Rogue-Nation3
MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation3 (https://rogue-nation3.com)
+-- Forum: The Conspiracy Corner (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Cryptozoology (https://rogue-nation3.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? (/thread-1895.html)

Pages: 1 2

MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - gordi - 03-31-2017

Fellow Rogues,

I was chatting earlier with an online friend on another forum site, when they mentioned having seen a large flying creature silhouetted against the night sky, bigger than any bird...

In his own words:
Quote:"...We do get large Eagles and some large bats ... but this thing looked more like a Pterodactyl "

I was instantly reminded of some stories that I had heard when I first became interested in crypto stuff many years before... stories about modern day sightings of living prehistoric flying creatures, Pterosaurs... Pterodactyls... Pteranodon... Ropen... usually on remote pacific islands like Papua New Guinea.

This friend lives in a quiet coastal village in Australia, so it got me thinking.... "I wonder if there are any other modern sightings in that area?"

So, I started checking... And there ARE!

From: The digital book "Live Pterosaurs in Australia and in Papua New Guinea" by Jonathan Whitcomb.
Available to download for FREE HERE

Quote:Kathy was driving [at about 8:30] at night, with her thirteen-year-old daughter, when the huge creature flew over the car:

“. . . The wings were so big. Black bat leather like.”
“One wing covered the car . . . you could see, just the underneath.”
“As it [bent its] wing . . . you could see how strong it was, so big.”
“No feathers just leather.”
“You could see the vein look stretching across the wing . . . covered with black stretched leather.”

From: The Paperback book: "Searching for Ropens" by the same author:

Quote:...When he looked back at where he had been, at the door of a shed, he saw a large creature with wings. It was on the roof of the shed, just above the door where he had recently been standing. . . . the boy had a brief view of the body and wings of the creature. It was larger than an average man six feet tall, with wings that folded to the side and back, reminiscent of bat wings.

There are also (surprisingly) many sightings across the USA too, as detailed in these links:

LIVE Pterosaur dotcom

e.g. A 1980's report from TULSA Oklahoma:
Quote:"One flew right over our heads and landed in my mom’s field across the creek. . . . He was no more than ten feet directly above us, but I think it was closer to five. [It] feels like I could have jumped and touched him! His wing span was 15-17 feet.

Very distinctive kite point on the end of his cat like tail. No feathers, fur or anything. Skin was like dusty black leather, feet were pulled up, black, long pointed  black nails. I didn’t see the top of his head or his back well before he landed. . . .

and
Modern Pterosaur dotcom

Grantsville UTAH 2001
Quote:"By the time his brother Devon saw the creature, it was overhead, and the farm animals nearby were “going crazy” in panic. Devon thought of the legendary Phoenix bird, but he eventually got the impression that it was a strange kind of bioluminescent flying creature, with a wingspan of perhaps 15-20 feet."

So, what do we think?
Are there huge prehistoric flying creatures still roaming the skies of our modern world?
G

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - guohua - 03-31-2017

Really,,,, I mean REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!

That would be So Hucking CoooooooooooooL!  tinybiggrin

Nice Post gordi,,,,, great research.

Is your friend coming here? tinyhuh

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - gordi - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 01:26 PM)guohua Wrote: Really,,,, I mean REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!

That would be So Hucking CoooooooooooooL!  tinybiggrin

Nice Post gordi,,,,, great research.

Is your friend coming here? tinyhuh

...not yet!
LOL

@"gordi"  using your link I found some sightings in America.
Here is a Link with the witnesses report of what hey say they seen.
Link

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - gordi - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 01:35 PM)guohua Wrote: @"gordi"  using your link I found some sightings in America.
Link

Yeah, I included some US links in the OP too.
It's so cool to think of, even the possibility of, this being true.
G

I found this after I made the above post.
 What are the possibilities this is not a Hoax?
Then you have this website: Link 
and Link with a picture.
[Image: Civil-War-Pterosaur-belt-buckle-comparis...30x319.jpg]

You can always share these links with your friend.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - Mystic Wanderer - 03-31-2017

I'll share my story again for the new members:

There was a creature that used to run past my bedroom window when I was around the age of 10 years old. My room was on one end of the house, and my parents bedroom was on the other end, with my sister's room in between the two, all on the same side of the house.

During the winter, a creature of some type would start running at the other end of the house (at my parents bedroom), and run past the three bedrooms. When it reached my window, it sounded like it took flight with very large wings; I could hear them flapping as it went airborne.
As it ran, it sounded like horse hooves, but only with two legs, which was very loud!

