor summer nor morals.    Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country.    France has usually been governed by prostitutes.'

Mark Twain

------------------------------

'I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.'

General George S. Patton

'Going to war without  France  is like going deer hunting without your accordion.'

Norman Schwartzkopf

'We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it.'

Marge Simpson

'As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure.'

Jacques Chirac, President of France 

'The only time  France  wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in  Paris  sipping coffee.'

Regis Philbin

'You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it.'

John McCain , U.S. Senator from Arizona

'The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag.'

David Letterman

'Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives in  Canada  .'

Ted Nugent

'War without  France  would be like .. World War II.'

Unknown

'The favorite bumper sticker in Washington D.C. right now is one that says 'First Iraq , then France .''

Tom Brokaw

'What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against Disney World and Big Macs than the Nazis?'

Dennis Miller

'It is important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us.'

Alan Kent

-----------------------------

'They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida.    To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house.'

Argus  Hamilton 

'Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day --the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once''

Rep. Roy Blunt, MO

'The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've found truffles in  Iraq  '

Dennis Miller

Q What did the mayor of  Paris  say to the German Army as they entered the city in WWII?

A Table for 100,000 m'sieur?

'Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend  Paris  ?   It's not known, it's never been tried.'

Rep. R. Blount, MO

'Do you know it only took  Germany  three days to conquer  France  in WWII?    And that's because it was raining.'

John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv

French Ban Fireworks at Euro Disney

(AP), Paris , March 5, 2003

The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on the use of fireworks at Euro Disney. The decision comes the day after a nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles outside of Paris , caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army garrison to surrender to a group of Czech tourists.

RE: legendary Quotes on France - guohua - 04-16-2017

smallawesome smallrofl