This thing didn't only run by and fly away once per night; it would fly away, circle back to the other end of the house, and run by again (then fly away). It would make 4 or 5 trips doing this, over and over.  
(I never could figure out why my parents and sister were never awakened. I've read that Big Foot can paralyze it's prey with a type of low frequency, so maybe this creature had some type of ability to keep them asleep? But then, why was I the only one who woke up?   minusculethinking       )

The sound it made when it screamed was unlike anything the old-timers in the area had ever heard! They had heard panthers, bobcats, etc. all their lives, and they said this was not a cat, or anything they had ever heard!
To me, it sounded exactly like a pteranodon from the movies!
It didn't scream as it flew past, but everyone around the area heard the scream at different times throughout the day and night coming from the woods across from our house.

[Image: da5166aae1.jpg]

(There was also something very tall and dark that walked by our bathroom window one day at dusk. Everyone thought  it was a Big Foot, so I'm not sure which creature was making the squealing sound.)

I never did look out my window to see what it was... I was too frightened! I also felt like it knew I was there, and it was there because of me.
The adults in the area were afraid to go outside at night, and my parents wouldn't allow me to play outside during the day.

Also, another interesting fact: My neighbor had a pig sliced open on it's belly during this time with only the liver missing! He said the cut was smooth, like it could have been a very sharp knife. ( Probably the creature's razor-sharp claws! )

One night when there was snow on the ground, I got lucky and saw where it had left footprints in the snow. They were shaped like a bird, sort of; about a foot long, or more, with three long appendages in front and one going out in the back. I showed the footprints to my sister, so I do have a witness to back up what I saw.

I'm posting the image below as a reference to how the claw print in the snow looked, except it also had an appendage coming out in the back of the foot :

[Image: AlienwareHand-2.jpg]

I don't think it was ETs that I heard outside, however I could be wrong.   tinyhuh

I don't remember exactly how many weeks this activity lasted, but I think it went on for several weeks every night,  then it just stopped and I never heard it again.

Here is a link with more stories:
LINK

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - Night Star - 04-01-2017

(03-31-2017, 01:35 PM)guohua Wrote: @"gordi"  using your link I found some sightings in America.
Link

WTH, there was a sighting in Rhode Island???????? It didn't mention where in Rhode Island. I'll be watching the skies a little more closely now. Shocked
I remember seeing a bird in flight that looked like a prehistoric bird once, but it was some kind of crane bird.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - guohua - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 12:14 AM)Night Star Wrote:
Link

WTH, there was a sighting in Rhode Island???????? It didn't mention where in Rhode Island. I'll be watching the skies a little more closely now. Shocked
I remember seeing a bird in flight that looked like a prehistoric bird once, but it was some kind of crane bird.
Some kind of Crane or a baby PTEROSAURS!!!!

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - Night Star - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 12:37 AM)guohua Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 12:14 AM)Night Star Wrote:
Link

Some kind of Crane or a baby PTEROSAURS!!!!
LOL! At first I did indeed think it was a pterosaurs until it landed and I got a better view. I'll still be checking the skies though, you know, just in case.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - BIAD - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 01:03 AM)Night Star Wrote: LOL! At first I did indeed think it was a pterosaurs until it landed and I got a better view. I'll still be checking the skies though, you know, just in case.

The way I look at this subject is that if something isn't flying around that looks
like one of these supposedly-extinct creatures, then everyone who's reported
seeing them is either half-blind, deliberate liar or both.

And I doubt every sighting must fall into one of those categories.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - Spirit Scribe - 07-20-2017

Well... I'm not certain just what I saw, but after eliminating several things, I can't help but wonder...

The first time I saw it I thought maybe it was a heron. We have a lot of them in East TN; blue, gray, even white... that didn't sound right so I thought maybe a pelican. I ruled that out because of the head that I was watching disappear rapidly in the distance. Then I thought maybe one of those super large flying foxes, because you know people smuggle exotic pets in all the time and then turn them loose when they get too big. It startled me so much and I was trying so hard to figure out what I was looking at, that I forgot I had my phone in my hand. If I'd had any sense I might have got a picture of it, but oh well.

The second and last time i saw it, it was flying overhead as I was driving home one evening. I was driving through an area that has a little gap in the tree tops and I noticed quickly that it was not a normal bird. It just flaps differently... constantly, not really fast or slow, it just... looks funny. It was long gone by the time i got home, and I haven't seen it since. I will add that the first time I saw it, it was flying about 60-80 feet high.

What I saw was black, had a short or almost non-existent tail  and wide wings (both of which leans toward the flying fox theory), and the head was narrow looking. Both times I've seen it at an angle, not really accommodating for a good description I'm afraid. I'd say maybe a six foot wing span. Another thought on the tail - it could be that it's been too hard to see the tail at the distance I was from it, or maybe the angle, but I should have seen the ball shape at the end if I was seeing a pterodactyl.

I just noticed the OP said it was seen silhouetted against the night sky... both times I've seen this thing it was broad daylight, but later in the evening, maybe 8 or so in the summer, because it was cooler but not dark yet.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - 727Sky - 07-21-2017

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - guohua - 07-22-2017

That was interesting, I noticed a lot of videos on this subject on you tube.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - Chiefsmom - 07-24-2017

I have actually seen a few different pictures, older, like the civil war picture, and always thought......why not?

If the stupid DNR here in MI couldn't admit that we have mountain lions until this year, although people have been seeing them for years (I even saw trail cam pics myself several years ago, and still won't admit we have wolverines, I've learned not to trust the "official" word, when it comes to them saying something is impossible.

Because really, what is the first thing that is going to happen, if something like this, or big foot is found?

Morons will be out in full force with weapons, trying to kill it.  Government or regular people alike.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - Mystic Wanderer - 07-24-2017

(07-21-2017, 11:37 PM)727Sky Wrote:

I saw his speech some time ago, but I watched the whole thing again because I never get tired of hearing about all the strangeness of Skinwalker Ranch.

That place is crazy!   tinywhat

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - gordi - 02-09-2018

Perhaps more "Thunderbird" than Pterosaur, but.....

http://juneauempire.com/outdoors/2018-02-01/impossibly-large-bird-spotted-mendenhall-valley

Spotted in Alaska.

G

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - BIAD - 02-09-2018

I would initially be dubious to the idea of a huge flying creature that scientists said died out with
the rest of the dinosaurs, due to the fact that our perception that all animals have at some time,
been seen by us.

The 'Thunderbird' idea is valid because even though the name derives from myths and stories,
a overly-large condor or eagle could fall under that heading. It's big, has the appearance of a
bird and preys on smaller animals. That means the size of it's hoped-for food increases and we
sit uncomfortably in that category!

It could be that the early Native Americans imagined such a creature with the thought that it may
help youngsters from straying, but that could imply that some of today's Native Americans who
speak of such a monster-bird and other witnesses in the areas of liars or poorly sighted.

I would like a Pterodactyl to exist as all it would been seen as is a wrinkle in the evolution theory.
As far as a connection to the Skin-walker Ranch is concerned... anything is possible with that weird
place.

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - gordi - 02-10-2018

I did a little bit more digging on the Pterosaur thing and am a bit "concerned" that the 2 or 3 experts who wrote the books and led the expeditions all turned out to be the same guy!!!! (He was apparently trying to bring "validity" to the field by writing under several "nom de plumes"!)

There is definitely some anecdotal evidence out there, but a lot of it seems to be traceable back to that one guy, so I'm less inclined to believe it unless it can be corroborated completely independently.

The Thunderbird thing is very interesting and I agree with @BIAD that because large Eagles (and similar) are known to exist already, there is a better chance of a particularly large one being around too.

I still seem to come back to my over-arching theory about rips in space / time...
Pterosaurs? Giant "Thunder"birds etc... just glimpses of the past viewed through a timeslip/rift?
(Many witnesses over the years, but no permanent physical evidence left around.)

G

RE: MODERN LIVING PTEROSAURS? - BIAD - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 09:28 AM)gordi Wrote: ...I still seem to come back to my over-arching theory about rips in space / time...
Pterosaurs? Giant "Thunder"birds etc... just glimpses of the past viewed through a timeslip/rift?
(Many witnesses over the years, but no permanent physical evidence left around.)

G

We grow-up in a world that tells us such access to other planes are not possible and since many of us
perceive science in the same manner as we interact as society, we take it that science is the Elder who
knows better.

But science doesn't -or shouldn't (see Climate-Change corruption)... take the stand of 'we can't find and
ergo, it isn't real'. Science postulates, theorises and arrives at a temporary conclusion based on the studies
at that time.

Staying on the topic...sort-of! Birds fly and humans can't, yet we found a way around it.
It was through scientific means and endeavour that we accomplished this act, this discipline never said
"You shouldn't" or I believe it's wrong"!

The current theories of reality are changing daily and without dragging the need for a deity into it, it does seem
like this reality may not be what we currently think it is generally.

Does that make us as a species, special...? No, rational thought dictates that humanity is not an integral part
of the eternal universe. So that leads us to thinking that if we're not unique among other creatures, then why
would dimensional-access be only limited to us.
Assuming such access exist.

Science knows that many different dimensions exist, one question would be why would they be separate if there's
no connection? Maybe there isn't, but if we're merely part of a bigger system -and we're not that important as
a species, who's to say that another -if not all species, couldn't access these dimensions?

Birds evolved to fly and we created flying machines. Can those we deem 'lesser' than us not do other things that we
haven't got to yet?! All this and we haven't even got to 'what if the accesses were created from the 'other side' and
who was it?!!

And as you pointed out, rips in time could be a natural event that could cause these anomalies.
Not labouring on the 'coelacanth'-discovery, science doesn't know everything yet!